Flowers
Options

Paper Flowers

So I've been doing some research online and have been loving some of the paper flower designs. I've seen some super cute arrangements (I prefer the more realistic look opposed to the cartoony/obviously false look).

My mother is super excited about the idea because we are a very crafty family and it gives her a project. I'm still looking at using some fresh flowers on the day, but was thinking doing the paper flowers ourselves would help stretch our budget and give us more to decorate with. 

I was wondering if anyone is looking at doing this, has done it, etc. Any tips or advice?

Re: Paper Flowers

• Options
    I'm decorating with tissue paper flowers to look like peonies - in vases on the guest book table, signing of the register table, at pew ends, and on tables around the centrepieces.  If you're looking for something simple like that, I'd suggest getting your tissue paper wholesale online - it's ridiculously inexpensive.  The flowers will end up costing a few cents each.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I'm making all the bridesmaids and my own flowers for the bouquets, mostly out of coffee filters and a few from scrapbook paper and buttons. There are a ton of coffee filter and tissue flower tutorials, and you can get them to look pretty real with some paint jobs. Basket coffee filters are more tissue paper like, and cone filters are sturdier, but they don't have a delicate, etherial look to them. I'm using both types of filters for different flowers and they are very cheap. Just be sure to give yourself plenty of time to make them before the wedding, I've been working on mine for about 3 months and we're just about a year from our wedding, so I have plenty of time. Good luck!
  • Options
    I've been teaching myself origami for flower decorations at our reception and now playing with the idea of making our bouquets too. If you are interested, there are a ton of tutorials on youtube. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! My best friend had paper flowers at her wedding reception 3 years ago. They were for the centerpieces. And they looked so realistic. I didn't know they were fake flowers until after when I was cleaning up. I wish I still had the pic I took but they looked something like this.  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards