Chit Chat

NWR: Self-care in stressful times

2»

Re: NWR: Self-care in stressful times

• Ironically, DH just called and said he got some unexpected money in the mail from a stock option he had a million years ago. I immediately started crying!!! Some cries are good ones and this was one of them. 

• It really depends. Most of the time I like to complain to V. That helps with my stress levels. I also tend to cry when I'm stressed but that doesn't help. It makes my eyes hurt. I usually try to make myself feel better by working and being productive. It makes me feel better. I also really enjoy these forums and listening to music.
  • I bake a lot when I'm down. Like a different thing every day.  
    And reading. It's a fine combination. 
  • I watch Seinfeld. No, seriously.

@steph11814 Have you seen Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Only a couple of times. I have no idea why I haven't watched all of them.

You must.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I go to yoga, play the piano, eat a treat or drink a rum and coke. I've been super super busy with work so I haven't been able to make it to my yoga studio, been too late getting home to play the piano (yay condo noise rules) so I've been eating a bowl of homemade cookies and cream ice cream every night.

Anniversary
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    I just got ridiculously stressed grocery shopping.  (Yay!  I can drive again!)  Stupid me.

Here is my cure:  http://www.calderaspas.com/shop/paradise/salina

We've had it for a week, and it is heaven on my old body!  I especially like the special foot "euphoria" jet.  DH loves it!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Right now I'm really at my limit.

This backyard reno for the wedding has taken far too long and is so far over budget it's not even funny.

FI and I had a huge fight last night (aka he's pissed off at me and can't find the words to express why)

I still have pneumonia to contend with

I want to kill my children. And my dog. He ate my birth certificate yesterday...you know, the one I need for the marriage license? Yeah, that one.

And the wedding is two weeks today.

So, how am I dealing with stress right now? Building the freaking fence in the backyard. I get to work on the backyard, save money by doing it myself, and use a nail gun.

This was the end of yesterday.
  • LDay2014 said:
    Right now I'm really at my limit. This backyard reno for the wedding has taken far too long and is so far over budget it's not even funny. FI and I had a huge fight last night (aka he's pissed off at me and can't find the words to express why) I still have pneumonia to contend with I want to kill my children. And my dog. He ate my birth certificate yesterday...you know, the one I need for the marriage license? Yeah, that one. And the wedding is two weeks today. So, how am I dealing with stress right now? Building the freaking fence in the backyard. I get to work on the backyard, save money by doing it myself, and use a nail gun. This was the end of yesterday.
    Aw, I'm sorry you're dealing with all that :(  My dog ate my passport...it's like do you know how to find the most important thing in the house??!  Although, I didn't need it right away, so not as bad as your situation.  Your FI is probably feeling stressed too, so hopefully his pissy attitude will blow over.

On the plus side, your backyard looks great!  I mean, I can see you're still working on it, but the grass and stone and fence look nice! :)

You must.
    Also Curb Your Ethusiam!

You must.

Also Curb Your Ethusiam!

I've seen the later seasons.

• I read or watch mindless movies, mostly comedies, when I'm a little stressed. Listen to music when moderately stressed. I do some sort of physical actively when I'm super stressed or ragey. If H is part of the stress I take a dance class or something. If he isn't part of the stress then I turn to sex. Sex is a good stress reducer.
  • @CMGragain now I want to sit in a hot tub and soak. It's a perfect night here; it's cool and calm.

I usually just cry. Doesn't matter if I *should* or not; I get stressed and my materworks kick in, which makes me even more upset. 

"Self-care" though... nope. Too many other people to care about. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards