Not Engaged Yet

Monday chatter

Morning! How was your weekend? 

On Friday, I got my hair cut  and then went into the city to my BFF's apartment. I helped her get things ready for the race on Saturday and we drank wine. 

Saturday was the 5k. I didn't participate in the actual race because of my ankle but I did raise a ton of money for the cause (colon cancer) so I felt ok about it :) 

We went to brunch and then did a bar crawl the rest of the day. When I got home later, H and I met some friends at a bar near our apartment. 

Yesterday, I really just wanted to stay home but since the Eagles game wasn't on TV, I dragged myself out of bed and to the Eagles bar I go to. I AM SO GLAD I DID. What a freakin game. I would have been so mad at myself if I missed it! Yay for my 3-0 team!!!!!

And now, it's Monday. Sigh.

Re: Monday chatter

• This weekend:
    Saturday we went and had FI's eyes checked from Lasik - he's doing great.  I had my 2nd dress fitting and went to lunch with MOH.  When I got home, we chilled and then went out to the mall to try and find a few things (shirts/ties).  We found a couple ties but no shirts.  Every single white dress shirt in FI's size had something wrong with it. 

Sunday FI went to his house to watch the Brown's lose.  I stayed back to clean.  I got some stuff done, but my brother called and I talked to him for a long time (about the wedding, and the Disney trip and our parents mostly).  Then I met up with FI and we ran to a different mall looking for shirts - again no shirts in his size that weren't messed up, but we did find that the brand he likes makes an 'almond' shirt that perfectly matches my dress (I took a piece of my dress from my fitting to make sure a crisp white shirt wouldn't make my dress look 'dirty').  They did not have his size though, but Amazon did (and was priced better) so not a complete waste of a trip.  We then went to Lowe's because I needed to have some keys made.

That's about it.  I work the late shift today which stinks, but it is what it is.

Anniversary
  • @Swazzle - pics of your new haircut?

@southernpeach89 - your trip looks SO FUN!!!!  you leave on Friday?

my weekend was pretty good, except for yesterday I found a lump on Bella.  H is taking her to the vet first thing this morning and I'm really hoping it's nothing.  she's only 6, and in really good health.  T&P that she's just fine??

oh, and Saturday evening I took a short run and ended up with a mosquito bite on my lower eyelid.  it's swollen today, and it looks pretty bad.  hope my glasses cover it up enough.

I went to Sephora and got some grown-up stuff for my skin (no one could believe I am close to my 30's because I look like I'm in my teens).  I got my favorite Boscia products and left with some samples of a Vitamin C serum and a chemical-free exfoliator.  so far I like both, but it's only been a couple days.  since I don't really wear make-up, I want to keep my skin looking fresh!

we celebrated H's birthday this weekend (although today is his actual birthday).  he's supposed to take the leftover carrot cake to work so I don't snack on it.  it was SO yummy, but full of sugar and oil and all kinds of no-nutritional-value ingredients.  get that outta my fridge.

today I start JM 30DS L3, so that should be exciting.
  • @CocoBellaF- We leave October 3rd next weekend. I always confuse myself when I say next weekend but I guess it would be the following weekend from this week lol. 
  • edited September 2014
    I had a great weekend! We drove out to Long Island Saturday morning. FI went to the mall to go find a new shirt to wear for our E-pics (yes, 3 hours before we were supposed to take them, just to drive me crazy), I did my hair at my mom's house, then my little sister drove me to Sephora to get my makeup done. 

The woman took FOREVER to do my makeup, and I totally hated it at first. It was way too dark/heavy and I had to ask her to remove a lot of the eye makeup. I was not at all happy when we left, and I was wishing I just did it myself. We went to my sister's college dorm, where I quickly got dressed and fixed the makeup a little bit, and then we drove over to the horse farm to meet FI and the photographer. 

I think the photo shoot went really well! Our photographer did a great job at making us feel comfortable, and she really took her time and we used the whole property. My one concern is that we didn't take enough pictures in our casual outfits, but I guess as long as we get a few good ones, that's all that matters. I quickly got uncomfortable in my heels, so I took them off and spent at least half the time barefoot - which is a LOT more natural for me than wearing heels, and I think it will make for some really cute pictures. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a couple of preview pictures today!

After that, we had pizza at my mom's house, then that night we met up with my best friend, her BF, and my little sister and her BF at a cool local bar. We stayed out until about 2am. Unfortunately, my wonderful FI tried to keep up with my best friend's (much larger) boyfriend as far as drinking - and he THREW UP in my car on the drive back to my house. In over 3.5 years together, this is only the 2nd time he's vomited. I wanted to kill him. He spent an hour cleaning it up Sunday morning, and I think it's okay now,

Sunday we drove back to our apartment, and spent the day napping on the couch and watching football.

Now I'm trying to focus on work, which is tough because in only THREE DAYS I'll be going to @Swazzle 's house for our pre-NOLA sleepover!

ETA: Another highlight of the weekend - Saturday morning I got a voicemail saying that MY WEDDING DRESS IS IN!!! I need to call the store this morning to schedule a "try-on appointment", which I'm going to try to make for the weekend of the 3rd.

ETA #2: My little sister just sent me two photos that she took during our E-photo session!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @southernpeach89 - I wish you were going to be there THIS weekend instead but I'm so excited for your trip! Your wreath looks great!

@CocoBellaF - I'm not happy with it :( I told her that I was liking the length but wanted to get rid of the mullet forming in the back and just freshen it up and she cut the front SO short :(

@TwoDimes - It was a CRAZY game. Foles is probably hurting today, he took quite a few hits including a cheap shot by some scumbag. Grrrrr. I am SOOOOO excited about your house!!!!!!! It's exciting to go through the process with other people too :)

@hummingbird125 - I can't WAIT to see pictures from your e-shoot! And I can't WAIT to see your face in just a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited September 2014

Good moooooorning!

@Swazzle - Did you change your hair, or just trim time?

@Dignity100 - Glad you guys found a shirt that your FI likes :)

@southernpeach89 - YAY birthday trip! That'll be so fun!

@CocoBellaF - I hope your pup is okay :(

@TwoDimes - Congrats!!! That is awesome!

@Hummingbird125 - I'm sure your pics look great, I hope you get a few today...waiting is the worst!

My weekend was fairly relaxing, which was good because I'm STILL getting over being sick.

Friday night FI and I went to dinner and a movie. We tried the fancy pants new theatre that's sort of halfway between our places. It's 19+ and has the comfy reclining seats and in-seat service and adult beverages and all that jazz. It was really nice, but also about twice as expensive as a regular movie...so not an every weekend thing for sure!

Saturday FI went golfing and I made tomato sauce with his mom and sister. Very long day, but the sauce is delicious so totally worth it. Saturday night we were lazy and re-watched a bunch of last season Big Bang Theory.

Sunday was church, finished all of our STD envelope liners, nap time, and back to church.

This week is shaping up to be a bit crazy...work is the usual drowning in emails, but then tonight we have his mom's birthday dinner, leafs pre-season game tomorrow, I have a staff potluck Thursday night (so baking for that on Wednesday), and then Friday night we're taking my parents out for their anniversary. So busy, but on the plus side I don't have to work about cooking this week?

Edited because I SWEAR I know how to spell. Monday is hard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @cocobellaf, thoughts for Bella.

Long weekend. I posted another thread about it, but FI's grandmother is not doing terribly well right now for no apparent medical reason. She had surgery last week and should have woken up by now, but hasn't, and they haven't figured out why she had the seizure things she had in the first place when she was first coming off anesthesia.

Though the football games were fun yesterday. I was the only one in my football pool who took the Giants over the Texans, and the Broncos-Seahawks game was just fun to watch.
  • @southernpeach89 your trip sounds like so much fun.

My weekend started out great, went to see the show I co-produced, worked concessions, it was a good show.  Saturday we went furniture shopping again, this time we bought stuff.  Our server for the dining room will arrive Saturday.  We also ordered a couch, it's pretty cool it's a modular sectional so all of the pieces of the sectional can move around and we can change the shape of the couch.  I'm not too thrilled with the color, but it was the only color they had that matched with the room and paint and it will take 16 weeks to arrive :-( but we are in no rush, it's for the entertainment room and it gives us more time to find a good TV,

Yesterday we ran some errands and watched TV, then at night the rest of the weekend went downhill.  I'm on two hours of sleep or so and I don't even know how I'm functioning both sleep wise and emotionally.  I just want to cry....

Anniversary

• @hummingbird125 Ugh, bummer about the make-up experience. It probably looks totally fabulous in your photos, but it's just not a good feeling when you feel like there's too much make-up. I was a little irritated when I went because the guy lined my lower lashline (which tends to look really wonky on me), and because he put a ton of product in my brows. I already have pretty substantial brows, so they looked a little fake when he was done with them. I managed to get most of the lower liner off before our photos, though.

@southernpeach89 Happy birthday!

@cocobellaF Happy birthday to your H! I hope Bella is okay.

Today's my birthday, and I am in THE WORST MOOD. I've finally absolutely fucking had it with J putting off wedding stuff and making it sound like a huge inconvenience when he's the one who wanted a wedding in the first place. Yesterday, we had a ton of downtime before going to my aunt's house for birthday stuff (yesterday was my grandmother's birthday), and so I asked if we could do music stuff, and he said no because he wasn't in the mood. Again. For the millionth time.

And like ... I wouldn't care so much, except he nixes every music idea I come up with, and then he insists that picking music is an activity we have to do 100% together. As in, he doesn't even want to make a list of songs on his own. So I pretty much was DONE.

He'd said that we'd do it when we got back from my aunt's, but once we got home, he never brought it up. He brought up other stuff he wanted to do, like watch Doctor Who, but nope, no music stuff. So by the time we were going to bed, I was pretty angry and he knew it. When I came to bed later that night, he wanted to talk about it, and he was upset that he'd upset me on my birthday, and it honestly was so irritating that I ended up sleeping on the couch.

This morning, he's been apologizing profusely, which has been helpful, since he's making a sincere effort to see where I'm coming from, and he's making concrete suggestions for how he's going to handle wedding stuff going forward, but I'm suspicious that he's only being this proactive and apologetic because it's my birthday and he feels guilty. We'll talk about it in therapy tomorrow, but in the meantime, I'm hoping we can cancel our dance lesson tonight because ahahaha no, not in the mood for that.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • aw, happy birthday @phira!!!  I hope your day turns around and you get into a good birthday mood!
  • @GoldenPenguin - Congrats on getting the house! That's so exciting! And I can't wait to see your engagement pictures when you get them back!

My weekend was unexciting. BF and I were going to go camping but we were both exhausted on Friday and decided just to skip it. It rained anyway so it was probably for the best. We were pretty lazy all weekend and didn't do much of anything which is fine with me because I was sore all weekend after my first session with my personal trainer. I'm meeting with her again today and I'm hoping I won't be as sore tomorrow!

This week is going to drag by for me because I'm really excited for next weekend! It's mine and BF's 6 year anniversary and we are going to drive up to this cute little town in the mountains. I'm really looking forward to it :)

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    southernpeach89 that is an awesome birthday present! I see what he couldn't wait to give it to you! 

CocoBellaF fingers crossed that Bella is ok.  A lot of my dogs had lumps that meant nothing. 

Hummingbird125 that sucks that the girl screwed up your makeup, but the pictures your sister took look awesome, so I'm sure the real ones will look amazing!

TwoDimes I like the idea of following each other on Pinterest.  My for the house board is a mix of repairs plus decorating ideas. 

Peaseblossom55 wow 16 weeks for furniture?! At least you're not in a rush to have it. 

KeptInStitches sending positive thoughts for your FI's grandmother

This weekend was nice. Dropped my sister and her husband off for their honeymoon, then went to Trader Joe's with my mom.  First time ever shopping there, and definitely looking into finding ones closer to home.  I got an awesome pumpkin called a fairytale pumpkin, it's blue.  I've lived in farmland most of my life, and never seen anything like it.  There was another kind that had a kind of bark/growth on it, bf said it looked like it had genital worts, so didn't get that one.  Here's what they look like:  image

I put the blue pumpkin on the back porch to the new house. Yay for first decoration. I can't wait to be able to fully decorate.

Bf and I then had date night.  We made a bon fire of all the burnable junk from the house and drank boozy hot chocolate. 

• edited September 2014

@cocobellaF yay glad there are no cancer cells!

@GoldenPenguin congrats!

Anniversary

• @Phira - Happy Birthday!  Sorry you're having a rough day though.  Maybe you and your FI could set aside 1 day to do wedding stuff a week together and another day to do nothing wedding related.

Anniversary
  • TwoDimes said:
    @GoldenPeguin, YAY for being home-buying twins! I'm so happy for you, and I'm so excited for us both :) I have also been pinning all the things in anticipation of the house. I want to follow everyone on Pinterest for home-decor inspiration!! But I don't know anyone's real names... 
    I'll PM you :)

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin - YAY house! Congrats!! And I'm sure your e-pics will look great :)

@phira - Happy birthday!! I'm sorry your day isn't starting off so well, I hope it turns around.

@CocoBellaF - That's a relief, I'm glad she's okay :)

@speakeasy14 - I saw the same pumpkins in my grocery store last night and thought they were the ugliest thing! To be fair, I said that it looked like they were covered in peanuts...which I'm allergic to...so I might be a bit biased.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @TwoDimes & @GoldenPenguin - OMG YAY FOR HOUSES!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

@southernpeach89 - How awesome is your H?! It's a bummer you won't be in NOLA with the other ladies, but what a really cool trip. 

@kaitlynmichelle - I seriously cannot get over how amazing your location is. You have the most beautiful scenery! I'll send all the sunshine I can muster your way. YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!!

@phira - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

------------------------------------

We had a pretty good weekend. Friday H had a business meeting after work to seal the deal on a freelance gig for us, which is SUPER huge. It's an extra $3k in our pockets after expenses, so we're really excited about that.

Saturday it was rainy, but the girls still had soccer. Little O won 4-3 and she was SO excited that everyone was there to watch her! And while we were getting rained on at that game, we got a message that our oldest's game had been cancelled! Which is awesome because it was an away game and saved our entire afternoon. We ended up going to lunch and showing a bunch of houses to these buyers I'm working with, and spent the rest of the night in watching college football. 

Sunday we had church, and we were announced to the congregation as new members which is really cool. The pastor talked about how much we did for the church, and how he married us the weekend before. It was really nice. Oddly enough, my XH was there because apparently my girls have convinced him to go to church? So awesome for that!

We had a family birthday party afterward, and there's some family drama going on that's just SO exhausting. I can't even stand it.

Oh, and we might be getting divorced (jk) after tonight… The Jets play the Bears (I'm a Jets fan, H is a Bears fan). This is the first time they've played each other since we've been together. Tonight will be a test for sure. It's a lose-lose situation for all involved lol 

• Thanks, everyone! J made a huge spreadsheet with all the rest of the wedding stuff, and which things he's going to do. That helped a lot. He also wants to take an hour every night to do wedding stuff, and he said that the way it'll work is that if I'm not in the mood, then we don't have to, but otherwise, he'll always be up for it. That helped a lot, too.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • lol thanks for that @TwoDimes! My XH was a Dolphins fan, so it was definitely more painful being division rivalries. At least the Bears and Jets only meet up once every 4 years in regular season. So here's to hoping it's uneventful! (for the record, I'm sure it will be just fine. We won't really be miserable at each other)

• @allusive007 - She does look so happy! Was that before or after you shared the news? If that was before, then I can't imagine what she looked like after! 

• @Ollie08 - It was before! I don't think she slept that night after we told her about a grandbaby on the way! It's fun that both of our moms are so excited.  :-)
  • @Allusive007 - That is so cute that your MIL is so excited for you guys!

@kaitlynmichelle - Here's a sun dance gif for you! Your wedding location is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

• FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    @goldenpenguin @twodimes and anyone else I missed- Congrats on the houses guys! That's so exciting! It seems like everyone is in house buying mode!

@southernpeach89 - Oh my gosh! A trip to New Orleans is so exciting!

@cocobellaf - I'm glad your puppy is ok!

@kaitlynmichelle - I will say this again, I am so jealous of your wedding location. You MUST AW a ton of pictures because it's freaking gorgeous.

_____

My weekend was ok. It was very busy. I spent most of it studying, with a quick jaunt to the local sex toy place on Friday night because my roommate had never been and I had to remedy that. BF and I bought a fun new toy while we were there that's amazing.

My Monday has been seriously awful. I spent all day yesterday studying for a test I had today in accounting only to get to my 8 am class and find out I had a test in there too. So I only had about 5 minutes to study for that test and I probably did horribly. My accounting test was pretty easy, but then I found out that my senior thesis topic was due tomorrow (written out with a presentation on what it is, what I've found so far, and what I'm going to address) and I haven't done much of anything for it yet because I thought it was due Thursday. So commence freak out there.

Not only that, but then on my way to lunch my phone just died. Not out of battery died, but just froze and then went black. So now I have to go deal with that.

I also am about to go BSC because of BF and his mother (for 2 totally different reasons), but I'll save that for another post because it could be a thread in itself.

• geez, @FoxandBunny, I hope you can catch a break!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards