Not Engaged Yet
Options

Another Monday

2»

Re: Another Monday

• Options
    we are taking Bella to another vet today for a second opinion.  the lymph node is growing despite being on strong antibiotics for a week.  I really feel like it's lymphoma, and cell aspirates are notorious from what I've been told at missing lymphoma if it is in the early stages.  please think healthy doggie thoughts for us?  we have an appointment to see another vet at 4.  I've tried to get in contact with our normal vet, but he has not returned any calls.  we should probably get a second opinion anyway.  t
  • Options
    @eilis1228 Hmmm I hadn't even considered displaying it at the reception. I might leave it near the guest book or something. Thanks for bringing that up!

• Options
    Blah, I get paid tomorrow, so I just budgeted everything out from my paycheck. I overspent by about $300 this pay period. Oops. Good thing I keep a nice cushion in my checking account for occasions like this. Adulting is no fun.

@LaPeanut1018 You certainly don't have to display it at the reception. It's so pretty that it may be a fun/free decor option for you if you want it or have the space for it. :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @cocobellaF Happy healthy doggie thoughts!

@helloliv Okay so I thought I had the worst poop related story ever, but I think you win. I'm so sorry that you win. Oh god. Although you look terrific in your photos! <3

Thanks everyone for validating me. I feel bad because I know that my friend is not a wedding-y person, I know that she's SUPER stressed with the abroad stuff, and I know that her finances are out of whack. But I just need an answer :\
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    So, WR funny moment of the day: I've been talking to the owner of the venue about our upcoming meeting and the different items we need to go over. She mentioned that we need to get an idea of the menu we're going to select, although there's a chance some of the choices may change before our wedding next year. I had her send me updated menus so that FI and I could look over everything. Tell me why chicken and waffles is one of the options and why FI zeroed in on it immediately. One of the sides is really cheesy mac and cheese, and now he won't stop talking about chicken and waffles and mac and cheese at the wedding. He's so excited about these options, and he keeps frowning when I veto the chicken and waffles (I'll allow the mac and cheese). Oi vey.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @beanbot2002, hope No-Uh lets you sleep soon.

@eilis1228, boo drama! The CRM is really picking on you.

@lapeanut1018, gorgeous ribbon bouquet!

@cocobellaf, ouch! Also healthy Bella vibes.

@bethsmiles, glad you had a fun weekend and hope the students don't get you down.

@phira, sorry your BM is not giving you solid answers.

@helloliv, ok that is the worst poop story I have ever heard.

@lmcooper86, good luck with the STDs!

@goldenpenguin, nice couch!

@TwoDimes, I am ridiculously jealous of the apple cider donuts.

Friday night was really nice - my mom made spaghetti for dinner, so that was awesome. Got my hair cut, borrowed some stuff from her for engagement photos.

Saturday I had a grant writing class where they gave me a book. A book. A motherfreaking book. I've never just been given a book - is this some part of professional development I'm just learning about? This is amazing!

Also we had engagement photos on Saturday!! Y'all, it was 90 freaking degrees outside and I wore a sweater dress. I hope sweat doesn't photograph, though I doubt it showed too much. So. Hot. But the photos were a lot of fun and we really clicked with our photographer. I hate cameras, and if the photos were that easy, the wedding should be just fine. He said to watch for teaser photos within a couple of days, so I have been obsessively checking my email for teasers and I make absolutely no apologies for that.

Sunday was for football. Local market meant I watched Packers-Bears and Falcons-Vikings. The Age of Teddy has begun, and early indications look like that other QB the Vikings got for a couple years where he was on his way down and out but could do no wrong for a year and the second year really sucked (read: Favre, but that's probably a bit much). The Vikes don't even have to win this week for there to be hope for the season - just acquit themselves decently against the Packers and there'll be hope for the future. (No I am not a Vikings fan. No matter what I say.)

ETA: And we got a piano player for the wedding! Musicians: sorted.
  • Options
    @KeptInStiches - Will you AW your e-pics when you get them?! I bet you look fantastic (even if you were dressed a bit too warmly)!

• Options
    @bethsmiles, of course I will! At least a few of them.
  • Options
    Yay...Mondays.

Everyone in my office was off today.

I got a *lovely* phone call this morning that stated that effective immediately and until further notice, one of our affiliates (in the large metropolitan area in our state) was not going to be handling our local-to-them transportation needs any further and we had to do them all ourselves, so I dealt with that most of the day.  I have fifteen of them scheduled for this next week.  About a half hour before I left I learn that I get to go to a meeting tomorrow at an unknown time with the #1 and #2 in our facility (plus an unknown amount of other people) to talk about it.  Our drive teams do *love* their overtime, but its going to cost our facility a ton of money in OT and transportation costs which nobody (except those getting paid$$$) is happy about.  It also makes my job a bit more of a PITA on a daily basis and I'm now officially way behind instead of a month ahead but I should be able to streamline the processes and get ahead again fairly quickly.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Yesterday was crazy busy at work so I'm finally able to post today! My brain was so dead!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards