November 2014 Weddings

One more weekend gone..

I think I have seven weekends til our wedding.  AAAHH.  This is craziness. 

Did you guys get any wedding stuff done over the weekend?  I'm making our centerpieces, so I worked on those.  I know what people mean now when they say that DIY gets old.  Luckily I'm only doing centerpieces and that's about it.

Re: One more weekend gone..

• Since our wedding is only 5 guests i don't have to worry about a lot. All that's left is getting the rest of the money together for dinner. This weekend I had my first fitting and finished getting the attire for my son and FI and we got the box for the ceremony. We're almost done :)
  • Jealous!  I'm definitely over tying lace onto things.  LOL
  • I bought stuff for favors and stuff to box up left over cupcakes.

Tomorrow I am getting the marriage license.  I AM FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT.  The ONE thing that will not make this a PPD!!  I just need it to go well, even though I have everything, I checked the requirements a dozen times, I filed the application...nothing can go wrong, but I have nightmares of it all falling apart :(  My mother says I am over thinking this soooo much.  I just want it to go so well, guys!!  

Next weekend is finalizing the cake.  That will be fun :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• FI and I spent WAY TOO MANY GOD DAMN HOURS making apple butter.

We have 72 jars of it now; they are going to be used as favors along with caramels.  But I'm pretty jazzed that THAT is done.

I had my second fitting today, which went really well!  (Much better than the first)

We meant to do more wedding stuff, but the fitting was quite a drive, and the apple butter took up A LOT of time.

FI and I were talking in the car about the fact that the wedding is getting so close!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I loooooooove apple butter!  I make mine in the crock pot (but I'd have to use a few crock pots to get enough for 72 favors).  Great favor idea!

We picked up my wedding ring (!) and I added the buttons to the back of my dress. I have 53 days to go and my DIY projects are all almost done which is good news because I am definitely running out of steam.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CTYankeeBride- We started some in the crock pot, but ended up doing the rest on the stove top just to get it done faster.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh so I should probably start thinking about the marriage license.  I'm in AZ, the site is less than helpful.  It's like, "Bring a passport and come to this address" and that's about it.  Now I'm stressed about applications!
  • emanon321emanon321 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    jaime232 said:
    Ugh so I should probably start thinking about the marriage license.  I'm in AZ, the site is less than helpful.  It's like, "Bring a passport and come to this address" and that's about it.  Now I'm stressed about applications!
    @jaime232 Actually, AZ is like one of the easiest places to get a license. You don't even need a passport. You bring your driver's license to one of the many locations in the valley. You sign in, the two of you fill out a form; name, address, etc. You get called up to a desk. You sign a paper saying you aren't related or the same sex. Pay them about $100. And they give you a license. You can then get married the same day and it's good for a year. 

So, no need to worry! ^_^
  • Nice!!  That's what I like to hear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards