Oregon

Cocoon Silk reviews needed

The place seems great. They will custom make any dress for really great prices. I fell in love with a dress at David's Bridal but would much rather support a local business and save several hundred dollars by having them make it. It makes me nervous though since it won't look exactly like the dress I'm so attached to.

Has anyone used them?

http://www.cocoonsilk.com/cs/Photo_Albums/Photo_Albums.html

Re: Cocoon Silk reviews needed

• edited December 2011
    My dress is made by Cocoon Silk. I'm guessing if you went in you talked to the one guy in there? He's the owner and the designer. They're awesome. My dress is gorgeous, granted, it's not a typical wedding dress, but it's perfect for what I want. Every time I've gone in there I've seen girls in gorgeous wedding dresses. Oh, and as an added plus, all alterations are free!

Oh, and I'll have an AW moment and show you the dress he made for me, to my measurements, so it fits like a dream.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vwhitney2107vwhitney2107 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say that I absolutely LOVE Cocoon Silk! My FI is Cambodian and it is just so perfect for us that we found this little shop. Although I did get my wedding dress from David's, we did decide to get the bridesmaids dresses from Cocoon Silk. All of the dresses will be custom made for each girl and we are even having ties made for the groomsmen out of the same fabric. Plus like pp said, all alterations are free which is great for my girls!

I would definitely reccomend this place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks. It looks like I will end up paying over $250 in alterations for any dress I buy so it makes sense to have it custom made. 
    Some times I just need reassurance before I made big decisions. : )
  • glennandlindyglennandlindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went in today to shop for my dress and everyone who works there is amazing! I'm getting a dress custom made for $500 wich includes alterations and I get to be involved with every part of the process. They have dresses that start at about $200 that are still beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards