Florida-South Florida

SOUTH FL VENUE FOR SMALL WEDDING RECEPTION NEEDED! HELP!

guests: 45
date: Feb 7 or 21 2015
time:evening
Preferred: outdoor or banquet hall with windows
Budget: around $60pp for foo&beverage (before tax and service)

I'm desperately looking for a venue in south florida. I swear I have looked everywhere. I prefer not to do it in a banquet hall simply because I wanted something a little bit different and unique ,  Its a nightmare to find something nice and affordable that doesn't require to pay an extra 2000 just to rent the place. Anyone know of any hidden gems? i originally really wanted an outdoor reception with pretty lights above our heads but most venues in south florida are mainly hotels and all the gardens charge up the butt just to rent the area. Anyone know of any private homes that have a big yard for weddings? I feel like this is not impossible to find and i know people in other states who have done this but I haven't found homes I can rent that are nice and that allow weddings. I'm just really desperate and I don't want to give up on how I've always dreamed my wedding to be. I know everything can't be perfect and you've got to compromise but sighhh I'd just really want to find a good balance. Big help needed on venues that aren't hotels. 

I'm highly interested in places like bimini boatyard, would have booked the place already except I was told that the music needs to be kept low because we didn't want to bother the other guests in the restaurant. Its a shame because in florida, being hispanic, the party is very important and keeping the music super low is just kind of lame. HELP FRIENDS!

Re: SOUTH FL VENUE FOR SMALL WEDDING RECEPTION NEEDED! HELP!

• @Knottie56033192 - I moved your thread to the South Florida board. You'll get more responses.
  • edited October 2014
    Fort Lauderdale:  Bimini Boatyard 17th Street, Embassy Suites also 17th Street, and Crowne Plaza Hotel State Road 84 and U. S. 1.  If your concern is the music, then I would definitely check out the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.  Their private room is really pretty and there are some gorgeous areas that they have created for amazing photo ops.  They are probably smack in the middle of your budget.  To be honest, Crown Plaza is not as pretty, but they can accommodate your needs.  One more place that I would visit is the Bahia Mar in Fort Lauderdale, one block west of A1A.  Not as pretty from the outside, but great views from inside and the food has always been very good.
  • Just a thought im pretty sure im going to do my reception here too. It the Lake Pavilion in downtown west palm beach. You can line up your own caters so a buffet style might be pretty affordable and its $250/hour for a non resident on the weekends.

• boca dunes country club is very reasonable and I am only having about 25 people
  • Also checkout the Bamboo Gallery in Davie, FL.  The website isn't working, but if you Google you should find a phone number. Its an outdoor venue with beautiful waterfalls and tiki huts

I have considered this venue for my own wedding, but its too small and my husband sweats profusely (our wedding in July).

Good Luck!

• You can try Il Lugano, that's one of the places we're thinking of
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards