Chit Chat
Options

Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

Re: Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

• Options
    I also forgot to mention how much I hated Lori! I watched her in Walking Dead before I watched Prison Break and it made me really hard to like her in Prison Break because she was so AWFUL and ANNOYING and UGH in The Walking Dead. 

• Options
    @emmaaa - I always saw Daryl and Carol's relationship as a mother/son thing too. I think it'd be weird as a romantic relationship. I also think it would be weird for him to be with Beth.

• Options
    @emmaaa - I always saw Daryl and Carol's relationship as a mother/son thing too. I think it'd be weird as a romantic relationship. I also think it would be weird for him to be with Beth.
    Ditto all this too. I really hope they don't have him bang either of them.

• Options
    ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Seriously? I think there's actually about 4 years age difference between them. I don't see any weirdness in that.

ETA: Daryl and Carol, I mean. It would make her a very young mother.
  • Options
    Seriously? I think there's actually about 4 years age difference between them. I don't see any weirdness in that.

I think of them as being much further apart in the show, like mid-20s for him and mid-40s for her. Still nothing wrong with that, I just don't want it to happen.

• Options
    I actually read an article a few months ago that discussed the possibility Daryl is gay. The producers of the show commented that it's not something they have ruled out, and may work it into the show if there's ever a "quiet period."
  • Options

I think of them as being much further apart in the show, like mid-20s for him and mid-40s for her. Still nothing wrong with that, I just don't want it to happen.
    Is he supposed to be mid-twenties???? I always perceived him (his character) as much older. In his thirties. And the same with Carol. She looks mid thirties to me.
  • Options
    ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Damn! The actress is actually 49! Go, Carol!
    And yep, Reedus is 45. I feel a lot better about my crush on him, now.
  • Options
    UO here but I do not find Daryl attractive.  His hair is just a big no.  The way it parts around his ears? Ugh.  And sorry but I do not find how him being uber dirty (literally, since no showers and stuff) is attractive at all.

• Options
    Well the actors who play high schoolers are normally late 20s/early 30s so who knows how old anyone is supposed to be!

Does it bother anyone else that Carol's hair is always neatly trimmed? In the zombie apocalypse I can't say I'd be bothered to keep my hair cut.

• Options
    This thread is cracking me up.  I hated Lori, but I hated Andrea more.  All she did was ignore red flags and run amok.  

I have a suspicion that I know where the series is going since I've read the breakdown of most of the comics up to this point.  I do hope there are some major changes from the comics though, because there are a few characters I'd really like to keep around.  

• Options

I didn't actually mean their ages would make it weird. I think those two characters, the way they've been developed on the show would not work well in a romantic relationship. And even if Carol is similar in age to Daryl she seems to have an older soul and kind of guides him toward being the best person he can be which is what I meant by mother/son relationship. She seems to want to help him grow as a person and watch out for him.

@Maggie0829 - I don't really find Daryl attractive either! 

@lolo883 - You know I hadn't really thought about it but her hair does seem to stay neater than everyone else's. I don't know maybe she sees cutting her hair as a survival tactic - it can't get caught in anything, won't get in her eyes, won't get pulled by a zombie, things like that.

• Options
    One of the producers revealed that Daryl will not be hooking up with either one of them: CLICKY

I feel as if this episode was perfect--debating calling it my favorite of the series. It's either this one or the prison finale. LOVED the Daryl/Carol reunion, as well as the Grimes family reunion with baby Judith. I am also on the "Tyresse didn't kill that guy" bandwagon--way too defensive about letting Carol see (why else would they put that in there??). Plus Morgan has to find someone out there in the woods...

Used to hate Carl, now I love him. Loved him ever since Lori died (was very happy when she left the show) and he decided to grow up for real. 

Rick has made mistakes but I think he is ultimately the best suited to lead the group (at least in his current mental state).

Daryl will always be my favorite. It they kill Daryl, I'm done.

Carol's development has been amazing. Her and Michonne are about tied for my favorite female characters both dead and alive. She was hands down the star of the show (Rambo style): 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Well the actors who play high schoolers are normally late 20s/early 30s so who knows how old anyone is supposed to be! Does it bother anyone else that Carol's hair is always neatly trimmed? In the zombie apocalypse I can't say I'd be bothered to keep my hair cut.
    Yes! I always complain in zombie shows/movies when people's hair is nicely trimmed (I've bitched about Carol's hair for YEARS!) and when the women are wearing bras. Bitch please. You're literally fighting for your life every day, the world has gone to shit, and you're still gonna put yourself through the discomfort of a bra? 
  • Options
    Well the actors who play high schoolers are normally late 20s/early 30s so who knows how old anyone is supposed to be! Does it bother anyone else that Carol's hair is always neatly trimmed? In the zombie apocalypse I can't say I'd be bothered to keep my hair cut.
    Yes! I always complain in zombie shows/movies when people's hair is nicely trimmed (I've bitched about Carol's hair for YEARS!) and when the women are wearing bras. Bitch please. You're literally fighting for your life every day, the world has gone to shit, and you're still gonna put yourself through the discomfort of a bra? 
    UO here, but I find it uncomfortable to be running around braless. I need a bra to hold those suckers in.

FI's biggest complaint is who puts all the leaves on the road. Haha.

• Options
    Can you imagine the discomfort of running for your life without a bra? I'd wear one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm going to need a bra in the zombie apocalypse. I want the girls locked down not bouncing all over the place while I'm running for my life!

I also think, at least for a time people would cling to for some sense of normalcy in doing little things like cutting their hair or even just brushing it or wearing a bra.

• Options
    I'm the opposite. Running without a bra is painful. If there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd be looting the nearest Macy's for sports bras.
  • Options
    I'm the opposite. Running without a bra is painful. If there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd be looting the nearest Macy's for sports bras.
    Sports bras, yes. But the fancy bras with the narrow straps and under wire? Fuuuuuuuck that. 
  • Options
    Sports bras, yes. But the fancy bras with the narrow straps and under wire? Fuuuuuuuck that. 
    See, I love my fancy bras.  You better believe I'd raid a VS or La Perla for an awesome sexy bra.  Apocalypse or not, I want to feel like a pretty lady sometimes! 

• Options
    Yeah, even if it is the zombie apocalypse I am going to keep myself somewhat looking put together. Yeah I may have to fight for my life, but I am not just going to go all cave woman either when I can easily scavenge for shampoo and soap and deodorant and a razor and some scissors to trim my hair. And a bra is an absolute must. Yes being dirty will happen but I won't just stop bathing because there are now zombies on the planet.

• Options
    I don't ever see him in a romantic relationship. I like the daryl/carol as a mother/son but sometimes the writers seem to try and push it romantic. 
    UO here but I do not find Daryl attractive.  His hair is just a big no.  The way it parts around his ears? Ugh.  And sorry but I do not find how him being uber dirty (literally, since no showers and stuff) is attractive at all.
    I know he looks like an anime character. I loved his hair in the first season better. 

He's like ugly hot. 

I, too, would be wearing a sports bra and functional clothes. Do you guys remember Rosita's outfit when she first showed up? Easy rider rosita. 

I hope a zombie grabs her by her pigtails and bites her right on her almost naked ass. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
      Maggie0829 said:

I share this UO. I LOVE the character and think he adds a lot to the show; I just don't find him super attractive. I love Rick no matter what, even when he's being all domestic.

I'm thinking that Gareth and cabin guy are still alive - solely based on the reel of people who bit the dust on The Talking Dead. It wouldn't be THAT easy to get rid of those jackasses.

Am I the only one who's kinda meh about Morgan being back? Maybe it's just because I can't really remember his situation last time he was on. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the folks who are on every week.

• Options
      Maggie0829 said:

I share this UO. I LOVE the character and think he adds a lot to the show; I just don't find him super attractive. I love Rick no matter what, even when he's being all domestic.

I'm thinking that Gareth and cabin guy are still alive - solely based on the reel of people who bit the dust on The Talking Dead. It wouldn't be THAT easy to get rid of those jackasses.

Am I the only one who's kinda meh about Morgan being back? Maybe it's just because I can't really remember his situation last time he was on. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the folks who are on every week.

Confession: I didn't have a clue who he was. Even went so far as to argue with H that it was some random new character. So yeah, I'm meh about his return ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Maggie0829 said:

Confession: I didn't have a clue who he was. Even went so far as to argue with H that it was some random new character. So yeah, I'm meh about his return ;)
    I guess I'm "meh" too because I'm interested in how he's doing but would be okay with just a 5 minute recap.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sorry to dig this thread back up...but was talking to a coworker yesterday and he said that they alluded that Andrea came back as a zombie and was one of the zombies Carol killed by the tracks?! Did anyone else see that?  I guess the zombie had the same clothes and a dangling handcuff with a gunshot wound to the eye?  

• Options
    I'm glad you brought this thread back because I wasn't able to participate earlier since I watched it late lol.

I saw the handcuffs on the walker that Carol killed but totally forgot about how Andrea died, as far as specifics. I want to go back and re-watch that scene now!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Hmm, I didn't even think of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards