Wedding Reception Forum

Trying to avoid being too cliche: wedding colors

2»

Re: Trying to avoid being too cliche: wedding colors

• Nymeru said:
    As I have become obsessed with searching the Internet for wedding ideas and pinning regularly on Pinterest, I am starting to question my choice of wedding colors. Is purple becoming too cliche? I ask this because I have even taken a different direction with my wedding gown to ensure it makes a statement and reflects my personal style based on inspiration from international designers. So far I have toyed with having two different shades of purple for my bridesmaids: putting my maids of honor in perhaps a violet color and my bridesmaids in lavender and lighting up the venue of the reception with several purple lights to cover every inch of the walls.
    Ultimately, I am just wanting my wedding to be so unique that it will always be remembered and thought of fondly by my loved ones. My wedding is on August 1, 2015. I would love your input. :)
    Thanks!

Be careful with the uplighting!  Make sure you've got some yellow/white light as well.  I've been to three purple up-lit  weddings and I hated it each time because the room was so dim.  It made me feel like I was in a club, and not in a good way.  Something about dim, colorful light gives me a headache.  Throw in an AW DJ, and I'm ready to go home long before I'd normally want to.
    OMG this explains the last wedding I went to perfectly!  The room was so dark but the walls were pink.  You couldn't even appreciate her centerpieces, especially the tall one's because the only light available really was from the uplighting since the rest of the lighting in the room was turned down so much.  Uplighting should just be an accent to the overall decor, not overwhelm it.  My friends wedding would have been so much more beautiful if she had just added a lot of votives to the tables instead of turning the room pinnk.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards