Snarky Brides

Weirdest response to an invitation...

I sent out my invitations last week (yay!) and today the first responses started rolling in. Most were typical yes/no's, some with a "yay we're so excited"-type note written. And then this one.

It was to a not-close cousin of mine, and I got his address from my aunt. Well he must have moved. We got the response card back, but it wasn't from him. It was marked as a "no" and said "Joe Schmo doesn't live here anymore so he won't be getting this invitation."

So not only did this random person open mail CLEARLY NOT ADDRESSED TO THEM, they took the time to write a stupid note and mail the response card back. Mail tampering is a felony! You could have just written "return to sender"!

Oh my God I don't understand people.

Re: Weirdest response to an invitation...

• Isn't it a felony to open another person's mail?
  • What a dick. That would annoy me. And I would totally spam-mail revenge him, as a PP said! 
  • There would have been a much nicer way to handle that. I accidentally opened my neighbor's cable bill once. I promptly went next door and handed it over with an apology.

If he opened the envelope by accident thinking, "Ooo what could this be?" how hard would it have been to return it with a, "Whoops, I got excited thinking this was for me. This person doesn't live here anymore and I don't have a forwarding address. Sorry!"  

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Does he open all mail addressed to the previous person living there? I would totally report him, because I wouldn't want some douche nug to be opening my mail!

If it was an accident, he should have sent it back with a note. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What an il mannered twat. @pinkrevenge I love your sass lady!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When FI and I first started dating, we would find ways to prank each other. So, one day I decided to sign him up for every mailed catalog I could think of.

I would do the same to this guy AND write him a little note informing him what he did was a felony.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Maybe this guy dealt with a bridezilla who ranted about not getting rsvps back from people. He wanted to make sure you knew your cousin never received it so you wouldn't rant about him. Haha.
  • My mom called the cousin and yes, he did move - and no, he doesn't know who lives there now. He declined anyways, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess?
  • steph861steph861 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    We just moved, and we're receiving mail from the Canadian equivalent of the IRS and Sheriff Services (jury selection, I'm assuming) for people that must have lived here years ago, because they aren't the people we bought the house from. It's one thing to not update your address for company mailouts and crap like that, but the tax office?!

• steph861 said:
    We just moved, and we're receiving mail from the Canadian equivalent of the IRS and Sheriff Services (jury selection, I'm assuming) for people that must have lived here years ago, because they aren't the people we bought the house from. It's one thing to not update your address for company mailouts and crap like that, but the tax office?!
    We've gotten Cook County (Chicago, IL) late property tax documents sent to our condo - in Atlanta! They owe like $6k so hopefully they've figured out that they're not paying their property taxes.
  • Maybe this guy dealt with a bridezilla who ranted about not getting rsvps back from people. He wanted to make sure you knew your cousin never received it so you wouldn't rant about him. Haha.
    Well that's the point of writing "return to sender - no such person" and sending it back unopened. Same end result without committing a felony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards