Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

My vendor reviews

lbuet348lbuet348 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2014 in Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
I didn't have too many vendors to review because I had family and friends do the cake, photography, DJ, etc but I want to share my experience with a few:

• Venue- Stockyards Station (Fort Worth, TX)- A+ I loooved my venue. I wanted the country/rustic feel without being redneck and it was perfect. The pricing was affordable and they let me come in the day before the wedding to decorate. It looked beautiful. I used the Lonestar room for the ceremony and the Stockmans Club for my reception. There were several options for food and bar. The price is per person, but it includes renting the facility, food, linens, tables, chairs (which is set up for you)- and clean up!
  • Catering- Riscky's BBQ- A My venue uses Riscky's as their caterer for BBQ. I think they have contracts with the restaurants in the Stockyards. However it was delicious and the servers were friendly! My guests were very pleased.
  • Dress-Wedding World (Arlington, TX)- A The ladies that run this shop were so sweet and helpful. I never felt rushed and they had a lot of beautiful dresses here. It wasn't crowded and chaotic like my experience at David's Bridal.
  • Bridesmaid Dresses-Alfred Angelo (Arlington, TX)- F My bridesmaids had the WORST luck with Alfred Angelo. I had them pick out any dress in aqua because they had a lot of options to fit their budgets. They lost 3 of my girls' measurements. One time I went in for a fitting and they forgot about us. We waited an hour before my bridesmaid finally went up to the counter and the girl had the "OH CRAP" look on her face. Once they came in- NONE FIT. One of them had their straps break off in the middle of my reception. A $160 dress shouldn't rip the first time it is worn. My sister, who is petite, had to order a 0 and it was huge on her. She is small, but not a stick. I couldn't understand how a size 0 would be so big!? One of my girls got pregnant after she ordered her dress, but was only 4-5months along at the wedding. She had to have the dress let out because it was tight on her. No surprise there, but after alterations it came back way too big and they wouldn't fix it unless she gave them more money. She had already spent over $200 on that damn dress! They were overpriced CRAP. I could have sent them to Ross and got better quality dresses.
  •  Invitations and Save the Dates- Vistaprint- A Can't beat the price! Several designs to chose from or you can design your own. They arrived about a week after I ordered them and I bought some twine from hobby lobby to wrap around them for the "country/rustic" feel.

I really just wanted to express how much I loved my venue and hate Alfred Angelo. lol
Happy planning! :)

*edit*- I swear I used paragraphs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards