Oregon
Options

impressed... and conflicted

Hello everyone.We made our trip up the Resort at the Mtn on Saturday and absolutely loved it.  It has been renovated in the last year (and new spa just opened) and it is absolutely beautiful and in tone with the natural surroundings.  We are going to book it for our reception only next July.  Since we will be having the ceremony at a nearby park (for nearly free) we will be saving a substantial amount of money.  AND there is another wedding going on that Saturday that is taking up all outdoor ceremony space, so they were prepared to offer a mid-week price on our Saturday ballroom rental.  Luckily for us, we did not want to have our ceremony there, anyway, but will still benefit from the reduce price because of the reduced options!At any rate, I am still having a hard time swallowing the price.  We started our wedding quest thinking we would do it cheaply and alternatively (and we are still doing that with ceremony site), but I have decided I just don't have the stamina for the do it yourself reception.  We are going to pay 6k for the beautiful ballroom and (very good buffet) of food and beer/wine for 75 people, but part of me is still struggling with the amount of money that will be gone in a matter of hours. . . words of encouragement?  We really do love the site. . and I would highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in the area (Welches, OR).Thank you!

Re: impressed... and conflicted

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you are so happy with your venue! I'm sure that's a huge relief. The reception and food are nearly always the biggest expense, and there are lots of ways to cut your costs on the other items. It's always hard dropping a large amount of money on anything. As long as you know that you are planning based on what you can realistically afford, then all will be fine. It may make the expense a little easier to swallow if you think of it in terms of being the best party you will ever throw for all the people in your life that you love, rather than something that's just for the two of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards