Attire & Accessories Forum

When do fall dresses go on sale?

I have found my dress but really don't want to pay retail so I was wondering if anyone knows when fall dresses usually go on sale--if ever?  

Re: When do fall dresses go on sale?

• My advice is to troll preowned dress sites and see if you can find something in good condition, or even a sample.  You can always ask a local boutique who has a sample dress in something close to your size whether they'd be willing to part with it.  You can save a ton of money this way.  I recommend www.preownedweddingdresses.com and www.tradesy.com.  Often you can find unaltered dresses that haven't been worn.  Although I wouldn't expect many fall styles to be popping up on those sites for the next few months.  You can set up alerts for specific search terms, and get emails when something matching them comes in.

Who are you considering buying from?  Designer dresses are usually only made once an order is placed, therefore, newly made dresses don't go on sale, as there's no excess stock to move.  Somewhere like DB will eventually go on sale, although I'm not sure when, because they'll want to shift the stock that's not selling.

Have you checked NetBride, RKBridal, and Pearl's Place.  Based on what I've read here, you want to order from Pearl's Place.  They will only take orders on the phone, and only on a dress you've tried on in person, but they will match or beat prices from other legitimate stores (no discounts on Maggie Sottero as she cuts off stores that do that).  Thus, this is the cheapest possible way of getting the dress you love if you can't wait for a preowned or a sample.  
  • Thanks for recommendations, missdelilah!  This is very helpful.  I am considering buying my dress from Janene's Bridal Boutique in Alameda, CA.  They did take my measurements and said they would need to custom order the dress.
  • You're very welcome.  You can also take a price from another store in to the boutique you like and see if they'll match it.  Mine did.
  • Wedding dresses do not go on sale like other clothing items.  They are not seasonal. Only David's Bridal does this.  Other dresses are available to order for about two years.  After that, they are discontinued, and samples in the stores are sold at a reduced price, but you cannot order a new dress at that price.
    Unless your dress is Maggie Sottero, try calling Pearl's Place.  Daughter used them for her dress, and we were thrilled.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • What type of dress are u looking for? A-line, ball gown.....I have a NEW Alfred Angelo style 2251 for sale. Its a size 6 in white. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you pictures. I'm asking $500 but I will consider offers. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards