Rhode Island
Options

Dorrance brides

I am planning a Sept/Oct 2015 wedding.  We're in Boston and have seen many venues here but the price point is so high, it's hard for me to commit to paying so much for 1 day.  I'm from RI and most of my family is there as well.  We looked at The Dorrance yesterday and I really loved it.  We will be hosting 125 or less and the reception space felt perfect and unique.  
My only concern is the ceremony space upstairs.  When we looked at it, it was set for 90 and the space seemed very tight.  I've done a little research and it doesn't look like tree's a church within walking distance.  I'm not opposed to a church wedding, but like the convenience of having everything at the same place.  My FI family is from NJ so would most likely be flying in and staying at the Biltmore or Omni, a short walk from the Dorrance.  Any Dorrance brides who can give me advice about the ceremony part? Also, how much were you able to customize the space? Mom noted that the table cloths were wrinkled and FI said he'd like something more luxurious.  Also, what did you use the small room off to the side for that was previously the bank's board room? It was set up for a photo booth (which doesn't appeal to me) and Regina said we could use it as a dessert room, which I also don't love.  Any suggestions/advice from Dorrance brides would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Re: Dorrance brides

• Options
    Thrilled to say, we LOVED the venue and put our deposit down for 9/26/15! I'm so excited! Still undecided on where our ceremony will be, but I'm thinking we will also have it there for the convenience for OOT guests.  I already took care of my room block at The Biltmore (Joy was so hepful), which is a short walk to the venue.  We also just booked "Those Guys" for our band.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards