DC

Catholic wedding prep for couple that's cohabitating

Does anyone have any insight into a Catholic church in the DC area (we're in Alexandria, but can be flexible) that'll do pre-cana prep for a couple already living together? The church performing our wedding in Michigan (my home state) is fine with performing our wedding even though we're cohabiting, but we need to do pre-cana work in the DC area. 

I called a few churches in Alexandria and they said we needed to prove we were living apart before they'd even meet with us. Financially, that's not an option, but my FI has already moved into the guestroom per our wedding church's instructions, so we're doing our best to live according to the church's guidance. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? I REALLY don't want to lie to a priest about our living situation or give up on getting married in the church, but this is getting tough. It's also frustrating since we're being chaste and sleeping in separate rooms, fulfilling the requirement of the catholic church that is marrying us, but it appears Virginia is even more strict than Michigan!

Re: Catholic wedding prep for couple that's cohabitating

• Solved it--Holy Trinity in Georgetown has the same policy as my church back home. The staff person was super friendly, so we'll check it out this weekend.
  • LmichinockLmichinock member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    We live together and are in Pre-Cana now and we were pretty open with that topic when siting down and talking with father. We are really enjoying it!  Look at Saint Peter's on Cap Hill!  Love Father Byrne!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards