Getting in Shape

Re-Introduction

AprilH81AprilH81 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited September 2014 in Getting in Shape
My name is April and my weight has gone up and down (mostly up) my entire life.  3 years ago I lost 40 pounds and got down to my lowest adult weight.  I met my husband at the end of my weight loss journey and slowly over time I have gained 30 of those pounds back.

We are going to TTC this winter and I would like to lose those at least 20 of those 30 pounds before we start trying.

I wish there was a magic pill I could take to curb the hunger, burn the fat, and give me energy, but I know that counting calories and getting more exercise is the best way to do it.

I talked to DH yesterday after my GYN appointment and enlisted his support in encouraging me but not questioning me if I do eat a cookie.  I told him it wasn't his responsibility to babysit my actions, but that I would appreciate his encouragement to be more active, aka "Hey, let's go for a walk.".

I'm using MyFitnessPal and my goal is to lose 1.5 pounds a week.  If I can stay on track I should be down 20 pounds by New Year's Day.

ETA: I just sent a bunch of MFP requests out to anyone who posted their username.  I hope you don't mind.
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Re-Introduction

• Welcome back @AprilH81!  Here is my MFP sn:  mpaone24

I love it, though I have been bad at logging in since being back at work after having the summer off LOL
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my name is the same as here, feel free to add me! I just started my weight loss journey again today. I was down a little weight and felt great at my wedding in July. Since the honeymoon and moving in together for the first time I've put it all back on already (and then some). I gained about 20 lbs in college, and about 20 lbs in the few years since college and would like to get back down to a healthier weight!
  • Thanks @cafarrie, I sent you a request.

I'm floored that I lost two pounds in two days (and the scale stayed the same this morning).  I never loose weight this fast, it is usually day 4 or 5 before the first pound comes off, let alone two.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • congrats!  That's exciting :)  I'm also excited to have a buddy to get healthy with! 
  • Hi! Over the past couple of years, I've slowly gained weight and would really like to get down to what I was 3 years ago before my wedding, which is 25 lbs. I just joined MFP. My username is jlujo2388. Feel free to add me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards