Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Corsets... How should they fit?

I got one that I am planning on slipping into after the wedding (winkwink), and it looks awesome, but I cant really tell if it fits right. I've never worn one before.

Like, how much skin should be showing in the back? It looks kind of like this on me (without suffocating me):

Is it too small on me? Should I be able to get it more like this?:

Re: Corsets... How should they fit?

• Options
    I think it's sexier with some skin showing.
  • Options
    Well, here's the good thing. If you're getting it for AFTER the wedding, it doesn't matter if it fits cause It's gonna be coming off!

Or it just looks sexier with the skin showing. 

So. how does it look in the front? Is it supporting the girls, everything good? Then it fits fine. If you can get it a little tighter, awesome, if not, it's okay.

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Well, here's the good thing. If you're getting it for AFTER the wedding, it doesn't matter if it fits cause It's gonna be coming off!

Or it just looks sexier with the skin showing. 

So. how does it look in the front? Is it supporting the girls, everything good? Then it fits fine. If you can get it a little tighter, awesome, if not, it's okay.
    Ha! Good point!

Yeah, it looks just fine in the front, I just wasn't sure how the back was supposed to look, ideally. Like, with bras, they always say that it should fit on the tightest clasp thingum to account for stretching later. But, I guess corsets are different since they aren't actually made of stretchy material.
  • Options
    I think this is totally fine for bedroom wear.  Totally secksay!

I have tons of information of steel boned corsets, and how they should fit.  Let me know if that's of any use.  But I'm talking things that you'd wear under clothes to change your shape, or as a top when you go out.  
  • Options
    corsets (actual corsets, not wedding dress corsets) should be open in the back.
    When you're all laced up, there should be some skin showing as taht's what allows you to custom fit the tightness and oomph up your assets.

If it's closed at the back, it's too big.
  • Options
    emanon321emanon321 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    I make corsets. I'm talking steel boned, waist reduction corsets. And a 2-3 inch gap is expected. Like @LDay2014 said, if it's closed it's too big. If it's comfortable, the lacing is even from top to bottom, you aren't waist training, and it is for the bedroom, it looks good!
  • Options
    Perfect, thank you guys so much!
  • Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Yep, you got some good info.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to properly lace a corset (it should be laced like the top picture, not the bottom):

And here is a good video on how to lace yourself into a corset:

Sometimes, depending on how much you are tightened into the corset, you might get a back wrinkle that can show in between the laces. Most corsets come with a "privacy panel" or "modesty panel" that you can put underneith the laces (it's usually the same fabric as the corset) to hide this. But if you like how your back looks then that's fine too!

As a personal tidbit: I tend to loop my laces around a doorknob and slowly walk away from the door, that helps tighten the laces. But I really think that there is nothing sexier than feeling my partner lace me in. Mmmm...
  • Options
    Make sure that when you're laced in, the grommets are even on both sides. If they slope into an A shape, V shape, Bow out in the center like this () or sink in like this )(, your corset is not on right and it's not going to be very comfortable. I suggest making sure it's laced correctly before you pack it, and practicing lacing a good half-dozen times at least so you're not in the bathroom for 40 minutes trying to coordinate your fingers.
  • Options
    Yep, you got some good info.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to properly lace a corset (it should be laced like the top picture, not the bottom):

And here is a good video on how to lace yourself into a corset:

Sometimes, depending on how much you are tightened into the corset, you might get a back wrinkle that can show in between the laces. Most corsets come with a "privacy panel" or "modesty panel" that you can put underneith the laces (it's usually the same fabric as the corset) to hide this. But if you like how your back looks then that's fine too!

As a personal tidbit: I tend to loop my laces around a doorknob and slowly walk away from the door, that helps tighten the laces. But I really think that there is nothing sexier than feeling my partner lace me in. Mmmm...

Make sure that when you're laced in, the grommets are even on both sides. If they slope into an A shape, V shape, Bow out in the center like this () or sink in like this )(, your corset is not on right and it's not going to be very comfortable. I suggest making sure it's laced correctly before you pack it, and practicing lacing a good half-dozen times at least so you're not in the bathroom for 40 minutes trying to coordinate your fingers.
    Thank you both so much! This was going to be my next question! I will deinitely start practicing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards