Chit Chat
Options

So close I can taste it

The weekend. I'm so ready for it to be here.

It's restaurant week in one of my favorite neighborhoods and I'm going to eat ALL THE THINGS. Also FI and I are hopefully going to a drive-in movie, because we realized that it's already fall and we haven't been yet. Then on Sunday I'm running errands and going to birthday dinner with a friend. Should be a great weekend.

What fun things do you ladies have planned for this weekend?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So close I can taste it

• Options
    Nothing, thank goodness. I plan to spend the entire weekend pinning food I can't eat (I'm 16 days out and my dress is more than a little snug; I don't want to pay for it to be let out). FH and I will probably also go to Costco. I'm boring, I know.
  • Options
    Mmmmmm, Restaurant Week!  Yum!

My parents are coming into town this weekend for a wedding, so we'll enjoy time with them.  On Saturday, DH and I are volunteering at our church for an all-day mini retreat for jr high and high school students.  We're a little nervous because there are supposed to be 700+ kids there and this is the first time our church is doing something like this.  But, I love working with high school students, so I'm excited to see how it goes.
  • Options
    Second dress fitting :D My BFF's DH is having a birthday get together, so after I have my dress taken in, I'm eating a ton of Oreo-related items (Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes, Oreo Fudge, Oreo cakepops, Oreo alcohol... BFF's DH likes Oreos), then try to burn it all off again.
  • Options

We're going up to SO's hometown and our parents are finally going to meet.  My mom is nervous, but in typical fashion, one of her main concerns is whether or not SO's mom is skinnier than her.

Sunday we're going to a wedding expo and meeting a photographer, so hopefully we'll get the whole thing planned and just have fun stuff left! (One can dream....)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm watching football tonight, so I won't have football this weekend. I'm gonna wash the not-so-fuzzball Saturday afternoon, and then Sunday is my and FI's mutual off day. We'll chill and probably find the Colts game at some point. 

Jealous of your restaurant week!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Missing out on restaurant week here :( I am really in no shape to be dining out, but I certainly would if I could!

DH is coming home tonight (yay!!!) so I'm excited to spend the weekend with him, even if it's not doing much.

• Options
    A whole lot of nothing. I'm kind of looking g forward to it. Our weekends are always so busy around here. The kids an I might go visit my dad and step mom (on the other side of town, not much of a visit) I haven't seen them for a few weeks.
  • Options
    I am catching up on school stuff. I'm so behind since my husband was home. When he is here, I get so little done because work is not my priority, and then I am swamped later. I did as much as I could last weekend, but now I have everything from this week to do. He left yesterday, though, so now it's time to get my shit together.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I am still working on wedding stuff for my friend all weekend. Just over 2 weeks until her big day, and I seriously can't wait. Partially because she's going to marry the man she loves, but also partially because I am SO TIRED of the current project I'm working on for her. I've broken 2 hole punchers and destroyed 4 Exacto blades already, and I'm only 3/4 done. I was joking with one of my friends that all the cutting, punching, and tiny bow-tying has made my right arm as strong as any teenage boy's!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014

Nothing much, We're going to hit up Michael's tomorrow since they are having an awesome sale. 

FI has to work on Saturday and Sunday, so while he's gone, I'm going to clean the apartment, do my homework, and fold another 25-50 paper cranes while binge watching bad reality TV and drinking alcohol. 

I'm also going to debate giving my cat a bath.....................

ETA: Praragraphs TK

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I have my final dress fitting tomorrow. I really hope the added fabric in the skirt gives the look I was going for.

Then FI and I have chores to do, and a major crafting fest on Sunday.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    I was supposed to do Music Midtown with my little sister.  I put off buying tickets because she's a finicky teenager, and sure enough, she changed her mind at the last minute.  Which is fine, but I declined other plans, AND it's our mom's 50th birthday, and she was all, "You don't need to be with me.  I'll be happy knowing you're having fun, and dad and I can have a date night!"  So...I don't even know now haha.  FI is going hunting, so he'll be gone all weekend.

@blabla89 which neighborhood is having restaurant week right now?

• Options
    I need to finish getting over pneumonia.
    And build a fence.
    Put up siding on our shed and Re roof it.

It's going to be busy.
  • Options
    @lurkergirl Inman Park, except that I just realized it's actually next week (womp womp) - for some reason I had it in my head that it was this weekend. #laurafail

@KytchynWitche YAY! I'm excited for you! Better AW some photos for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

So much to do this weekend! Since the wedding is only a week away, we have a lot of little things to finish up. FI is going to help me with some of it tonight, and I need to color my hair. Hopefully I don't get hair dye all over my newly painted bathroom.

Tomorrow morning we have errands to run and then in the afternoon we're going to a fundraising event. It's a wine and food tasting event in our local cemetery to raise money for the chapel. We went last year and it was a lot of fun. Plus we got free tickets since the bank FI works for is a sponsor. Then we'll maybe take a trip out to the park where he proposed to me to walk around and see how the leaves are changing.

Sunday I plan on deep cleaning the house, which has been sorely neglected. That evening we have a wedding to go to, which should be a lot of fun. Supposedly they're having fireworks at the end of the night, and lots of good wine (both work at our local liquor/wine store and have an impressive wine collection).

• Options
    I have a dress fitting tomorrow morning and my sister is going to learn how to bustle my dress! I'll be feeling like a princess haha.

Then we are going to go get tattoos for her birthday present! I had made a "sister" tattoo a looooong time ago and we said we had to get it done before my wedding. Both of our names start with the letter C so I had designed two C's connecting, one on top of the other (one backwards), to make an S for sister. It's cute, I'm excited.

FH bachelor party is tomorrow night. I'm nervous he's going to die of alcohol poisoning. Wah.

• Options
    Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my girlfriends. It's a soft opening of a restaurant, so we get 50% off all the food. Woo hoo! 

Tomorrow, no plans really. Just running some last minute errands. Cleaning the house. 

And that's it! 
  • Options
    I was supposed to do Music Midtown with my little sister.  I put off buying tickets because she's a finicky teenager, and sure enough, she changed her mind at the last minute.  Which is fine, but I declined other plans, AND it's our mom's 50th birthday, and she was all, "You don't need to be with me.  I'll be happy knowing you're having fun, and dad and I can have a date night!"  So...I don't even know now haha.  FI is going hunting, so he'll be gone all weekend.

@blabla89 which neighborhood is having restaurant week right now?
    Y'all are making me jealous. I just want to go to Marlow's and go visit my grandma :(
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    It's Friday morning and I am annoyed about a lot of little things.  My friend came over last night, we went to a free outdoor jazz concert, then dinner and one drink out at a bar.  All that was fun.  When we got back to our house, friend drank three more beers out of our fridge (two were 90-Minutes) and got plastered.  She even threw up, although she made it to the toilet in time and I didn't have to clean up after her, at least.  Then this morning she messed up my brand-new makeup compact that I haven't even used yet, pressing the sponge in too hard.  Gaaahhhhhh.  Because she slept late and was in a rush.  Because she was drunk last night.  >:|

Oh.  And last night Fi broke my alma mater mug, which I bought during orientation my freshman year.  I was really sad about that.  Still sad, actually.

Now that I'm done complaining, I am very excited for this weekend!  My 1L roommate is visiting from Boston!  We are going for boozy brunch tomorrow with the same friend who was here last night.  Hopefully Friend will not overdo it again.  I'm looking forward to a lazy, fun weekend with friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    FIs birthday is on the 20th so want to bake him a cake :)

On the 21st we are going to a restaurant to celebrate with another couple we know.  We all haven't gotten together in a while so it will be nice to see them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Having my first dinner date with FI after 6 months! Can't wait to go to a nice restaurant this Saturday and have some vino. Also, roommate is gone for the weekend so you know what that means....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have an outdoor movie for the town I work for tonight. We're watching "The Croods" which I'm pretty excited about.

Tomorrow is cleaning day at my house. Inside and out! And tons of laundry to do. We have been so busy lately and haven't actually cleaned the house in a few weeks (other than a quick clean). I also have to go pick up my BM dress for FSIL's wedding on 10/11. Then tomorrow night is a good friend's 24th birthday party.

I leave Sunday morning for the NCRPA conference (Recreation Association) in Wilmington through Tuesday! This will be my first State conference so I'm pretty excited and nervous at the same time. 

• Options
    I can literally taste it.

Tomorrow I'm making Thanksgiving food. I got a 13.5 lb turkey, potatoes, stuffing, veg.

Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and >Apple crisp.

Once we eat pretend Thanksgiving dinner, I'm going to make Thanksgiving shepherd's pie. Layers in order from the bottom: shredded turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes. Bake at 400 until you get some golden brown edges.

I'm giving most of it to my parents and FILs, but I'm excited to make and eat it. FMIL and my mom both do Thanksgiving and Christmas meals so there's no real reason for me to add on and make all this shit at those times. So I've started hooking it up in September so I can at least make it and not have any pressure to serve it in a big to-do.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @beethery that sounds delish!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @beethery So when should I arrive for dinner?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    blabla89 said:
    @beethery that sounds delish!

It is good as hell. I made a turkey breast last year and was SO FUCKING PROUD OF MYSELF, so I decided to scale it up this year. All my big event food is always Italian, so it's nice to do something different.

@JCbride2015 well if you want regular thanksgiving food your best bet is to show up around 7, because that's when FI gets home and I'll have it all ready to eat by then. If you want shepherd's pie, you just come over any time on Sunday and it'll be ready to rock. ;)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

TGIF! Tonight is date night so FI and I are going to dinner and then I may drag him shopping with me. (I don't feel bad).

Tomorrow I am hanging out with my mom and hopefully picking up my e-ring from Kay. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they didn't break any more of it.

Sunday is football! We are having some friends over and I am making lots and lots of food.

• Options
    Tonight FI and I are heading to our venue to knock out all of the final decisions. We're bringing my parents along so they can feel part of it. I've got so many questions!

Tomorrow morning we meet with our officiant (my aunt!) to get closer on our ceremony. I've got my vows done and a bunch of sample ceremonies but we're really not sure how this works.

After meeting with my aunt, FI has promised me that he'll finally get our washer/dryer hooked up. We've got both machines stacked but not working and it's been too frickin' long since I've been able to do laundry at home (we're talking 6+ months). I might have thrown a minor shit fit about it earlier this week. I make no guarantees that he'll survive the weekend if he doesn't get it done...

After that, meeting with the DJ.

Then date night! It was supposed to be dinner at a favorite restaurant and a movie but now it's dinner and a quick stop at the house of one of his old professors. I guess she's moving and having a huge party and he wants to stop by and say goodbye. A little bummed but no big deal.

I take FMIL shopping for a dress for the wedding on Sunday. She's sweet but I hate her taste in dresses- and she wants my approval and help. I'm just nodding along with whatever she likes but it's painful.
  • Options

I work all weekend but we've got some fun things planned in the evenings. Tonight we're celebrating a friend's birthday, tomorrow night we're going to the DC Short Film Festival and Sunday night we'll watch my Panthers take on the Steelers.

Monday is my day off and I get to do exciting things like go to a work luncheon to meet my new store manager, take the car for an oil change and hopefully get my information sent in for my new passport.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards