Snarky Brides

BM snark about brothers FI

2»

Re: BM snark about brothers FI

• I agree that the whole situation is annoying; but if you decide that you want to to stay in the wedding and want to suck it up for your brother and the potential relationship with your new SIL, I will say this...

Nordstroms has the best return policy known to man.  That dress can sit in your closet for months and still be returned.  I took something back there.  No tag, and told them I was pretty sure I had gotten from Nordstrom's (it was easily a year old).  No problem they took it.

Also, they have free shipping.

So of the places to buy the dress, at least you know that you can get multiple sizes, try them on and figure out what works best.
  • beethery said:

Pretend this is you and zoom the fuck out of that bridal party. It's only been a few weeks since they got engaged and it's already a damn mess. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR.
    @beethery you made me *almost* pee my pants I was laughing so hard.  I mean, literally. . . I have been drinking tea all day, for the past week, in an attempt to get rid of a cold and I am always teetering on the edge of yet another trip to the bathroom, sooooooooooooooo. . . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Yeah.... no.  That's not how this works.  I foresee many bumps down the road if this is how her relationship with the BMs is already starting off.  Didn't even ask your budget?  She hasn't picked a venue, date, or her OWN dress yet?  So much nope.

If you can do it gracefully, you might be wise to bow out of the wedding now.  Say it's the distance, or whatever.  Not necessarily because of the dress, but if she's going to be this pushy so early, things will only get worse.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Be careful with this one. 

I was in a bridal party once and this is how it started. I eventually had to step down because, out of nowhere, darling Bride decided her bridal shower would be in a state 16 hours worth of driving away and told me I had to be there because she was the bride and as a bridesmaid, I had to be there for her. When we got there, I was told there would be a second shower in our own state that I had to be at, even though it was literally impossible for me to get off of work more days for the job I'd been working. 

I really suggest coming right out and telling her how you feel. Not being harsh with her of course, but being straight forward, because you really need to make sure this is something you want to get involved with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards