Snarky Brides

Crimes against chairs

2»

Re: Crimes against chairs

• beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    @katieinbkln you got chiavaris at your venue you lucky shittttt (based on the first pic)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    @katieinbkln you got chiavaris at your venue you lucky shittttt (based on the first pic)
    I'm sure that's the more expensive version! I do love them, though.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • This thread makes me feel better about giving zero fucks whatsoever about chairs.  There will probably just be picnic benches at whatever venue I choose.  I know there is at my top choice.

I have picnic tables.

My mother is having a fit!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I am going to have to show FI this thread with all the chiavari love! We are renting them and that seems to be the only wedding expense he can't seem to (good naturedly) get his head around.
    I don't really have an eye for decorating so I'm hoping (really hoping) that giving the tables/chairs an elegant look will make up for my lack of details!

On another note, I love the chair condoms soooo much more than the chair covers I always seem to trip over. Or I will drop my napkin and have to practically crawl on the floor to find it because it blends in with all the fabric down there.
  • I do love how the chiavari chairs look, but we decided to forgo them because they were so uncomfortable to sit in.  They had too narrow of a seat and too straight of a back to actually relax in.  We had my BP, parents, grandmother and H sit in them during one of the planning meetings and unanimously we all decided to go for the more comfortable wooden folding chairs.  One hour in those seats was more than I was able to take.  My grandma (who is a larger lady) couldn't begin to fit in one.  I guess in the long run it did save us money, but I was really disappointed because I did like how the chiavari chairs looked.  Fortunately, the folding chairs were a beautiful dark brown with cream cushions, so they ended up looking pretty well.
  • Our venue's chairs looked like this: 

Sorry if it's huge.  Anyway, overlooking a beach but DH decided the day before he wanted something nicer and asked for chair covers, so we got those instead.  

• WinstonsGirl said: Our venue's chairs looked like this: image

Sorry if it's huge.  Anyway, overlooking a beach but DH decided the day before he wanted something nicer and asked for chair covers, so we got those instead.   That's what our venue's chairs looked like as well. At first we thought of "dressing them up" somehow - tulle, bows, something. My mom (who was paying) looked at a lot of different options. Then I finally said "Do we really want to spend money on making the
    chairs look nicer? Who's going to care about the chairs?" In the end, they looked perfectly fine, and we saved money. Win win.
  • Were doing the spandex chair covers since the chairs at my venue arent very nice. I actually like them. But if you want ugly chairs at your wedding then dont use them...

• allispain said:
    Our venue's chairs looked like this: 

Sorry if it's huge.  Anyway, overlooking a beach but DH decided the day before he wanted something nicer and asked for chair covers, so we got those instead.  
    That's what our venue's chairs looked like as well. At first we thought of "dressing them up" somehow - tulle, bows, something. My mom (who was paying) looked at a lot of different options. Then I finally said "Do we really want to spend money on making the chairs look nicer? Who's going to care about the chairs?" In the end, they looked perfectly fine, and we saved money. Win win. We had those same chairs. And while they looked fine, my little niece fell through two different ones. They are balanced funny and she went to climb up on it and the chair basically collapsed. TWICE. I felt terrible for her.
  • Were doing the spandex chair covers since the chairs at my venue arent very nice. I actually like them. But if you want ugly chairs at your wedding then dont use them...
    Or just don't use ugly chairs. Another alternative.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • It hadn't even occurred to me to use chair covers, but FI took care of the rental of tables and chairs, so I have no idea what they even look like.  Oh well, the reception is in a stable loft, too much fancy-ing up is just going to look silly there anyway.
  • We luckily had chaivaris chairs.
    I was going to put a bow on each chair and my planner just looked at me with a straight face and said "No, no you're not" LOL.

Thanks to my planner I won't be putting any bows on them haha. I don't know why I had such a lapse in judgement. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually don't hate chair covers and think some are very pretty. That being said, I do think they are the biggest waste of money that the wedding industry tells you that you need. I had hard plastic grey chairs at my reception. Didn't even try to cover them.
  • I was a little worried about ours. Black and very "hotel conference room" style. However, we realized that once the lights were dimmed for the reception they'd be fine... And they were. Phew. I hate loose covers- I trip easily!

• DD's venue had grey and purple chairs.  In fact the entire venue had a grey and purple theme to it.  Think nightclub feel.  So what did she do?  Incorporated her table decorations, napkins, tablecloths to BEST compliment the venue.  And it turned out lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards