New Jersey
Options

Rustic/Comfortable NJ venue for under $100pp?? Help!

Hello All! My fiance and I currently live in California, and are trying to plan a September/October 2015 Wedding in New Jersey. As you may have already guessed, this is REALLY hard being 3000 miles away! We are hoping to visit venues this November and December, with the hopes of nailing down a location by Christmas.

So! We desperately need your help :) We are on a relatively tight budget (by typical wedding standards these days), and are trying to find a rustic location that can accommodate 100 people for UNDER $100pp. We are an eclectic pair, and would prefer a ceremony and reception that are both comfortable, unique, and rustic (as opposed to a traditional/glam/classic sort of feel). The silly theme we have so far is that, at the reception: "every table is a kid's table." So we are trying to find a location that is rustic but can support or childlike natures.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Re: Rustic/Comfortable NJ venue for under $100pp?? Help!

• Options
    Hi, Does it matter what part of New Jersey?? There is quite a few wineries in New Jersey, thats the first thing that came to mind.....
  • Options
    Both of our families are from New Jersey, so thankfully we're not really focused on a specific area. We are also open to Sunday weddings since the prices at some venues are discounted on those days. Thank you for your feedback! I'll keep checking out some wineries :)
  • Options
    Union, NJ has The LIberty Hall Museum which is a beautiful piece of land and has that rustic feel

Also my cousins are getting married at Jack's Barn and its very rustic.
  • Options
    Rutgers Gardens is gorgeous and has a covered area for the reception. You should be able to do the venue fee and catering in your budget.
  • Options
    Hi there - Under $100pp before or after tax & service charge? 

Here's what I found during my own search for a Sat. wedding before tax & service charge:

Skyview Golf Club - $95
    Perona Farms - $100 (ballroom, not the barn)
    Berkeley Plaza - $96 (not much room outdoors though)
    Flanders Valley - $96 
    The Eagle's Nest - $90

Hope this helps, good luck!
  • Options
    cwc236 said:
    Hi there - Under $100pp before or after tax & service charge? 

Here's what I found during my own search for a Sat. wedding before tax & service charge:

Skyview Golf Club - $95
    Perona Farms - $100 (ballroom, not the barn)
    Berkeley Plaza - $96 (not much room outdoors though)
    Flanders Valley - $96 
    The Eagle's Nest - $90

Hope this helps, good luck!
    This. This tacks on another 25-30% to total cost.
  • Options
    Also look at Farmstead GC and Lafayette House.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! And yes, we are looking for (ideally) under $100pp after tax and service fees.
  • Options
    Ballyowen, Black Bear Club...
  • Options
    Take a look at Peppadew Fresh Vineyard in Morganville Nj. We just had my daughters bridal shower there last week and it was amazing. It is a gorgeous property with a small restored barn. The owner Pierre is fantastic to work with. Good luck!
  • Options
    How rustic do you want? There is a barn in Holmdel that can be rented out and you can bring your own caterer. http://guide.rusticweddingchic.com/bayonet-farmc
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Try jacks barn in oxford nj. 3 caterers to choose from with varying prices. You can definitely do it for less than$100 pp
  • Options
    bennifer70bennifer70 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Rutgers Gardens gave us a quote of aprox. $7,000 to use their space. This was back in June and as an alumni of Rutgers. Of couse, catering was not included in that price.
  • Options
    Rutgers Gardens gave us a quote of aprox. $7,000 to use their space. This was back in June and as an alumni of Rutgers. Of couse, catering was not included in that price.
    Wow, really? I just got married there this summer and we paid way, way less than that.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Hi there. Congrats on your wedding! I actually just booked my venue at the Women's Club in Glen Ridge, NJ. Most women's clubs allow for rental for wedding receptions and are SUPER affordable. I would suggest googling for a Women's Club close to where you want to have it and recommend calling asap. They get booked quickly.

Not sure if you wanted anything near Glen Ridge, but below is their site and phone number. Hope this helps!

973-748-5459
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards