Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Does the dress suit me?

I have tried on numerous dresses some of which look great on me and I like them but they dont wow me. Im a country girl that likes a simple way of life and Im not really that modern. I tried on this dress yesterday and its nothing like what I wanted. I originally wanted ruching completely simple maybe some tulle and little bling. The guy helping me pulled this, I tried it on and I loved it. It feels amazing, is flattering and I cant think of anything I dont like about it. But Im worried its to "glamorous" for me and doesn't "suit" me. Would love some opinions!

Re: Does the dress suit me?

• Options
    If you love it, and it makes you feel beautiful, then don't fight it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Your wedding is the one day you get to wear something over-the-top glamorous no matter what the setting. If you love it, then go for it. I think the dress looks great on you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    If you love it, roll with it. My only caution is make sure you wear the dress, don't let the dress wear you!
  • Options
    I have tried on numerous dresses some of which look great on me and I like them but they dont wow me. Im a country girl that likes a simple way of life and Im not really that modern. I tried on this dress yesterday and its nothing like what I wanted. I originally wanted ruching completely simple maybe some tulle and little bling. The guy helping me pulled this, I tried it on and I loved it. It feels amazing, is flattering and I cant think of anything I dont like about it. But Im worried its to "glamorous" for me and doesn't "suit" me. Would love some opinions!
    The bolded tells me this may not be the dress for you and may be setting you up for having doubts later on. What time of day is your wedding? Is it outside? What kind of venue did you rent?

I agree with others that your wedding day is the one day you can go all out. However, like you, my normal style isn't trendy, blingy or glamerous. I fantasized about getting a trendy, blingy, over-the-top dress, but deep down I know I wouldn't feel like myself on my wedding day. I can see both sides here. You know yourself best.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    It defiantly doesnt wear me. I was surprised by how light this dress was! It is going to be during winter around 5 and taking pictures outside but the ceremony and reception is going to be at a family church.
  • Options
    I am also going to be wearing some fashionable boots with the dress. And some kind of wrap since it is going to be winter.
  • Options
    It defiantly doesnt wear me. I was surprised by how light this dress was! It is going to be during winter around 5 and taking pictures outside but the ceremony and reception is going to be at a family church.
    The phrase "make sure you wear it, it doesn't wear you" has nothing to do with how heavy/light it is. It has to do with your confidence and how well you carry yourself in the dress. Are you comfortable and confident in it? Can you walk into a room like you own it? Or do you look uncomfortable, and like you don't feel like yourself? 
  • Options
    I think it looks great.  My concern is that you think it doesn't suit your personality.  This is a red flag for me.  I'd think on it for a while if you have that luxury, because you definitely don't want to end up with regret later on.  Think, ten, twenty, or fifty years on; not just between now and the wedding date.
  • Options
    Honestly, I think the dress is gorgeous and looks great. I ended up picking a dress that was different from what I thought I would like. I didn't think I'd go for poofy ballgown and bling. I'm not really a poofy or blingy person day-to-day. But I do have a serious Disney princess side. I love the fanciness and romance, I just usually don't make time for it because it's a lot of work. So I don't feel like my dress "isn't me", I just feel like I'm going to have a big fancy day. Which I think is kind of the point. I don't get my hair done day to day either. So maybe think about whether this dress is "not daily you" or "not having a big fancy celebration you". For me that was the big difference.
  • Options
    I think it looks amazing on you! It shows of your figure very nicely. It will be a beautiful dress for winter. I think bling-y dresses go best in winter because they are reminiscent of snow and ice. I would go with a simple wrap- because you don't want it to become too busy. 
    I also wound up buying a dress that was completely different than I originally wanted. You never know until you start trying them on!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i feel silly now, i just picked the other dress you posted as looking better on you.. 
  • Options
    i feel silly now, i just picked the other dress you posted as looking better on you.. 
    I did as well.  I just thought the first dress was more flattering, but it sounds like you love this one more.
  • Options
    I loved this one all the way. You look gorgeous in it.
  • Options
    The dress is gorgeous. So gorgeous, in fact, that I don't think there are any boots fashionable enough to not look completely ridiculous with it. I would highly suggest rethinking your footwear choice. You can't "country up" this dress by wearing boots with it - it deserves glamorous heels.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards