Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

processional with small bridal party?

Our bridal party is very small [ MOH, best man, flower girl, ring bearer]. The song I want to play as walk down the aisle is about 2 min if i cut out the 2nd verse and bridge and have it fade out at the end [ nearly 4min in total]. Any insight as to if that is too long of a song for that few of people, or if i could have everyone [ including seating of mothers/grandmothers] all walk down to the same song? 

thanks in advance :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: processional with small bridal party?

• Options
    Have you timed how long it would take everyone to walk down the aisle?  If the song is long enough that it will end by the time everyone is down the aisle, it might be worth just having everyone walk to the same song rather than switching songs.  (I'm assuming you're walking is a different song than the one the others will be walking to, but if that's not correct then please clarify.)
  • Options
    Not knowing anything about the aisle in question, we have no idea. Go walk it and time yourself, then multiply by the number of people.
  • Options
    @jen4948 - no i was going to have everyone including myself walk to the same song since we have a small group of people. I havent timed anything yet since i live about an hour away from the venue. I can try and do that when we go for our tasting next month
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    2 minutes is a long time.  Your wedding party and yourself will have to walk extremely slow down a very long aisle to have the whole song play.  And you have to remember that on the day of the wedding you will typically walk faster then you may have practiced due to nerves and excitement.

Typically at weddings I have been in and been to, once the bride makes it down the aisle the DJ or musician fades out the music in a very nice manner.  An entire song, even when cut down, is not generally played.

• Options

Given that your aisle could be nothing like mine (and I think mine is unusually long), that actually would be around the perfect length for my three bridesmaids and me to walk down the aisle (no one else is walking). At our venue it takes a little over 50 seconds for the first BM to walk from the starting point to her place at the front. The DOC wants 5 seconds between bridesmaids. I don't start until the last bridesmaid is at her spot at the front.

So 0-50 sec: First bridesmaid reaches her place.

5-55 sec: Second bridesmaid reaches her place.

10-60 sec: Third bridesmaid reaches her place.

60-110 sec: I make it to the front, hug my parents, and take my place.

So just under 2 minutes.

But like I said, our aisle is pretty long. In order to be out of sight of the guests, we have to start outside a courtyard, on the sidewalk, walk through an alcove into the courtyard, and then walk the entire length of the courtyard. We also have to walk around a big fountain right about halfway through.

• Options
    Is your ceremony at a church?  As a former youth director, I would have loved to have been given that random project.  Call up the church.  "Um, I know this sounds weird, but I'm getting married there and I need to know how long to make my processional song.  How long would it take you to 'wedding walk' down the aisle?  Here's my number, call me back."
  • Options
    @adk19 no we're getting married at a golf club.

I'll ask the coordinator when we go for the tasting how long the aisle will be. thanks for all the input
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have the seating of the grandparents, mothers, etc. to the same song as the bridal party
  • Options
    I only had a MOH walk down the aisle.  We used the same songs for the parents (no grandparents) and MOH and then the DJ faded out the song and did a new one for me.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    We have a specific song and when it gets to the part where I want to walk in, it's at the 0:50 sec mark. I'm hoping the venue we're having it allows that (it's a chapel in Vegas). Our bridal party is very small as well, it's just my daughter, my MOH and myself walking down the aisle. I've actually ran the logistics in my head, so I am going to see if it works with them sometime.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards