Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

After Ceremony Decided - Kind Of

Well, we have decided to do an in-suite reception.  So now I have thoughts:

food:  cater?
cake:  Freed's?
chairs/high tables: rental co?

I am not inclined to do a bunch of decorating, so I'm leaving that alone.  Anything else I need to think about?

Thanks!
Happiness is an inside job

Re: After Ceremony Decided - Kind Of

• Options
    Music :Dj or ipod Alcohol: bartender? Self serve? Set up: day of coordinator? Bridal party? Yourself? Photography: will you need one for the reception Renting suite night before or just the Day of? Where is the suite, will you be able to get everything past security? I'm having an In suite reception and had to tackle all these as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Music :Dj or ipod

iPod

Alcohol: bartender? Self serve? 

Self serve.  Costco is our friend.

Set up: day of coordinator? 

I am thinking yes.  I don't want to drive myself or anyone else crazy.  Got any recommendations?

Photography: will you need one for the reception

Have two good friends and a cousin who are crazy amateur photogs.  We don't want the cutesy stuff.  We actually want pictures our friends and family more than us.

Renting suite night before or just the Day of?  

Requesting day before and the day after

Where is the suite, will you be able to get everything past security? 

Right now, Mandalay is the front runner, with Aria right behind.  From posts by fellow TKers, this seems doable at both properties.

I'm having an In suite reception and had to tackle all these as well

You put me on point.  Thank you!

• Options
    Awesome! You seem to have all of it together. I would suggest with the IPod to make sure to test it out the Day before the reception. I think I read one knottie having issues with the sound system and her iPod in a mandalay suite. If your not doing a bartender, I would suggest just sticking with beer, wine, and maybe like a sangria that your coordinator could throw together. Mandalay shouldn't be an issue bringing booze to the suite but aria might. So you might wanna hit Costco the Day before and bring it to the suite in a suitcase. I would also find a drink calculator online so you can figure # of drinks per # of guests # per hours of reception. That way you know how trips it'll take to get everything up to the suite. Or see if your coordinator could do that. My mother is coordinating mine. She is a vegas local and coordinates for a lot of friends and family which is a huge help since I'm in Boston. So I can't recommend anyone professionally but I have seen some recent threads for some. Vegasgroom might have some recommendations on his site as well. I wish you luck! In suite is the way to go, I believe. Do get a day of coordinator though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Oooh one more thing. With an in suite reception, I learned to keep your mind from spinning, try and plot out a day before and day of timeline. As far as when you'll be picking up what or who will be doing what at what time and where, especially if ceremony and reception are two different places. What time you can check into your suite the Day before and start getting items like booze and will that run into any before night activities you will be planning since check in for suites can run later. Etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Awesome! You seem to have all of it together. I would suggest with the IPod to make sure to test it out the Day before the reception. I think I read one knottie having issues with the sound system and her iPod in a mandalay suite. If your not doing a bartender, I would suggest just sticking with beer, wine, and maybe like a sangria that your coordinator could throw together. Mandalay shouldn't be an issue bringing booze to the suite but aria might. So you might wanna hit Costco the Day before and bring it to the suite in a suitcase. I would also find a drink calculator online so you can figure # of drinks per # of guests # per hours of reception. That way you know how trips it'll take to get everything up to the suite. Or see if your coordinator could do that. My mother is coordinating mine. She is a vegas local and coordinates for a lot of friends and family which is a huge help since I'm in Boston. So I can't recommend anyone professionally but I have seen some recent threads for some. Vegasgroom might have some recommendations on his site as well. I wish you luck! In suite is the way to go, I believe. Do get a day of coordinator though!

It's increasingly looking like it will be MB for ceremony and reception. If that's the case, I will adjust the timing. However, in Vegas, I don't think many of our guests will choose to head to the suite while we take photos. That will be a short session since it comes with the package. And yes, they use Cashman. But if a get a DC, that will be the plan. I think I just convinced myself. I have an aunt who lives on Vegas, but trust me, she doesn't do stuff like that. Heck, she hasn't even said congrats! I have a music system that I can bring as well. I was thinking of doing it anyway. We ans some of our guests are driving in, so we have cars and the capability to go out if needed. I will start my timeline planning. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Happy planning, Ndelible!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    See if you have a concierge for the suite.  With Aria sky suites, we were assigned a concierge, so we are using him to the fullest extent.  We are ordering some food and hosting a party the night before, so we will have the concierge do all the work to get that food ordered since we are getting it from an Aria restaurant.  We are also having him do little things here and there like arrange our transportation to go get our marriage license.
  • Options
    Faith at Faithfully Yours and Culinary Pros represent the best value options for DOC. Faith between 500-700, hourly quotes for Culinary Pros. Scheme does DOC too but it'll set you back 2000
  • Options
    Faith at Faithfully Yours and Culinary Pros represent the best value options for DOC. Faith between 500-700, hourly quotes for Culinary Pros. Scheme does DOC too but it'll set you back 2000

OMG, I just know that everyone will flip a crazy if they know I'm dropping more than $400 for a day of work. I'm going to have do some serious time lining to figure it out. Thanks.
  • Options
    I think you can get Culinary Pros for a lost less than that....it's worth it to have someone else's attention devoted to those things. You should sit back, get pampered and enjoy the company of your peeps
  • Options
    I think you can get Culinary Pros for a lost less than that....it's worth it to have someone else's attention devoted to those things. You should sit back, get pampered and enjoy the company of your peeps
    I agree.  I didn't see the option on their website.  Might it be under something specific?  
  • Options
    I think I emailed them to get the quote after someone on here told me they did doc
  • Options
    I think I emailed them to get the quote after someone on here told me they did doc
    Okay, I'll do that as well.  Not having one will bring a lot of work.  And there's already a lot of work.  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards