Wedding Woes
Options

It's October

While January seems like it was a million years ago, Christmas still seems like it's really far away...But my current perception of time is all skewed since it's based around one thing.  ;)

I got some sleep last night.  YAY!!

DH's warehouse starts shipping today...ready or not.  I hope, for his sake, that it's not a clusterfuck, but neither of us have high hopes. 

DH has to work this coming weekend.  Someone needs to take my kids so I can make real progress on packing.  If they're home, I may get 50% of what I need to done. 

Re: It's October

• Options
    I'm at work super early so I can hopefully get myself to focus and get things done.  No work tomorrow, and leaving at 2:30 today, so---not tons of time to accomplish stuff.  Better get to it!  *drags feet*
  • Options
    Send your boys over here, conn.  Son and kiddo can do teen boy stuff and defconn can play with the girls.

Son looked at me like I had two heads when I told him he needs to start his xmas list soon.  He's the hardest person to buy for and never comes up with ideas for grandparents and aunts/uncles.  I told him if he didn't, he'd get nike slides and he'd like them and wear them.  (FTR, he hates sandals with a passion.  My SIL has already asked if he needed a pair.)

I really do love fall.  I need to get started on the girls' costumes.
  • Options
    I'm piecing together PF's costume. I'm so excited! And I have to figure out how to make a shoe box into a proton pack.

I also need a good cold snap to come so that we can go apple picking for winesaps.
  • Options
    Our buyers loan was sent to the USDA on 08/26 and they're processing midday 08/25 right now.  So...Could be coming back today or tomorrow.  Come on...Big $$, no whammies.  Mama needs a firm close date. 

• Options
    Yay for October!  Yay for October birthdays!  My grandma's was technically late September, and then my mom is Friday, my aunt and cousin (aunt's daughter) Saturday, and DS on Tuesday.  A year!  Where did that time go?  Time for mountains and leaves changing and pumpkins and Halloween!

Random:
    1. DD was doing so well at soccer practice last night, and then with 15 minutes left, coach said "All right, let's play a game!" and all the kids cheered except DD.  Who burst into tears.  Le sigh.  Thoughts?  Ideas?  Suggestions?  She's five, so she can't articulate exactly what's bothering her so much.  My best guess is stage fright and/or perfectionism?  (I was reading through her old preschool binder the other day, and as early as three, one of her teachers wrote "Woozle is quite competent, but if she believes that she isn't 'good' at a task then she is reluctant to even try.")  She has the fundamentals down--she's great at drills--but shuts down in an actual game.  ???
    2. SIL is being induced today, so by the end of the day, DH and I will be up another nephew.  I am looking forward to pics.  DH's family is not always 100% functional, but they produce pretty babies.  :)
    3. DD is psyched to help me bake DS's birthday cake this weekend.  She's always up for baking.  I asked her to help him blow out his candle and she's taking her responsibility very seriously.
    4. Still waitlisted (times 4) for swim.  Registration for winter art class opens today, so at least I won't screw that up.  I asked DD yesterday how she would feel if she sat out the next session of swim, and she said "I would be very, very sad."  Damn it.  Four classes, someone's got to drop, right?  RIGHT?!
    5. DS is going to the pedi today to be officially tested for food allergies.  I still think it's lactose (which, I know, intolerance =/= allergy, but they include it in their testing), but he had an incident Monday, and DC swears all he had was a Nutri-Grain bar and a banana.  But it was textbook lactose intolerance, and after eliminating lactose a week before, his symptoms had completely disappeared.  So we'll see what the pedi says, but I'm annoyed because I gave strict instructions not to give him any dairy at school, and then his principal (who is a dumbass) was like "Assistant Teacher and I think it's gluten!"  Well good for you. 
    I don't often pull rank on teachers, but a) I've kept his food diary and have been very careful about trying and eliminating different triggers, b) their reasoning is totally sloppy:  DS eats Nutri-Grain bar, DS gets sick, ergo the Nutri-Grain bar made him sick.  Ignoring all the times he's eaten cereal, toast, pasta, etc. and been fine.  Sloppy science. and c) I am probably overreacting, but if I say "no lactose" and they say "we think it's something random and unrelated" then I'm not confident that they are taking my request as seriously as they need to, if they're busy with their own baseless pet theories.  Does that make sense?
  • Options
    Yes, you make sense.  The DC people do not.  *smh*

No advice about DD.  Sorry she can't seem to get past her worries about games.  :( 
  • Options
    I found out I have to go to PA at the end of the month. I do not want to go- mostly for one stupid reason. DD has been breastfed the last 10 months and I don't have enough milk. Will it kill her to have 2 days or so of formula? No. But I struggled so much with DS and I really wanted to do the whole "go a year" thing with her. It's messing with my mind.

DS slept in the bed with me last night. I loved it. He snuggles when he sleeps, and he is not a snuggler. Between this and him asking to sit on my lap more often, I'm in heaven. He told me he was going to sleep in my bed every night. I might let him. The only down side was that when I got up at 5:30 am he got up as well so I think he'll be a crabby mess at daycare/home.

• Options
    Heffa: 2- 6let was 3 days after my induction started. 5- pull rank and good luck with the testing. 
  • Options
    Updates:
    • DS:  it's lactose.  Pedi thinks he'll get over it, because he's awfully young for full-on lactose intolerance.  Our best guess is that the amoxicillin wreaked such havoc with his GI tract that it basically shut down his lactase production, so hopefully with time it will come back.  Fun fact:  kicking myself for not checking on this earlier, but Nutri-Grain bars contain whey, which apparently has even more lactose than actual milk.  So that explains that.
    • DD:  swim class called, and there were enough kids on the Sat. waitlist that they created an additional class, and Wooz got a spot.  So relieved.
    • New nephew is here, and he is awfully cute. 
    6fsn said:
    Heffa: 2- 6let was 3 days after my induction started.
    Good lord, I would have died.  He owes you, big time.
    PMeg819 said:
    No. But I struggled so much with DS and I really wanted to do the whole "go a year" thing with her. It's messing with my mind.
    YES!  When we started to suspect lactose with DS, I was already supplementing.  I switched his formula to sensitive, and had to take him off breastmilk.  And it was only a couple of weeks before his birthday, but I was like "Damn it, we were <this> close."  I was so looking forward to weaning him, and then when I actually did it, I was sad.

FWIW, I weaned DD at 11 mo. 1 wk for a similar reason:  I had to go to Europe, my supply was already tapering off, and I couldn't see finding a 240V adapter, hauling the pump over there (and counting it as one of my carry-ons), and then trying to find a time and place to pump multiple times a day for a week.  It just seemed like a lot of work for two more weeks (once I returned) of my sad little 6 oz./day at that point.  But I was sad then, too.  Luckily, she didn't care one bit.
  • Options

Good update. Interesting on the Nutrigrain bars. 

My random- I put together this morning's mom meeting and the turn out was SPECTACULAR.  I'm hosting bunco on the 17th. 6let doesn't have school and DH mentioned he might take the day off and take the kids out of town.  He said this last time, but didn't follow through.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but darn it would be nice.

My simple computer doesn't want to download any room planning things.  I wonder if there's a free app for it because I have no clue of how to approach this.

• Options
    6fsn said:

Good update. Interesting on the Nutrigrain bars. 

I sort of have to eat my words.  So yes, the Nutrigrain bar was the culprit, but gluten was not. 
  • Options
    6-I really hope that happens. You so deserve it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards