Oregon

Where and when are you having your bridal shower and bachelorette parties?

I'm interested in seeing where Oregon brides are having their bridal parties.  I'm getting married on August 6, 2011. My MOH is throwing my bridal shower on July 23rd at her home. If weather permits, we will have it on her patio.  It is going to be a home and lingerie party. My bachelorette party is going to be thrown by one of my bridesmaids at The Coyote Grill restaurant in Hillsboro. We'll have dinner and listen to a band. 
   A few months ago, my fiance and I went to Seaside.  There were two bridal showers at a restaurant/kareoke place called Pudgies.  One party had all of the girls wearing black dresses and bright purple bob wigs. MY FI and I thought it was cute so I got hot pink wigs for my bachelorette party.  Mine is going to be tame though.  My mom is coming along with my friends.
Katie

Re: Where and when are you having your bridal shower and bachelorette parties?

• edited December 2011

I am having a destination wedding in Pacific City on October 1st.  I don't think i'm having a shower, but we are going to do a low key bachelorette party in one of the rental houses the Thursday before the wedding.  The girls and I were thinking about having a Passion Party, but we are having trouble finding someone to come down to Pacific City, so we will have to wait and see.  For sure there will be silly male part decorations and silly games and champagne.  Not sure what else, other than I said NO strippers :P  My mom is coming to mine as well :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 120 Invited
    image 61 Are ready to party! image 59 Have better things to do image0 Are lollygagging
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not having a shower up here, but I am having my bach party. I don't know about the whole evening, but we're starting out at Marrakesh, a Moroccan restaurant, in NW Portland.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_having-bridal-shower-bachelorette-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:488e564c-f27b-45ec-b0ad-96a93597cc08Post:51217136-3232-4d60-8e8a-0d44a322ad26">Re: Where and when are you having your bridal shower and bachelorette parties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not having a shower up here, but I am having my bach party. I don't know about the whole evening, but we're starting out at Marrakesh, a Moroccan restaurant, in NW Portland.
    Posted by jessicapatrick2011[/QUOTE]

<div>YUM!  I love me some Marrakesh.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I just happen to be recovering from mine today! We went wine tasting in Dundee, Applebee's in Tualatin (coincidentally it was $1 Jello shot day at Applebee's- holler!), and then to Big Al's in Beaverton for Skeeball, bowling, and dancing. SO. MUCH. FUN!
  • StampinKraziStampinKrazi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my shower and bachelorett parties on the same weekend to accomodate the out of town guests.  They are going to be in mid-september.

For the bachelorette, we are going to rent a hotel room down town and hit some bars up and then go dancing.  Looking forward to it!
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend is throwing a dinner party with the bridal party that evening, then we're splitting up for the night and heading downtown for some dancing and drinks then they're surprising us with something fun, told us to pack an overnight bag and to plan on seeing eachother again at the end of the night? I kind of like that it's combined and seperate. Just our style ;)
  • edited December 2011
     I already had both my bridal shower and bachlorette parties as my wedding is august 5th 2011. I had my bridal shower at my friend's house and my bachlorette party was at Darcelle's. Also one of my BM's was kind enough to rent us a hotel room downtown. We stayed at the Benson and I highly recommend it. It was a nice room and very friendly staff. The hotel itself is beautiful especially if you are into vintage at all.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ReadingDiva, I LOVE your sig pic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards