Attire & Accessories Forum

Which wedding dress?

These are the 2 dresses Im a little torn between. The first one I didnt love when I orignally had on and was a little uncomfortable but looking at that picture is very flattering. The second I didnt like on the rack and is when I had it on I loved it and it felt amazing. I felt confident in it. The thing is I orignally wanted something like the first simple and flattering. But the fact I love this other one makes me feel torn. Im a very simple country girl. Not so much flashy and modern. But I think when would I ever wear something like the second one again? I am having a winter wedding. Im going back tomorrow to try them both on again but what are yalls opinions? Which do you think looks better and that I should go for?

I forgot to mention the second is a corset and is a little big on me. The guy helping me said it would come in more at my waist if he laced it all the way up.

Re: Which wedding dress?

• the first one accentuates your shape better.. 
  • I agree that the first dress is a lot more flattering to your shape.  I think it's because it gives you more of a waist than the other one does.  That said, you seemed to be loving the second in your previous post.  Go with your gut.
  • I love the second dress, but I agree the first dress gives you much better shape. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I like the first one better, but go with whichever one you feel the best in!
  • The second one is fierce. Love the beading and I see why u say it makes you feel confident. Second one is my pic. You look great in both but it's your wedding, go big if u want to. I love the second dress on you more and corset...hello! hour glass figure here you come.
  • I prefer the first one, but it looks like you love the second one.  Go with your gut.  A dress is one of those things a bride can say "it's my day" about.
  • I'm not even going to click. You said you loved and felt amazing in the second one. Then that's the one. Don't over think it, go with the one that makes you feel elated whenever you put it on.
  • The first one is more figure flattering (in the pics), but if you felt amazing in the 2nd, then the 2nd is your dress. You will look fantastic in it as well b/c you will FEEL fantastic. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I love the second one. I think it's more flattering personally.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I vote for the 1st one.
  • If you loved and felt better in the second one,that's the one you have to get!! It's ALL ABOUT YOU!
  • Food for thought: you don't look elated in either.  And you're on here because you're having doubts.  How about another shopping trip?  See what else is out there before you decide.
  • I think you should go with the one you feel the best in. Both are very lovely dresses and make you look great. So both are good options. But you want to feel wonderful and confident and gorgeous on your wedding day.

I am also going to suggest you ask the guy to lace it all the way up next time you try it on. It might improve the shape and help you make your decision. I know there was at least one dress I tried on where I liked it a lot better when we had it all done up. Just clipped it looses a little something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards