Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Chatter!

It took me an HOUR AND FORTY MINUTES to get to work today (usually take me 35 minutes) because of a stupid accident. UGH.

On the bright side, I will have time to go to the gym today because I don't have to stay late at work like I did yesterday, and in 48 hours it will be the day that I get to go to @Swazzle's house.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Tuesday Chatter!

• YAYY I'm here early enough to join in on the convo!!! I feel ya @Hummingbird125‌ my commute is horrible lately from a FREEWAY CLOSURE. Seriously

My Tuesday is okay so far, I started with a pumpkin spice mocha from caribou except the barista must've put on lotion before handling my drink and it made my lid and sleeve stink like some incense type earthy scent. Eeeww. I have a client lunch today which is fine. I previewed the menu and found a healthy option that I hope I stick to!!

I'm super excited because I've stuck to working out for 8 DAYS IN A ROW!!!! It's a record. I haven't weighed myself in weeks but I'm feeling slimmer
  • @lmcooper86‌ YAYY! Congrats on the officiant!
  • Good Morning ladies!!  I've had wedding-brain so much lately.  I cannot focus on ANYTHING!!

Anniversary
  • that's an awful commute, @Hummingbird125!!

I'm over here annoyed because Nine West is only making boots for women with thin legs now, and because we're still having health insurance drama.  WAH WAH WAH.

on the bright side, it's a gorgeous fall day and we don't get many of those in OK!
  • I went into the office this morning to find it completely empty. So I went home at 9:00 and I'm working from home the rest of the day.

Tonight I'm going to crossfit and afterwards H has his hopefully last softball game of the season! I'm ready for him to be done lol. I'm going to walk Maddux around the park for a couple miles and then head home.

I need to sweep our kitchen floor because it was glitter alllll over it from my crafting session this past weekend. 
  • @southernpeach89 - jealous of you working from home!!  I know I'll be working from home on Columbus Day (all the feds will be off), and I can't wait.  workin' in my PJs!
  • OMG that baby is too cute! HE is like "WTF are you staring at?"
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited September 2014

@BreMR - Oh heeeeey! You're here! :) And kudos for working out so diligently

@CocoBellaF - I cannot find any boots that I like this year. I have a sad.

@eilis1228 - Dear lord that is a large newborn! WOW. But he's super cute, hope he and your SIL are both doing well

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @eilis1228 - So cute!!!

@CocoBellaF - I hear you on the boots.  I've always had huge calves and have never been able to wear boots unless they are very, very wide width.

----------------------------------

Today is off to a great start for me.  H had to get up early to make the commute to Chicago for work so I got up with him and walked to work.  It is a beautiful day so those 4-5 miles flew by.  :)

I have to meet an HVAC guy after work (our heater is on its last leg and our AC is completely busted).  Then I might play with the dog in our yard and relax with some tea tonight....might read a book too. 

• Morning all!

FI and I overslept today ... my system is all out of whack and I haven't been feeling great, but staying home wouldn't help. More fluids I guess or something. Oh well, we both got in roughly by when we needed to.

I have an exam this week in rocket propulsion, so I really should study today. FI is getting a haircut tonight. I have to decide what I'm wearing for engagement photos on Saturday. I have a grey sweater dress with a cowl neck, a white sundress with black trim and a black jacket ... and a forecast high of 75*. But it looks like fall. FI is wearing a black button-down shirt open over a white t-shirt and jeans. Ugh. Maybe I'll just wear whatever makes me feel prettiest.
  • what a cute picture, @eilis1228!!
  • Today is recovery day! FI and I got in from Seattle yesterday afternoon but didn't actually get home til nearly 8 because we stopped at my parent's house to pick up our dog and eat dinner. I really wish I was still on vacation. Seattle was absolutely beautiful (warm and sunny the WHOLE time) and we had so much fun! I really enjoyed meeting some of FI's college friends. His friend had a beautiful wedding and I'm so happy for them. My single complaint was that literally both sets of parents and their entire bridal party all gave individual speeches and it took FOREVER...but it was also a testament to how much this couple is loved and how special they are to everyone...but I ran out of alcohol after the third speech. I hope we are able to go back to Seattle again and spend more time with them. I had such a good time, 2 full days in the city wasn't nearly enough.

• Uuugh after our dance lesson last night, we got dinner and dessert at Finale (fancy dessert restaurant in Boston), and service was really slow AND I think I got mild food poisoning. I've been feeling nauseous since halfway through the meal, and because service was slow, we ended up being there for a solid hour and a half and spent most of it not eating (because we were waiting for food or finished eating and waiting for dessert/the check). So today I feel like crap :(
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I'm at my internship right now and only me and another intern are here. I have no idea where everyone is today. My mom texted me to inform me that the pastor at our church had his last Sunday this past weekend, so I'll have to find someone else to officiate my wedding. Um, okay mom, I'm not engaged so I'm not super concerned about who will officiate my wedding right now.

@eilis1228 - Wow! That is a big baby! He's super cute though!

@LaPeanut1018 - I'm super jealous that you were in Seattle. It's one of my favorite places. BF and I are considering moving there in a few years, possibly once he's finished with his PhD. 

• @Hummingbird125 - Ugh, traffic is the suck! 

@eilis1228 - OMG How cute!!!! My first DD was that size and I felt like I had a 1-2 month old baby instead of a newborn lol I hope you get to meet him soon!

I got cocky last night while watching the game and decided I should let the kitty sleep on my chest and pet him and give him kisses etc. I ended up swelling both of my eyes shut and having to take 2 Benadryl to get them uncrusted lol So! I overslept, and didn't get to do all of the wonderfully productive things I had planned this morning. 

• @bethsmiles Okay so I might have snorted a bit in amusement about the whole, "You'll need to find another officiant now" bit.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    @bethsmiles Okay so I might have snorted a bit in amusement about the whole, "You'll need to find another officiant now" bit.
    Right?! Mom, I don't have an officiant because I'm not engaged so there's no way I need to find another one! Plus, I was never really planning on asking that pastor anyway since BF and I have a friend who is a pastor. I think my mom has planned out my wedding in her head which is not good since we do not agree on a lot of things!

• @bethsmiles LOL that's crazy but sweet of your mom to already be concerned about such things. At least you know she approves of the match? I hope it's not a sign of future tension when you do get engaged though. 

@phira Happy Belated Birthday! I was MIA yesterday, but it sounds like you had a pretty stressful bday. I hope today is much better, despite the mild food poisoning!

@LaPeanut1018 Seattle is such a great city! I went for the first time this past Spring, and I'm dying to go back too. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the city and the wedding! How is your wedding only 3 weeks away? Time is flying!

@KeptInStitches Definitely wear what makes you feel prettiest! 

@minskat30 Wow, walking to work sounds fabulous!

@southernpeach89 Working from home is the best. That's so great that you can do it so frequently. Also, I saw your wreath in the other thread, and it's adorable! Did you make anything else this weekend? Oh, and also, Happy Early Birthday! You guys are going to have so much fun in NOLA! 

@BreMR 8 days in a row? You are awesome! 

@Ollie08 Oh wow, that sounds terrible. I hope your allergies aren't giving you hell anymore :(

Re: My nephew
    He's HUGE! His brother was huge too. When his brother was 3 months old, he weighed 30 pounds. I asked my mom about it, and she said I was a huge baby too. I weep for my uterus whenever I have kids... I'm going to have little linebackers. New nephew is 8 lbs, 7 oz, 20.3 inches, and his head is 34 cm. I love the expression on his face in all of the pictures my brother sent-- he's so chill. "Hi, I'm here now. Um, can I help you?" is basically the look on his face in every single picture. I hope that means he'll be an easy baby-- they have a 13 year old and a 4 year old already, so I'm sure their household is crazy enough as it is. My brother just confirmed they'll be here for Thanksgiving, so I'm really excited. Once the wedding is over, I'm hoping to make semi-regular trips to Atlanta to see them.

• @eilis1228 Lol now I feel like I was a fat baby! I was two weeks overdue and 8 lbs 9 oz at birth. Also, I can't WAIT to go back to Seattle. It won't be for a while though...flights between ATL and Seattle are ridiculously expensive. And yeah three weeks! We just picked up our marriage license this morning!!!

• @LaPeanut1018 I was 8lbs 4 oz, so we were close in size! My mom said I had big shoulders and had that alert demeanor that my nephew seems to have, which is what made me seem like a much older/bigger baby. My little brother (who is not related to my older brothers) was 8 lbs 12 oz, and he looks like a newborn in all of his pics. Apparently my dad's side of the family has large-ish, "mature" babies? And yes, it will be a while before I can go back to Seattle too. Such a gorgeous city! I just wish it were closer and cheaper. And marriage license? Ahh that's so exciting! I bet you're happy dancing all over the place. The next three weeks are going to fly! 

• @eilis1228 -Thank you! I made a few Fallish things to put around the house and this week I'm going to try to make some more things. It's going to be this glass vase and I will cover it with sticks and put candles in them and then a pumpkin picture in a frame made with buttons lol. It's all pinteresty stuff.
  • @ellis1228 - He is SO cute!  Congrats, Auntie!

This is going to be a post-and-run, because today is insane (I'm giving myself 15 minutes to check TK and eat my lunch)--I'll come back later and catch up on everybody.

Trying to knock out quite a bit of research today.  I'm leaving for California tomorrow morning at the most ridiculously early hour for a conference.  I'm giving the keynote address (WTF, am I actually old enough to give one of those?!), so I've been putting the finishing touches on my speech and trying to decide what to wear.  I haven't even started packing, so that's going to have to happen after my evening class tonight.

And, I'm super excited, because I ordered 2 pairs of Toms when Zulily had them on a couple of weeks ago, and they're listed as "out for delivery," which means I get to wear my sparkly shoes on the plane tomorrow!
  • @eilis1228‌ that is one CUTE BABY!!!! Congrats on being an auntie again :) and thanks for the props in working out!! It feels FANTASTICALLL!

@lmcooper86‌ thanks for the excitement giiiirl!
  • phira said:
    Uuugh after our dance lesson last night, we got dinner and dessert at Finale (fancy dessert restaurant in Boston), and service was really slow AND I think I got mild food poisoning. I've been feeling nauseous since halfway through the meal, and because service was slow, we ended up being there for a solid hour and a half and spent most of it not eating (because we were waiting for food or finished eating and waiting for dessert/the check). So today I feel like crap :(
    That is so disappointing, usually the service and food is amazing.  I'd always stop there for dessert after a night out. Hope you're feeling better today

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards