Flowers
Options

Low flower centerpieces

hleigh10hleigh10 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited October 2014 in Flowers
The photo below is the flower inspiration for the long tables at my wedding. Does anyone know how to make the flowers really low like in this photo? I am going to make the floral centerpieces myself. Has anyone else done this?Just dig the colors

Re: Low flower centerpieces

• Options
    The key here will be low vases and short stems. Are you DIYing or using a florist? If using a florist, just show them this photo and tell them it's what you want. 

If DIYing, buy a bunch of flowers like the ones you'll be using and a few different size vases from Michael's or another craft store. Set them on a standard height table and sit across the table from your FI. See if you like the height. If not, play around with the stems and lower/taller height vases. Return the vases you don't like.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Do those look like roses in the photo?
  • Options
    I can't see the picture.

• Options
    There are definitely roses in there. The closest centerpiece to the front also looks it might possibly have hydrangea, but it's kind of hard to tell.
  • Options
    It looks more like a large flower garland instead of vases, but I could be wrong.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like they are made up of roses and hydrangeas.  But you could also use sweet peas and lisianthus and stock as well.  Even dark purple carnations would be really pretty as well (those are the only carnations I like).

These arrangements are most likely made up in very low, long boxes.

• Options

As SouthernBelle mentioned, it looks like you'd need to utilize short vases or boxes, in addition to cutting the stems short.  I'd leave spaces between them so that it's not just a long row of flowers on the table.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards