Pre-wedding Parties

Changing name as a suprise (Need ideas )

ntrizutontrizuto member
First Comment
edited September 2014 in Pre-wedding Parties
SO i NEVER EVER wanted to change my last name, i love my last name and always have!  However although i have told this to the fiance even before we were serious dating he has been persistent on me doing so.  Little does he know the moment he asked me to be his wife i decided right there and than i would change me name and we would be the Mr and Mrs he has wanted!  HERE IS MY QUESTION! i need a fun way to reveal to him i am doing so! there are 2 dates im choosing from, eaither his birthday or our anniversary, eaither one i want to do before wedding so thats not a negative thought on his mind going into the big day!  Any help or suggestions would be great!  The only ideas i have so far are (we are tattoo-loving people) getting a sharpie tattoo of his lastname on me by our artist, or because our anniversary is Christmas, getting a Mr and Mrs __Last name__ on a ornament.  I am pretty sure he would like the fake tattoo idea better its more us, were are silly/fun, but the ornament is nice keepsake.   Again, thank you in advance!

Re: Changing name as a suprise (Need ideas )

• ntrizuto said:
    SO i NEVER EVER wanted to change my last name, i love my last name and always have!  However although i have told this to the fiance even before we were serious dating he has been persistent on me doing so.  Little does he know the moment he asked me to be his wife i decided right there and than i would change me name and we would be the Mr and Mrs he has wanted!  HERE IS MY QUESTION! i need a fun way to reveal to him i am doing so! there are 2 dates im choosing from, eaither his birthday or our anniversary, eaither one i want to do before wedding so thats not a negative thought on his mind going into the big day!  Any help or suggestions would be great!  The only ideas i have so far are (we are tattoo-loving people) getting a sharpie tattoo of his lastname on me by our artist, or because our anniversary is Christmas, getting a Mr and Mrs __Last name__ on a ornament.  I am pretty sure he would like the fake tattoo idea better its more us, were are silly/fun, but the ornament is nice keepsake.   Again, thank you in advance!
    I actually really dislike the sharpie idea. Sorry! I like your ornament idea better.

I feel like Pinterest and other similar sites have made people think they can't just have a conversation or tell people something... like everything has to be a cutesy reveal/production. Think: gender reveal parties; cute pictures to announce a pregnancy; big production proposals; bridesmaid proposals; etc. etc. etc. 

I'm in my 20s, but maybe I'm old school at heart... I'd just take him out to dinner for his birthday and then over a glass of wine (or whatever if you don't drink) tell him exactly what you said in the bolded above. It's from YOU. It's from the heart. All the sharpies and monogrammed Christmas ornaments in the world can't capture a conversation from the heart. 

Sorry if this doesn't help since I don't have any cutesy suggestions for you. :(
    *********************************************************************************

• This thread is also on the customs and traditions board FYI, I wasn't sure if the OP meant to double post??
  • I say do both, you can have the fun of the sharpie tattoo and still have the lasting keepsake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards