Oregon

Has anyone on here used Grey Gables?

I'm going to visit the site this weekend and from what I have heard they are a bit pricey. However, they seem to focus on including a lot of the wedding details in their packages. Has anyone had their wedding at Grey Gables and what did you think?

Re: Has anyone on here used Grey Gables?

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are extremely high priced, parking can be a bear, and from what I've heard it's kind of cookie cutter - ie, every wedding there is basically the same because you buy the whole package from them.  I have also heard that the coordinator there can be a little...snobby, i guess.

If you're interested in it for the look, try Ainsworth House and Gardens in Oregon City.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm I've heard some of those things too. I've also heard fantastic things. I looked at Ainsworth house and it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the info!

Has anyone already had their wedding at Grey Gables?
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter checked into this venue with me 1.5 years ago.  She was interested in having an inside wedding.  The ceremony and banquet room would have to be in the same room.  Not normally a problem since the guests would leave to the lobby for a cocktail party while the room was flipped.  What she didn't like was seeing preset tables in the back of her ceremony (she didn't want to walk down the aisle with that.)   She didn't care for the large acrylic decoration at the altar.  We noticed a problem with not enough parking and traffic noise from McLoughlin BLVD (if you were having an outside ceremony.) They price was around $10K for 75 people.

We checked out the Benson and ended up getting a lot classier venue for about $7,500.  They included all day access from 8am to 12am, a bridal suite for the night,  excellent food (top chefs), and Lydia the coordinator was always prompt and easy to work with.  I almost didn't consider the Benson because I thought I would be too expensive.  I was happily surprised.

The Ceremony

The cocktail hour (while the room was being flipped)

Outside the Hotel

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Parking is definitely a problem there.
  • edited December 2011
    We just had our wedding there! It was great. and the price was kinda the same as the other places we were looking at...it just depended what we wanted from each place...which we wanted everything, or the most upgraded packed in the end. Parking wasn't an issue for us..but I think we had a smaller wedding than most?? we had abut 100 people. I worked with Genevieve who was great. Our ceremony was outside and we didn't hear anything from the street or anything, maybe we were really lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards