Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Songs to walk down the aisle to?

2»

Re: Songs to walk down the aisle to?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_songs-to-walk-down-the-aisle-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:46696ccf-4f2c-4c31-ab9d-410c9002d5bcPost:c7fe638d-429a-4ef8-8fa0-ee62abe3e03e">Re: Songs to walk down the aisle to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I (think) I'm going to walk down to an instrumental (piano) version of Adele's "Make You Feel My Love"  my future step son plays piano and I think I'm going to ask him to record it beforehand so we can play it at the ceremony (with it being an outdoor destination wedding we won't be able to bring in a keyboard/piano).  So for now this is it unless I hear something better from you guys lol
    Posted by brookerich[/QUOTE]

Did you ask about a piano?  Mine is DW outdoor as well and we have the option.  If you didn't check already would be worth asking?  I love the idea of your future SS playing it, that is just adorable and gives him a chance to be involved and shine. :)
  • @ladyace, you are SOOOOO right about Adele.  That girl could sing a law book and make it interesting.

I haven't heard that one but I'll go listen to it right now.  (not that I need any more "choices" thrown in there) lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm debating something really traditional, but I kind of want to use Storybook Love- the theme song of the Princess Bride. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_songs-to-walk-down-the-aisle-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:46696ccf-4f2c-4c31-ab9d-410c9002d5bcPost:c7fe638d-429a-4ef8-8fa0-ee62abe3e03e">Re: Songs to walk down the aisle to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I (think) I'm going to walk down to an instrumental (piano) version of Adele's "Make You Feel My Love"  my future step son plays piano and I think I'm going to ask him to record it beforehand so we can play it at the ceremony (with it being an outdoor destination wedding we won't be able to bring in a keyboard/piano).  So for now this is it unless I hear something better from you guys lol
    Posted by brookerich[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think this is great! that will be a very special moment for you and him, also it is good to have a back up like you said previously by recording him play and then you can play the recorded version. Great for you!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really want to choose Clare de Lune but it's just a little to soft/slow. I'm also thinking about Louis Armstrong's La Vie En Rose, but I can't find a good instrumental version....
  • we are struggling with this question too, leaning toward Loving Cup for the BP, then She's Got a Way for Bride, and How Sweet It Is for recessional, all instrumental with a live keyboard and flute. 

But I feel like I'm forgetting some key song.
  • edited March 2012
    Our processional is the theme to The Princess Bride "A Storybook Love" done on classical guitar and our recessional is Louie Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • I'm walking down the aisle to All I Ask of You from Phantom of Opera. The church we're using has a grand piano and FI's sister will be playing for us. I listened to a piano version of All I Ask of You on Youtube and almost started to tear up when I pictured myself walking to that song. 
  • Mee Too!!!   LOVE this song!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow. These are some really creative songs to walk down to!

I'm having a little trouble myself. I'm almost certian I want to walk down the aisle to Yoko Shimomura's "Dearly Beloved" on piano(I'm sorry, I'm a geek). But I often wonder if the song is too sad for such a happy moment, even though it's undoubtably beautiful. I think a duet with a piano and violin is more upbeat, but maybe too quick for the slow walk down.

Also, how long should the song be for a bride and her bridesmaids to walk down the aisle to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-sqvJRm5U&feature=related
    The above is the piano version of "Dearly Beloved"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6bVirB01xU&feature=related
    The above is the piano and violin version of "Dearly Beloved"
  • I have a friend who will play his guitar and sing "Happy Ever After in Your Eyes" by Ben Harper. When I first heard that song years ago (long before meeting my fiance) I knew I had to walk down the aisle to it! 
  • You all have some amazing song choices!!
    My fiance and I love this song by Thompson Square - Are you gonna kiss me or not? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUOcHg5ijg
    It just fits us so well and we were thinking of having me walk down the aisle to it. Im having doubts though, is it too fast or totally wrong for walking down the aisle?! What do you think??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am going to walk down the aisle to "Makin' Plans" by Miranda Lambert. I absolutely love this song and think of my fiance every time I hear it.

Here are the lyrics:

If I ever left this town
    I'd never settle down
    I'd just be wanderin' around
    If I ever left this town

If I wasn't by your side
    I'd never be satisfied
    Nothin' would feel just right
    If I wasn't by your side

'Cause I'm not easy to understand
    But you know me like the back of your hand
    I'm your girl and you're my man
    And we're makin' plans....

We can go on and on
    Won't ever feel too long
    I'll always call you home
    And we'll go on and on

'Cause I know you like the back of my hand
    Got a heart of gold and a piece of land
    I'm your girl and you're my man
    And we're makin' plans....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My sister walked down the isle to that song and it was perfect!

• Im walking to Book of love by peter Gabriel
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    I was thinking about walking down the aisle to "God Gave me You" by Blake Shelton also. I was going to use the words with it. What do you all think?
  • In Response to Re: Songs to walk down the aisle to?:
    Check out the group Vitamin String Quartet...
    Posted by mrszeno34

Thank you so much for suggesting the Vitamin String Quartet! I have been struggling to find perfect music for our ceremony.... and this is it!!  I was floored by the variety of music they have available. So many of my favorite bands... so glad I found this post.   

• QueenVSQueenVS member
    First Comment
    I'm thinking of really non traditional songs for down the aisle and I dont know if its too much:
    Love Interruption-Jack White
    Soul to Squeeze- Red hot chili peppers
    All of my love-Led Zepplin
    Together-The Raconteurs
    I'll follow you into the Dark-Death Cab for cutie
    ---I really like anything that jack white does but not many of his songs have anything to do with happy love( my favorite song is Dead leaves on the dirty ground-The White Stripes). Love interruption is probably my favorite but its kind of about dark all consuming. Any thoughts
  • My fiance and I met while working at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co-so the Forrest Gump Feather song it is!
  • I am debating in The Wedding Song by Paul stokey or Today by Joshua Radin. Maybe both? not sure about timing and how to do it
  • I got married in April 2012 and I walked to the instrumental version of "Good Life" by One Republic.  It was beautiful, I would do it all over again! Congratulations, hope this helps someone.

• Van Morrison is my favorite, he's what I grew up listening to... I am thinking about walking down the aisle to "Astral Weeks" it's about a mother/son relationship, but I feel the lyrics will work. After my husband and I are married, we will walk back to "sweet thing" by Van Morrison...We visited Ireland right before we got engaged (Van Morrison's homeland) and listened to a bunch of covers while we were there. Definitely think this will suit us! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards