California-San Diego

Rentals

Hi!  My fiancé and are I on a tight budget and really are trying to get everything as cheap as possible without compromising on quality. Our venue is the Martin Johnson House which only offers the venue when it comes to renting it out. No chairs, tables, etc. Does anyone have any rental companies they recommend that are on the cheap?  Or have an opinion on having the caterer include in their proposal? I worry they "up" the cost. Any tips/suggestions would be wonderful!

Thank you!

Amanda

Re: Rentals

• If you end up going with UCSD catering you'll get a "student" discount with Classic Party Rentals.  My caterer, The French Gourmet, also has tables/chairs/linens/buffet tables all in their pricing.  And as far as I've been able to tell the prices are not inflated if you have a caterer quote it out. Good luck!
  • A lot of caterers actually own the tables, chairs, linens and in that case are not up charging you. It is very rare that they are renting from someone else. You could always ask your caterer if they OWN rentals. Also, Raphael's event works is affordable for rentals and they do very nice center pieces at their sister company floral works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards