Second Weddings

Annulment Process

I've been searching the boards for some information and figured this one might have some answers for me. Some background information: I am not engaged, but I have been married and divorced. I'm 26 years old and I am a Catholic... my ex-husband was not (he was never baptized). Therefore, we did marry outside of the Church. I'm assuming, then, that I can seek an annulment due to lack of form. My issue is that I am not currently a practicing member of any church. So how can I go about obtaining an annulment? Do I just call up the parish where I received all of my other sacraments (baptism, communion, confirmation)? I do feel a little weird about calling and asking for an annulment when the priest there does not even know me. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."

Re: Annulment Process

• I am not Catholic, so can't help in that way, but as the board mod, I'm more than happy to move this post to the "Catholic Weddings" or "Customs and Traditions" forum if you do not get an answer here!

• You need to contact your current parish. If you don't have one you will need to join one. The priest at your parish will act as your interceptor. You will get all the forms and paperwork from him. Since you aren't active in a parish then you will have to deal with a priest who doesn't know you.

It took almost year for me to get my annulment. I had assumed the church would give me an annulment based on one criteria, but they selected another. In my case the tribunal chose the ground, not me. GL! It's not a fun process :(
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I too was going through an annulment process at the age of 26.  I found it to be much easier and more fulfilling than the nasty divorce.  @photokitty is right, you need to talk to a priest.  I would suggest joining your local parish and speaking with one there.  It took about 6 months from start to finish for me to get my annulment completed.  Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards