October 2014 Weddings
Options

Rainy weather?

Hi everyone! So I am getting married this Friday, October 3rd, and I'm freaking out a little bit. We are getting married at the Chadwick in Wexford, PA, and also having our ceremony there. And while the ceremony site is outside, it is covered, but I am more worried about the pictures since the weather forecast is calling for 80% rain. Does anyone know any good places in the area to get wedding photos taken that is covered? And if you're not from the area, where did you go to take your pictures if it was raining? Any input would be much appreciated!!

Re: Rainy weather?

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    You may want to repost this on the Pittsburgh/local board.  Do you have a hotel booked up there?  Perhaps there are places inside the hotel lobby area that might be nice for some indoor photos?  Where exactly were you going to do outdoor pics at, if you're having ceremony and reception at the Chadwick?  Did you ask the Chadwick where some good indoor or covered photo ops there would be?
  • Options

I checked with our photographer about shooting in the rain (he was fine with), and I bought 3 nice big umbrellas to hide us all under.

Just prepare for anything and it will all work out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I agree with @TeddiD34 about checking with your photographer to see how they feel about shooting in the rain (if you're ok with it).  Not all professional cameras are weather sealed; I would hope they would be using one that is, but it might not be the case.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I've been watching our weather forecast like a hawk and it's gone from 80% chance of thunderstorms to 0% chance of rain in about 2 days. There's no guarantees yet! It could still turn into a beautiful clear day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm hoping it does change by then! I checked with my photographer and he said as long as there's light rain we can still do outdoor photos because he brings umbrellas. I was originally planning on doing the photos in North Park, so hopefully I'm able to!
  • Options
    mego2708mego2708 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2014

One of my friends did her pictures outside in the rain with umbrellas and using gazebos and things. Her pictures are some of the most beautiful wedding pictures I've seen. The dark sky, rain, and light fog are wonderfully contrasted with her dress. As long as your photographer can work with you outside, I wouldn't be too worried. You can get some really wonderful shots!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards