Wedding 911
Options

Having color issues!!

thkeweddingthkewedding member
First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2014 in Wedding 911
I chose After Six Stormy for the bridesmaid color and I was thinking of doing pink with it. Problem is, FI thinks the reception room would look too dark if we did our table cloths and chair covers in a similar color to it. 
We just had our bridal appointment and we went with platinum for these things, with a tie color of Amethyst Bicon, then napkins and our lantern center piece will be a light pink. I think these colors are going to clash though. I can't even really google it because stormy is kind of an awkward color. 
So what color would you ladies consider stormy? It's listed with the grey and silvers on the Dessy page, but it definitely has a blue/purple tint to it. 
Any color suggestions? I've been having such problems picking colors!

FI suggested just going with white linens, but we already have paid for colored... so it'd be silly to go that route. 
image(This is how the Stormy looks on their website.)
image (This is the closest Amethyst Bicone I could find.)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Having color issues!!

• Options
    They have it listed with their grays and that's honestly what it looks like to me. I know sometimes grays can have a blue tint to them. I don't think they will but, I wouldn't worry about your tablecloths clashing with the BM dresses because nobody will notice something like that.
  • Options
    I think those colours will actually look quite nice together. Pink and gray is a great combination and I don't think the tie colours will matter much, as long as they look nice. I am in a wedding coming up and my fi (groomsman)'s tie doesn't match my dress exactly. I don't think it's a big deal. 
  • Options
    I'd say it is like a grey with a purple undertone sort of thing.  Platinum goes with a variety of colours, and so would the colours for the bridal party and GM ties, IMO.  Below are some pictures to try to help:
    Pink-and-Silver-Wedding-DecorimageimagePurple and pink wedding
    for the boys lavender groomsmen pink  umbrellas gray suits parasols purple ties
    Beautiful bride Melanie and her bridesmaids dressed in Amethyst.
  • Options
    Stacey and Clinton say, "It doesn't have to match.  It has to go."  Which it does. Those colors totally go together. Too matchy matchy can be a little over the top, in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards