Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Dear FI,

Thank you for going to bed early with me last night. I wasn't feeling well and just needed to snuggle. Also thank you for telling me that you actually WANT me to be around when your friend is visiting us in a few weeks. I was prepared to give you guys some space to have "guy time" and catch up, but it makes me really happy to hear that you'd rather have me there than not.

I seriously cannot wait to see some of our E-pics!

xoxo,
Your favorite fiancee 

p.s. I will miss you like crazy while I'm away this weekend. Please make yourself some plans!
----------------------------------------------------------

Dear photographer,

I know you're busy, but could you PLEASE just send me like...5 pictures from our E-session, today? I need something to look at and see that my face doesn't, in fact, look like Sephora threw up all over it. 

Sincerely,
Hopefully your most photogenic couple ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear NOLA ladies (too lazy to list all your usernames)

I am SO FREAKING EXCITED for this G2G. I cannot wait to get to NOLA and party our socks off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxox
Hummingbird

--------------------------------------------------

Dear pupdog,

I swear to God, if you kill or TRY TO KILL one more animal when I'm home alone and your dad isn't around, I'm putting you up for adoption. I seriously cannot believe I had to deal with pulling you off a freaking squirrel and shrieking loud enough for the whole neighborhood. Thank god our new neighbor came over to help put the injured squirrel back in a tree, otherwise I don't know what I would have done. 

We feed you good food, you don't need to hunt for your own.
No love,
Mommy
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: OLW

• Dear H,

I'm sooo excited about all our trips this next month! Especially New Orleans!!!! You're amazing and I love you soo much!

Love,
    W

Dear Maddux,

You're too cute and I can't handle it!

Love,
    Your furmommy

On my way to work this morning I thought about my speech at your wedding and I started crying
     : (

Love,
    Your MOH

Dear weather,

Youre gorgeous today!! I love Fall.
  • dear Hibachi on Friday night,

OMG can't wait. 

love, love, love
    Coco

dear Nine West,

good job on isolating a huge population of women with normal-sized and/or athletic legs.  now that your boots will only come in a 14" calf circumference, you can bet you'll lose a lot of business.  and the 20% coupon you sent me to get me to shut up... what am I going to use it on??  shoes should not contribute to the thin-obsessed epidemic in Western culture.  so, good job!  I'll find a different brand to spend my $$$ on now.

a former loyal customer,
    Coco

dear fall,

you're finally here.  please stick around until at least Thanksgiving... I'm not ready for winter.

love,
    Coco

dear Turkey Trot,

I'm coming for you!  had my best run yet last night, prepare to be dominated.

lots of love,
    Coco
  • CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014

Dear NEY,

Been a while! I miss all your lovely selves! I am trying to keep up with everyone's life happenings - so many e-pics and weddings and babies happening! - but "love it" doesn't really do it justice. Hopefully I'll be able to come around a little more now, but that's to be announced...

Love,

Your admiring CLo

Dear cancer,

So, you're an asshole. Aaaaaaaand, you're an asshole. Fuck you.

Hate you and everything about you,

Friend of not one but two young, healthy people who don't deserve to be dealing with your shit

Dear NCLEX,

That was awful. I hope I don't have to take you again. The ladies at the test center were super nice and sweet with their, "We KNEW you would finish first. You seem like one of the smart ones. I'm sure you did fine." Please-please-please let them be right.

Sincerely,

Still shaking from nervousness

Dear boss,

NO MORE SWITCHING BETWEEN NIGHTS AND DAYS. I never know what day it is anymore, and I always want to be asleep. I am not functioning, I am surviving. I just need consistence.

Love,

Your stressed-out and exhausted employee

Dear massage,

I can't wait for you this afternoon! I don't feel like I deserve you after that scary test, but my back and feet have been crying out for a little TLC for MONTHS. I'm so excited!

Love,

Me

• Ooh, adding:

Dear fashionistas of NEY - any recommendations of where to find cute and reasonably priced tunics to wear with leggings? Assuming I passed my NCLEX, I would like to reward myself with some nice new things to wear for fall.

• Dear Coach wristlets I just received,
    You're purdy. I should figure out a way to keep one of you for myself. 

Dear Shoe Makers,
    You're killing me with your smallest sizes being a 5.5 or 6. If I'm lucky and stuff the shoe, I can pull off a size 5 but really truly I need a size 4.5. Tiny people need shoes too! 

Dear Work,
    Should the CRM really be considered up and running when the guys are still very obviously working on it? Things disappear and change as we enter them, which is not very reassuring... I'm keeping a list of everything I do in there because I have a sneaking suspicion something will happen to that data.

Dear Wedding,
    Please get here now. I'm too impatient to wait 13 more months. I know we need the time to save and yadda yadda yadda, but I'm ready to be an OMH now.

Dear New Nephew,
    I can't wait to meet you! You are the cutest little linebacker, and I can't wait to snuggle you at Thanksgiving. <3

Dear Holidays,
    Holy crap, you are right around the corner. I'm both excited and freaked out because I know lots of money will be spent, lots of sweets will be eaten, and lots of stress will ensue. However, decorating and watching Christmas movies is the best thing ever.

Dear Anti-Vac Friend,
    Look, I've known you for a looooong time and think you're really great. I'm sorry your son is autistic, but instead of blaming vaccines for that, why don't you look at your behavior while you were pregnant? I mean, getting high all the time during those 9 months was probably not the best idea. Please stop posting all over FB about how terrible vaccines are. You make me facepalm a lot. 

Dear Fall TV,
    YAY YOU'RE BACK THIS WEEK!!!! Can't wait to watch all my shows again.

• @TwoDimes - I haven't written anything down but I have a good idea of what I want to say. So who knows that even might change from now until the wedding lol.
  • @TwoDimes - Wow...that's a pretty brutal best man "speech"!

@southernpeach89 / @LaPeanut1018 - I had not even thought about my sister/MOH crying during her speech...I am fucked if she does. I'm sure you're both pretty criers though!!!

--------------------------

Dear work,

You are not exciting or motivating these days. I would like to win the lottery and quit you.

No love, bored and undervalued employee

Dear FI,

You put your dirty socks on the kitchen counter last night. I repeat, YOU PUT YOUR DIRTY SOCKS ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER LAST NIGHT. That was not a nice thing to wake up to this morning and it's a good thing you were gone already because I was pissed. I don't care if you say it was an accident, you know how much I hate socks. Do not ever do that again please, or I swear I will cook your socks into your dinner.

Looooooove yoooooou, your FI

Dear FI again,

On the other hand, you did help me do all of the STD envelop liners, and you did a really good job. So perhaps I shouldn't internet shame you too badly.

I really do love you a whole ton, your FI

Dear mom,

You crazy.

Love-with-making-faces-at-your-crazy, your eldest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Dear MacBook Pro,

PLEASE DON'T DIE ON ME!!!!! I need you. I can't live without you. I'll be so lost. Please please please start working again. 

Love,
    Ollie

----------------------------------

Dear H,

I love you to freaking pieces and am so thankful for you! Thanks for doing the shopping yesterday, and way to go on only over-spending by $4! Which is exactly how much WD owes you for not ringing up the B1G1 on the cereals.

Love,
    Wifey

----------------------------------

Dear Fall,

Please come visit us soon.

Sincerely,
    Suffocating from the heat and humidity

• Dear FI,

Happy Two-Year Anniversary (a day late)!! You're the best - thank you for the amazing dinner last night, and for wandering around Home Depot afterwards looking for all the things we're going to need in just a couple of months!! 

AAALLLL the loves,
    Me

Dear House,

I cannot WAIT to be in you. I'm going to paint you & decorate you & love you forever - or at least the next 30 years. 

Love,
    Your new owner

Dear Photographer,

Sneak peeks, immediately, if not sooner, please? I'm 99% sure that I'm going to look like a drowned rat/sweat monster in most of them, but I really hope that there's at least a few salvageable ones. 

Love,
    Me

*******************************************************************************************

• @eilis1228 Okay yeah, maybe getting high while pregnant is a little more of a problem than vaccinating a child ...

Dear PI,

When we meet today, please be nice because, well, I already feel like an idiot and I'm also thisclose to throwing up today for some reason.

Dear J,

I know that therapy has been really difficult emotionally, but I'm so glad we're going. I know you feel the same way ('cause you've told me), but it bears repeating.

Dear students,

Think before you ask questions or email. "I lost my notes, so can you tell me what's important about this paper?" will not go over terribly well.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Dear self,

Snap out of this funk and get over it, it will happen but just not as soon as you think.  Enjoy the now and find ways to keep yourself busy please.

Love,

Self

Dear H,

Sorry it's been a crappy few days, getting better.  I'm still bummed we're not TTC this month, but I'll take your word for it that you do mean soon.  I really enjoy being just us too, but we are getting older.

Love,

Me

Dear 5pm,

Please get here soon.  I don't feel like doing any work at all today and I'm tired.

Love,

Lazy Co-worker

Anniversary

• Dear @hummingbird125, @buddysmom80, @csousa1

TOMORROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Dear Rest of the NOLA Crew, 

TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Attorney, 

I am so aggravated and upset with your office I could actually cry or scream or both. Fucking call me back PLEASE. 

Dear H, 

I'm going to miss you so much this weekend and hopefully nothing disastrous happens with the house while I'm gone. It's going to work out one way or the other. I love you.

Please for e-pics NOW. 

• @Hummingbird125 and @GoldenPenguin - I WANT TO SEE YOUR E-PICS! So if your photographers could get on that, that'd be great. 

@Swazzle - And here I thought maybe attorneys were a good thing in real estate. Obviously it's just another way for them to get paid. Everyone's gotta make a buck. ugh.

• @Peaseblossom55 - I hear you on the TTC thing.  I want to get on the train but H doesn't want to until I get my weight more under control.  It makes me sad but he has a point.

@GoldenPenguin - Stop it!  You will look awesome in your pictures and I can't wait to see them.

@lmcooper86 - Ewwww, socks on the counter. Just ewww.

@eilis1228 - Wow!  You have teeny tiny feet.  That has to suck for shoe shopping

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Heathscreen Test Lady,

I told you I weigh myself weekly and didn't want to screw with my head by seeing your scale's number and you f-ing told me anyway.  Now I'm going to be sad all day.

- :(

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Blood Work,

At least you did good despite the number on the scale.

-Bad habits but good genes

-------------------------------------------------

Dear H,

I adore you and I'm sorry you had to get up at 5am this morning and won't get home till 7:30 tonight.

-Dinner will be waiting

------------------------------------------------

Dear Doggie,

Why must you bark at everything out the window at our new place?  Runners, walkers, runners with dogs, babies, cars, leaves falling, etc.

-No sleep

• @southernpeach89 and @lapeanut1018 - good luck with the no crying thing. I made it exactly two sentences into my MOH speech before I started crying. The ironic thing was that the sentence was: "For those of you who don't know me, I'm A, K's sister. She's the strong one, I'm the emotional one."   and...... tears. My sister didn't make me cry until halfway through her speech, when she said 'And not I'd like to read a few words from a poem.' I instantly knew it was the poem from 'In Her Shoes' by e.e. cummings and I started to bawl. and..... I'm tearing up at my desk.

@clogreeneyes - Hi!! Yes, eff cancer. I was just thinking this morning about my HS friend who died two years ago and how her husband is now a widow. So freaking unfair.

Dear DH,
    I can't wait to see you tonight!!!

Love,
    wifey

======

Dear TK,
    Why you mess with my fonts?

No love,
    Tiger

=====

I miss you. Please to come up to Oktoberfest on Sunday with Mr. Tuarceatha?

Love,
    Tiger

=====

Dear Calvin Klein,
    I love your dresses. Please send them all my way. Size 8. Kthxbai.

Love,
    Feeling like a million bucks
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Dear Fall,

You're getting so much love today and this week! So happy to open my windows and save on electric!

```````````

Dear BFF,

Two weeks! I haven't seen you in forever, and I'm sooo happy to be at your wedding :)

-Your otherwise MIA friend who is really so so happy for you

````````

SO -

I know you're totally ambiguous about your new apartment but I think I'm excited enough for the both of us. No roommates, more sexytime, and space for me to store a toothbrush <3

Yours, selfishly, Toots 

• dear Bella-Bug,

please get better.  I don't like still feeling your lymph node enlarged.

love,
    your mom
  • @minskat30 it sucks to be ready when your H is not.  H said in our discussion on Sunday night that he just wants a little more us time.  We plan to revisit next cycle and see. 

Anniversary

• @minskat30 it sucks to be ready when your H is not.  H said in our discussion on Sunday night that he just wants a little more us time.  We plan to revisit next cycle and see. 
    He asked for a little more time and you're giving him one month? Do you think that will be enough if it starts being something you talk about every 4-5 weeks? 

I only ask because I can imagine that would get annoying for my DH. If he says he needs more time, he means he isn't ready for this month or next month. Otherwise he would say 'let's do it next month.

@minskat30 - I'm sorry your H said that to you. That's kind of a crappy thing for him to say and for you to have to hear. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    @minskat I'm basically an elf lol
    @phira RIGHT?! 

Adding a few more OLWs...

Dear Gums,
    PLEASE DON'T HAVE GINGIVITIS OR REQUIRE SOME SORT OF SURGERY! :( 

Dear New Dentist,
    Thanks for fitting me in tomorrow morning. That's awesome!

Dear New Dentist's New Patient Forms,
    That's awesome that I can fill these out electronically and all, but holy moly that took half an hour to do. 

ETA:
    Dear Work,
    Holy moly you already found someone to take over the position I was filling in for, and they're apparently coming in to start in an hour and a half?! Wow, you move fast! *happy dance* Now I have to figure out a training plan ASAP. 

• Dear NEY, 

I have missed you guys a lot. And I am trying to catch up, but I don't always have time to comment. Just know that I am always thinking of you guys even when I am super busy. 

Much love, 
    Me

-------------------------

Dear Car, 

I wish you didn't break down last night. Please stop making that horrendous grinding and squealing noise. That being said, please let it be something covered under my warranty. Otherwise I will not be happy. 

No love unless it's covered by my warranty, 
    Your owner

---------------------

Dear BF, 

Thanks so much for coming to check on me and the car when I broke down, even though you couldn't do anything about it since I don't have gear to ride on your motorcycle. Just having you confirm that it needed to be towed and having sushi with me while waiting for the tow truck was wonderful. 

Love, 
    Your GF who doesn't know as much about cars

• Seriously work, just stop. Very few of you realize just how close I am to leaving and how terrible of a spot that will put you in.

- Thankful her H finally has a big boy job 

---------------

Dear H,

Sorry I've been SUCH a bitch-a-saurus lately. 

Love,
    Your equally stressed out wife

---------------

Rental market,

Get your ish together. We'd really like to afford a place that isn't falling down and doesn't put either of us in the "rape zone." It shouldn't be this hard. 

- two renters with other bills to pay

--------------

My lovely NOLA girls,

I'm leaving TOMORROW!!!! I am so so so excited to see you! Please, feel free to slap me in the face when I bitch about my job or my housing situation. I need a mental reset!

Love,
    So excited she's staying home from work today
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @cu97tiger - I know, he has a point but, honestly, its his delivery of the message that sucks. He is known for having absolutely no filter. Part of the no filter thing I love about him as it does mean absolute honesty but our discussions about my weight gain (which has been considerable since we first got together...20-30lbs) is really hurtful and honestly makes me self-sabatoge. I told H this in a recent conversation and he said he would cool his jets on the talks and try to get more fit himself (i.e., gain more muscle not lose). I told him I can't view weight loss as punishment and I think he understands that but we will see. That said, I do know I need to lose the weight. I'm not happy with it myself.
  • cu97tiger said:
    @minskat30 - I gained 25 lbs after we got married. DH never ONCE said a thing about my weight. Even when I would complain about it (because my clothes didn't fit, I had to go buy new jeans and a new suit for an interview), he would say I wasn't fat (I wasn't, but he also never said anything about how different I looked compared to what I looked like when we were dating/engaged.)

All that to say that you gaining weight doesn't give your H the right to put you down. There is a fine line between honesty and being hurtful in this kind of a situation. I totally agree with you, weight loss should not be a punishment. Hell, it shouldn't even be the goal. Being more healthy should be the goal (i.e. eating better, moving more).

• Dear universe,

I'd like for it to be Monday night next week so I can watch the season premiere of Once Upon a Time, okay?

@minskat30 Honestly, if your blood work is good, I'm not sure why your weight is relevant. One of my dear friends is very heavy, and once her thyroid issues were taken care of, she had zero trouble conceiving (and she has the most gorgeous, healthy baby ever)
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • cu97tiger said:
    @minskat30 - I gained 25 lbs after we got married. DH never ONCE said a thing about my weight. Even when I would complain about it (because my clothes didn't fit, I had to go buy new jeans and a new suit for an interview), he would say I wasn't fat (I wasn't, but he also never said anything about how different I looked compared to what I looked like when we were dating/engaged.)

All that to say that you gaining weight doesn't give your H the right to put you down. There is a fine line between honesty and being hurtful in this kind of a situation. I totally agree with you, weight loss should not be a punishment. Hell, it shouldn't even be the goal. Being more healthy should be the goal (i.e. eating better, moving more).

Cosigning this too. Weight loss/fitness is all about you and no one else. It's not a punishment, and it's not okay to be used as a means to put you down! I understand wanting to get healthier before starting to TTC for the baby's sake, but 1. weight is just a number, not an overall indicator of health and fitness; and 2. I don't really think your husband should get a say in in what your weight should be prior to TTC. I'm sorry he's making you feel worse about yourself :( Hopefully you guys will be able to work out a mutual plan for improved health and fitness and support each other.

• edited September 2014
    @cu97tiger lol yea that explanation was weird.  We had a much calmer talk on Monday night and I said please pick a date when we can have the discussion again because I don't want to keep bugging him about it when he's not ready.  I said that the next conservation doesn't have to mean a yes you are ready to try but a time when we can talk about where he is at with being ready.  He said let's talk next month, I said ok.  I'm picking up 3 months worth of BC today anyway.

Anniversary

• Thank you @cu97tiger @CocoBellaF @Eilis1228 and @Phira - I do wish H wouldn't bring it up but I haven't done much about it other than yo-yo for a year+ and I think he is getting frustrated and feels like he isn't being heard on something that is important to him and should be important to me. While I would love to say I'm not overweight with these 30lbs extra, I am and it isn't good for my health. H makes it clear that he is still very attracted to me but it is hard to hear that your spouse won't be as attracted to you if you continue to gain weight. I know that sounds terrible just to type and its harder to hear. That said, I do think it is my responsibility (and his to me) to be attractive to your spouse and his expectations aren't unreasonable size-wise. I'm just feeling stuck because I'm feeling unattractive myself so I go all out with exercise/diet in an effort to punish myself then crash and burn when I feel bad...I might look into therapy. I feel like I'm holding myself back with my patterns
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards