Chit Chat

I broke another phone . . .

I have always had the worst luck with phones. Until I got my iphone 3gs a few years ago. I finally upgraded in May as a graduation gift to myself and got the 5s. Well, I went to visit Fiance's family with him for a few days, and we all went out, and I ended up breaking my phone. It would not turn on, and I have no idea what happened to it. So I sold it to AT&T for $60 bucks, and Fiance's family gave me a 4s they were not using. Well today, I dropped it and shattered the screen. Argh!! So now I have ordered a screen replacement kit so that I can replace the screen and not spend $500 to upgrade my phone. So frustrating! . . 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I broke another phone . . .

• I still have Verizon's unlimited data plan, so I refuse to pay them to upgrade my phone.  I found an awesome gently used Samsung Note 3 on craigslist for $300, and I bought 2 previous phones used as well, so I highly recommend it!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I know how frustrating this is.  There was a point where I went through about four phones in six months.  Mind you, I was fifteen at the time.  As an adult, I did accidentally throw my iPhone 3 out of an eighth story window, that one might make you feel a little better.
  • We actually bought a 5c on Amazon after I broke the 5s but when we went to activate it, we found out it was stolen. It was definitely kind of embarrassing. We got a full refund and shipped the phone back. Now I am thinking if I wait a few more weeks maybe the 5s will be cheaper online because the 6 is out. Ugh! I even had the 5s in an otterbox but apparently it could not stand a night of drinking with Fiance and his parents.

I was going to wait it out with the 4s and thought I could manage it without a case. I guess not. . . I will likely be ordering at least a cheap case after I replace the screen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI has a really great case.  If it's something other than Otterbox I'll let you know when he gets home.  It looks really hideous, but the phone has survived so far.  
  • I love the otter box. I will never again go without some form of case on any phone I ever have. I had the otter box credit card holding case on my 5s and loved it, but after it breaking it . . I think I will just stick to crazy industrial cases. They are a little ridiculous but when it comes to going without a phone because I can't keep from breaking them, I think it's worth it. . . 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I tried to teach a blackberry how to swim...they don't float.
  • edited September 2014
    I know how frustrating this is.  There was a point where I went through about four phones in six months.  Mind you, I was fifteen at the time.  As an adult, I did accidentally throw my iPhone 3 out of an eighth story window, that one might make you feel a little better.
    ....accidentally???

ETA: yeah... I haven't had an unbroken phone for longer than a couple of months in YEARS.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Lifeproof cases are AMAZING. When I upgrade to the 6 after the wedding I am definitely investing in one of those bad boys. They're around $100 but they're waterproof and everything. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This case is inexpensive and amazing!!!  It protected H's phone when he forgot it on the roof of the car and he turned on to a busy road out of our neighborhood - 55 mile per hour speed limit.  He found the phone on the ground about a 1/4 mile from our neighborhood and completely undamaged.  Case was dead but phone was mint!

i-Blason Case

They have different versions for a number of different phones.  Knowing what H's phone survived, I stand by this case.  Great protection and very reasonable cost.

Anniversary
  • Your phone was inside the Otterbox and it still broke?  You might want to call Otterbox.  I'm pretty sure they have a warranty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Eek, my iPhone 6 JUST got delivered, but I'm afraid to activate it until I get a case because I know that if I don't put it in something, it will hit the ground and be shattered.  Ugh.

• Eek, my iPhone 6 JUST got delivered, but I'm afraid to activate it until I get a case because I know that if I don't put it in something, it will hit the ground and be shattered.  Ugh.
    Eeek, get a case first!  Also I'm totes jealous.  I really want the 6 but I don't have an upgrade for 6 months.  I may finagle a way to get it for my work phone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I am pretty sure mine got wet in the Otterbox, it was the credit card case so it had more opportunity for breaking. I have learned a lesson, always put the phone away or in the purse when drinking heavily. Once I get the six, which could be 6-9 months, I will definitely be buying the best case I can possibly get for it. I am not waiting on my screen replacement to come. I am not sure if I am going to watch a few Youtube videos and attempt to do it myself on Monday, or if I am going to wait until I see my brother Wednesday who has experience replacing a ton of them. I don't enjoy small shards of glass coming off as I am using my phone. . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I once dropped my phone in the toilet.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have surprisingly avoided dropping my phone in the toilet. I don't know how many times I have had my phone in my back pocket. I will forget its there and it falls out. Haha . . . ugh. . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards