Snarky Brides

On a scale of "Fuck this" to "Bridezilla"

How much should I give a shit about flowers and linens?

I'm so bad at this stuff.  I want fluffy round centerpieces, with ivory and light pink, and I want some kind of sea foam and gold accessories worked in on the tables.  Then I found out that our tables are HUGE, 90", and the sheer aqua overlays are going to be too small, and I can't find that color in a big enough overlay.  Now I don't know how we're going to work in that light blue color for the decor.  Should we get napkins?  Should we use some blue flowers?  But I can't find the RIGHT blue.  Because the wrong blue will just look like baby blue and baby pink together and that would be a NIGHTMARE.

I texted Fi at work about all of this and he said, "I can't wait for how you'll be when you're pregnant."  

a;lskdjfa;kjgasd;fkjasd;fj
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: On a scale of "Fuck this" to "Bridezilla"

• Can you make the overlay's yourself..... Just find that color in a sheer fabric and then cut and hem it yourself. 

Also if you're having chair covers, you might be able to find chair sashes in that color blue. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Blue napkins?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    Blue napkins?
    @beethery do you mean you think blue napkins are weird?  Or that sounds like the easiest solution?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• beethery said:
    Blue napkins?
    @beethery do you mean you think blue napkins are weird?  Or that sounds like the easiest solution?
    Meant it as a suggestion :D
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    beethery said:
    Blue napkins?
    Meant it as a suggestion :D
    Ha, thanks!  Yes I think this might just be the easier thing to do.  Less to worry about with the size of the table and stuff.

I just never thought I'd be that person who worries about a shade of blue for table linens, you know?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ha, thanks!  Yes I think this might just be the easier thing to do.  Less to worry about with the size of the table and stuff.

I just never thought I'd be that person who worries about a shade of blue for table linens, you know?
    Y'know, if it's a concern for you, that speaks well of how taken-care-of the rest of it is/is going to be! Plus, weddings bring out the crazy in all of us.

You could do the long fold style where it hangs off the edge of the table so you get lots of the blue exposure.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    Ha, thanks!  Yes I think this might just be the easier thing to do.  Less to worry about with the size of the table and stuff.

Y'know, if it's a concern for you, that speaks well of how taken-care-of the rest of it is/is going to be! Plus, weddings bring out the crazy in all of us.

You could do the long fold style where it hangs off the edge of the table so you get lots of the blue exposure.

Hmmmm I just Googled that.  Pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @jcbride2015, think of the weddings you have attended in the past 5 years. Do you remember those details about those weddings? (That was my IDGAF litmus test while wedding planning).
  • JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    @jcbride2015, think of the weddings you have attended in the past 5 years. Do you remember those details about those weddings? (That was my IDGAF litmus test while wedding planning).
    I actually remember thinking when tables looked unfinished, ex. no flowers or all white.  But I am a snarky bitch and I remember those things.  I'm pretty sure as long as we have something it will be fine.  Ivory and blush flowers can't come out that badly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @jcbride2015, think of the weddings you have attended in the past 5 years. Do you remember those details about those weddings? (That was my IDGAF litmus test while wedding planning).
    I actually remember thinking when tables looked unfinished, ex. no flowers or all white.  But I am a snarky bitch and I remember those things.  I'm pretty sure as long as we have something it will be fine.  Ivory and blush flowers can't come out that badly.

Oh I would totally snark on unfinished tables, too. I just meant that as long as there is something and it isn't horrendous, it should all be fine.
  • I will remember these two phrases:

As long as there is something and it isn't horrendous, it will be fine.

#stuffIneedtoignore
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My motto is make a choice and don't look back or second guess. That will always drive you crazy. One of my friends was really particular about the shade of green used in her wedding.

• How much should I give a shit about flowers and linens?

I'm so bad at this stuff.  I want fluffy round centerpieces, with ivory and light pink, and I want some kind of sea foam and gold accessories worked in on the tables.  Then I found out that our tables are HUGE, 90", and the sheer aqua overlays are going to be too small, and I can't find that color in a big enough overlay.  Now I don't know how we're going to work in that light blue color for the decor.  Should we get napkins?  Should we use some blue flowers?  But I can't find the RIGHT blue.  Because the wrong blue will just look like baby blue and baby pink together and that would be a NIGHTMARE.

I texted Fi at work about all of this and he said, "I can't wait for how you'll be when you're pregnant."  

a;lskdjfa;kjgasd;fkjasd;fj
    We want the same thing. I'm going with fluffy round balls of ivory and blush carnations on semi-tall vases because they're cheap, fragrant and they're still beautiful. We will have those small dangling crystals as on the picture. As for the gold part, I'm having matte gold plate warmers. The table cloths are all off white. However I'm not having any greens in any of my decoration to try and have that more lush effect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I lean more towards the f* this side.  I told my florist, I like purple and things that go with purple.  And that I didn't want high centerpieces because you can't see over them.  She asked me wha my vision was and I said, "I just told you, purple and things that go with purple."

I had a basic idea of what she was gonna do, but no real idea until i walked into the reception.  Ironically I got many compliments on the flowers.  Sometimes I think letting professionals be professionals works!  Also, so much less stressful to just not care.
  • edited September 2014
    I lean more towards the f* this side.  I told my florist, I like purple and things that go with purple.  And that I didn't want high centerpieces because you can't see over them.  She asked me wha my vision was and I said, "I just told you, purple and things that go with purple."

I had a basic idea of what she was gonna do, but no real idea until i walked into the reception.  Ironically I got many compliments on the flowers.  Sometimes I think letting professionals be professionals works!  Also, so much less stressful to just not care.
    Yes!  I used to have a job where I'd occasionally have to order flowers for people.  I'd call up the florist, announce my budget and any other information I had, "I'd like to spend $75 on an arrangement for our new president, he's a man, so, simple and/or masculine."  Or, "$50 and her favorite color is purple."  They always came up with the most beautiful arrangements, and I got what was in season, so giant bouquets for the price.
  • Your actual TABLES are 90"?! Good lawd. My overlays were 90".

What about a runner? Otherwise the napkins are a good idea.

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Your actual TABLES are 90"?! Good lawd. My overlays were 90".

I know, it's crazy!  I had a hard time believing the venue's capacity when I looked at the diagram, so I called.  Yes, the actual tables are 90".  I guess that's why they say you can seat 12 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited September 2014
    Your actual TABLES are 90"?! Good lawd. My overlays were 90".

I know, it's crazy!  I had a hard time believing the venue's capacity when I looked at the diagram, so I called.  Yes, the actual tables are 90".  I guess that's why they say you can seat 12 people.
    Well on the bright side, at least that means you'll need fewer tables. :)

ETA holy crap I found 126" organza overlays... for the ever so reasonable price of $41 each. You know, 10x what my 90" ones were. Sheesh.

• What if you do the overlay smaller than the table?

• @Lolo883 Oooooh.... if you had just described it to me, I would think it sounded weird.  But I actually like that!!  Yay!  Maybe I will buy just one overlay and ask to take it to the venue and see how it looks on that size table. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What if you do the overlay smaller than the table?
    This looks like excellent problem solving.
  • I think I actually found those and thought the color was too bright.  :-/

I'm still having angst over whether to give up my "dusty" color dreams and just have a brighter color scheme.  Drat!

@Lolo883 did you wind up using those aqua overlays?  Do you have a picture of the tables?  I might wind up ordering that same color you posted on my table thread a couple months ago.  [I promise I'm not trying to Single White Female your wedding.  Pinky swear!]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think I actually found those and thought the color was too bright.  :-/

I'm still having angst over whether to give up my "dusty" color dreams and just have a brighter color scheme.  Drat!

@Lolo883 did you wind up using those aqua overlays?  Do you have a picture of the tables?  I might wind up ordering that same color you posted on my table thread a couple months ago.  [I promise I'm not trying to Single White Female your wedding.  Pinky swear!]
    I feel you. Giving up the dusty color was really hard for me. We did work it in with the succulents in the centerpieces, but obviously the dresses were brighter.

Here's one of our tables. They're very sheer, just a hint of color. I have 15 of them if you want. ;)

• And if it helps you stress less, before too long your tables will look like this anyway and all your hard work will be for naught.

• I love that sheer look!  The "hint" of color is perfect.  And I think that would look nice with ivory and light pink flowers, with maybe some gold vases or votives, yes?

If yours are the right size, I'd totally buy them off of you.  I'm thinking for a 90" table, to get that look, I'd want either a 72" or 90" square.

I just tried to order one square of each size, but they wanted to charge me $12 to ship $8 worth of product.  >:[
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love that sheer look!  The "hint" of color is perfect.  And I think that would look nice with ivory and light pink flowers, with maybe some gold vases or votives, yes?

If yours are the right size, I'd totally buy them off of you.  I'm thinking for a 90" table, to get that look, I'd want either a 72" or 90" square.

I just tried to order one square of each size, but they wanted to charge me $12 to ship $8 worth of product.  >:[
    I have 90" squares, they just need to be washed. We had gold and silver mercury glass flower bowls and votive holders plus clear glass taper holders and bud vases. I can't find a good picture of it all together but I loved the colors together.

• Here are some of the flowers, at least...

Ah this one's semi decent.

My friends need better cameras, lol. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards