Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Scouting Trip MB and Paris

I thought I would share info from my scouting trip! Thanks to all the info on here I had to check out Mandalay Bay because I want a fun, informal in suite reception. The coordinator I originally emailed is no longer there, but the one that met us was super nice. We first went to the two indoor chapels, then Valley of the Falls. Pretty location and I originally thought that's where I wanted to have the ceremony. Pricey relocation fee but very pretty. Then at 2 pm we went to the concierge to go on a suite tour (they do it every day at 2). Vista: awesome! The view is killer. There are only 6. Media: awesome too but not as good of a layout and only a 2 seater bar top. Hospitality: oh em gee! It's beautiful and huge and has its own ice machine! Only a view of the pool though. For the number of guests we have 40 Max, we went with hospitality. For the night after taxes and fees it was $840. I know we will have to get catering through there, food and bev will be about $3500 including open bar for 4 hours. If the number drops then we can cancel up to 48 hours before and just go smaller scale in the vista. It's running about $500 right now in April when you go through smarter vegas. Now Paris! I came across because they have a packaged deal with a huge 2200 sq foot suite for 2 nights for $6600 including ceremony. However the suite is at ballys, under construction, and since we couldn't see it I wasn't booking it. The Chapel du Paradis is stunning, and the packages are so super reasonable. We are having a ceremony with upgraded flowers, music, photography, etc for 1700. Hope this has helped!

Re: Scouting Trip MB and Paris

• Options
    @AndreaZubia85 Thanks for the update.  I have a question about MB.  You state that you have to use their catering. There have been  plenty of knotties that have used Masterpiece catering.  Is that not allowed anymore?
  • Options
    You can totally use them for anything but the Hospitality suite. That room doesn't have a bed and they send you info when you book that only their people can cater food and beverage. The Vista Suite is gorgeous and from what I've read on here you can totally use Masterpiece because it is technically you're hotel room and you can do whatever you want :)
  • Options
    I thought I would share info from my scouting trip! Thanks to all the info on here I had to check out Mandalay Bay because I want a fun, informal in suite reception. The coordinator I originally emailed is no longer there, but the one that met us was super nice. We first went to the two indoor chapels, then Valley of the Falls. Pretty location and I originally thought that's where I wanted to have the ceremony. Pricey relocation fee but very pretty. Then at 2 pm we went to the concierge to go on a suite tour (they do it every day at 2). Vista: awesome! The view is killer. There are only 6. Media: awesome too but not as good of a layout and only a 2 seater bar top. Hospitality: oh em gee! It's beautiful and huge and has its own ice machine! Only a view of the pool though. For the number of guests we have 40 Max, we went with hospitality. For the night after taxes and fees it was $840. I know we will have to get catering through there, food and bev will be about $3500 including open bar for 4 hours. If the number drops then we can cancel up to 48 hours before and just go smaller scale in the vista. It's running about $500 right now in April when you go through smarter vegas. Now Paris! I came across because they have a packaged deal with a huge 2200 sq foot suite for 2 nights for $6600 including ceremony. However the suite is at ballys, under construction, and since we couldn't see it I wasn't booking it. The Chapel du Paradis is stunning, and the packages are so super reasonable. We are having a ceremony with upgraded flowers, music, photography, etc for 1700. Hope this has helped!

So is the only reason you're not going with MB was price?  Or did you not like MB's chapel.  They have an inclusive chapel package with two nights in either the Vista or Media w/catering in-suite for $7,500.  Curious to know your thoughts on MB, since I recently passed on it myself.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    I got more bang for my buck with Paris. I didn't want to have two different places, but I can deal with transportation later. The chapel at Paris is so nice and I can add a lot of stuff lime bouquets for all my girls, corsages for the moms, flowers for the guys, piano player, etc for 1700 when to have all that at MB VoFalls was at least 1500 more. And the Chapel is included in all the packages and the Chapels at MB were a lil plain.
  • Options
    Also we can have a sit down dinner in the hospitality suite because they will bring in extra tables and in the Vista suite it almost has to be apps only. The one thing my guy is asking for in this whole thing is prime rib so I'm trying to deliver :)
  • Options
    I got more bang for my buck with Paris. I didn't want to have two different places, but I can deal with transportation later. The chapel at Paris is so nice and I can add a lot of stuff lime bouquets for all my girls, corsages for the moms, flowers for the guys, piano player, etc for 1700 when to have all that at MB VoFalls was at least 1500 more. And the Chapel is included in all the packages and the Chapels at MB were a lil plain.
    I hear ya, the price points are far apart.  So the new suite at Bally's will have tables?  That's good to know.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    I don't know about Ballys suite. It looked pretty cool but only in pics so I couldn't book without seeing it. My ceremony is at Paris and the in suite will be at the Hospitality at Mandalay Bay :)
  • Options
    At the Hospitality at MB they can bring in tables and set it up how you want.
  • Options
    You might want to reserve the Vista suite now, just in case you don't need the larger suite.  You can always cancel later but if there are only 4 of them you might want to reserve one now.
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • Options
    On the MB tours, do I need to make a reservation or do I simply show up before 2?  
  • Options

I reserved the Media Suite at Mandalay Bay about 8 months ago, but originally wanted the Hospitality Suite. They told me it wasn't available and already booked?

I'm beginning to think I was lied to.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Just show up for the tour. We just jumped in right before they started.
  • Options
    It did take a little bit of an effort to get in touch with someone to book the hospitality. I finally had to call Mlife VIP services and they got us to the right people. It was booked for the original day I wanted so I ended up having to book it for the day before. I am going to book the vista online and I just have to put a deposit down and can always get it back. We had to pay upfront for the hospitality.
  • Options

I had to pay upfront for the Media Suite as well, and it was almost $1,000 for a Saturday night... I wonder if I can call them and see if I can get the Hospitality Suite now, and if they say it's open, let them know I'm already booked in a Media Suite and ask how they can upgrade me...

*thinking*

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Team1@mandalaybay.com was how we got in touch with Maria Gomez from the convention team services and she booked the room for us. She was super fast, you should email her!
  • Options

@AndreaZubia85 Thank you! I'll email her right now!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards