Chit Chat

Flaky ass coordinator

The person that we have to coordinate with for our reception venue has been incredibly flaky the entire time we've been dealing with her. I'm always nothing but nice to her, but every time I talk to her she's full of about 15 different excuses as to why she hasn't done her job. I've only emailed her on 3 different occasions since we booked the venue in February, and it's always been to set up a meeting that she suggested; I'm not one of those brides that wants her attention on a regular basis. 

At the moment, I'm semi-freaking out because we were supposed to have our final contract done on Friday. She didn't answer the phone at the time she told me to call her on Friday. She then emailed me and said she'd have the contract ready Monday (today). Now today, I called to follow up on when the contract would be sent and she promised it would be sent by 4:00. 4:00 came and went and I didn't say a word. She emails me at 5:30 to say she's sorry but she's at her daughter's soccer game and blah blah blah, and she asked whether she could send it in the morning. Fine. Whatever. I don't believe her that she's going to send it.

Am I being unreasonable to expect to have a contract 12 days before my wedding? We gave her a deposit months ago, and payments were supposed to be finalized 2 weeks before the wedding. I WANT TO PAY HER. Why is she so awful? This is a country club, by the way. You'd think they'd have their shit together, but she's apparently the only person in the wedding planning department.

Re: Flaky ass coordinator

• I would find out who her supervisor is and ask them about your contract. Honestly, you've been a lot more patient than I would be!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I don't think it's unreasonable at all. It think the contract should have been finalized before any money was exchanged. Is she a direct employee of the country club or a separate vendor?
  • Direct employee. I've been nothing but patient with this woman. If she doesn't have the contract to me by tomorrow afternoon, I might have to escalate it to a supervisor if she even has one. 
  • Well, if it makes you feel a tiny bit better, I had to hound the club to pay them. It was due 30 days before. We ended up paying the Tuesday before. We did have a contract, however, which is how we knew it was overdue.
  • We have a semblance of a contract. We signed it with a $1,000 deposit to lock down the date and time. We just need the portion that says how many people, food, alcohol, and all of that other important stuff, and we need to pay them.
  • This was actually an issue with my venue when we first signed. I hated the girl in charge of sales/coordination...  I just went above her and emailed her manager, explained what was going on and then explained I wanted to just deal with him.

Well I'm sure I wasn't the only one who complained because there is a new girl there now(Who I love and she's amazing). 

I'd go above her and call the manager instead. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got a call at 9:00 this morning that she was going to send the contract. I don't have it yet. At what point can I call back without being a PITA? She did say we'd have everything finalized first thing this morning... to me, that means contract signed and paid for before noon.
  • kns1988 said:
    The person that we have to coordinate with for our reception venue has been incredibly flaky the entire time we've been dealing with her. I'm always nothing but nice to her, but every time I talk to her she's full of about 15 different excuses as to why she hasn't done her job. I've only emailed her on 3 different occasions since we booked the venue in February, and it's always been to set up a meeting that she suggested; I'm not one of those brides that wants her attention on a regular basis. 

At the moment, I'm semi-freaking out because we were supposed to have our final contract done on Friday. She didn't answer the phone at the time she told me to call her on Friday. She then emailed me and said she'd have the contract ready Monday (today). Now today, I called to follow up on when the contract would be sent and she promised it would be sent by 4:00. 4:00 came and went and I didn't say a word. She emails me at 5:30 to say she's sorry but she's at her daughter's soccer game and blah blah blah, and she asked whether she could send it in the morning. Fine. Whatever. I don't believe her that she's going to send it.

Am I being unreasonable to expect to have a contract 12 days before my wedding? We gave her a deposit months ago, and payments were supposed to be finalized 2 weeks before the wedding. I WANT TO PAY HER. Why is she so awful? This is a country club, by the way. You'd think they'd have their shit together, but she's apparently the only person in the wedding planning department.
    Same thing happened to me. I didn't pay until 3 days before the wedding. We originally thought it was 2 weeks, but it ended up being 10 days, then 7 days, then 4 days. I was playing phone tag with her, like my wedding is in 4 days don't you want your money!

• I HATE non-responsive vendors!  Our photographer is like this.  I think it's because I went to elementary school with him, so he feels okay to blow me off.  We had to hound him for the engagement pics, and I don't doubt our wedding pics will be the same.  I got a great price for him though so I guess this is the trade-off....and honestly, I just send FI out to do to the emailing if I've had enough - that seems to light a fire under his butt.

• kns1988 said:

Same thing happened to me. I didn't pay until 3 days before the wedding. We originally thought it was 2 weeks, but it ended up being 10 days, then 7 days, then 4 days. I was playing phone tag with her, like my wedding is in 4 days don't you want your money!
    How did you not lose your shit?
  • kns1988 said:
    Got a call at 9:00 this morning that she was going to send the contract. I don't have it yet. At what point can I call back without being a PITA? She did say we'd have everything finalized first thing this morning... to me, that means contract signed and paid for before noon.

I would definitely call! She is being super unprofessional.

Did she ever send it?

• Nope, not yet. I'm trying to wait until 2:00 and then I'll call her. She even said when she called me this morning "Since you left me off the hook last night, I didn't put the contract together yet; but I'll have it today." 

adfijadkfjd *bangs head on keyboard*
  • omg. You're amazing for not turning into a mega bitch at this point cuz I feel like I would. I'd go Godzilla and just start stomping all over. I'm frustrated for you! Call her boss!!!!
  • omg. You're amazing for not turning into a mega bitch at this point cuz I feel like I would. I'd go Godzilla and just start stomping all over. I'm frustrated for you! Call her boss!!!!

Ditto. I would be like this at this point:image

• Woot woot!! Got the contract! It only took her until 4:00 to get it to me and she didn't answer the phone when I called to pay, but at least I have something in writing! Phew.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards