Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

10/11/2014 Wedding Review

So writing this review in the few hours before heading out to the honeymoon.  Wedding in Vegas was amazing!!  Here are my reviews:

1) Rehearsal Dinner - Maggianos - B+

We had the semi private room on the outdoor covered patio.  The weather was nice, they had a hookup to play music, and you could see the vegas strip.  Food was amazing and the desert was even better.  Definitely have the apple crisp for desert as it was quite tasty.  Everything went off without a hitch, although my mom did go complain that some of the food was not as warm as it could have been.  I'm not sure if they gave her a discount for that or not.  Also, although we didn't include drinks in our package, they did offer my DH and I drinks on the house as a congratulations.

2) Pre-wedding Party - Turnt Up Tours - B+

We had 16 people on the party bus with my group for only $40.  We stopped at Drais Nightclub, Body English at Hard Rock, and the Chateau at the Paris Hotel.  There were discounted drinks at the meetup location and free drinks on the party bus.  They also allowed us to select which drinks we wanted on the bus.  The only downside is I feel like they overbooked the party bus (and the other large group was trying to sneak additional ppl on the bus but luckily they removed them).  Even after removing the additional guests,  some ppl had to sit on laps as they probably booked 3-4 ppl too many.  At the end of the day, everyone had a blast and was still talking about the Party Bus Days Later.

3) Chapel - Paris Chapelle du Paradis - A

I was irritated at some points by the fact that it was difficult to get a hold of my coordinator.  However, once I understood that they all had access to the same files, I just called the main desk and spoke to the person that answered.  Everything about the day went off without a hitch and we even got the minister we wanted, Keith.  He did such an amazing ceremony that my guests were still talking about it afterwards.  My mom even wanted a copy of it.  Chapel was beautiful as well.

4) Reception Location - Bellagio Executive Parlor Suite - C

This suite was awesome.  2500 square feet, a bar, pool table, media room, 9 tvs, surround sound throughout, and seating for at least 27 ppl (we had about 35-40 guests).  So why did I give this a low rating?  I don't know if Bellagio has thin walls/floors, if they really aren't the place to have these types of events, or if we just had some really tightly wound neighbors, but we got two noise complaints.  Our reception started at 7pm, there were 35 guests, and we were playing music on the surround sound using an ipod.  It really wasn't very loud in my opinion (I mean we had aunts/uncles/grandparents in there ranging from 60-85 so it wasn't like we were having a wild crazy party but we were having a good time).  We were surprised at the first noise complaint since it came at 9:00pm on a Saturday night ...I mean who is sleeping at that time in Vegas?  We turned the music down so that you could barely hear it and most ppl left by 9:30.  There were maybe 5 ppl remaining and we got another noise compliant at 10:00pm.   At the end of the day, we only intended for the reception to be 2-3 hours so it didn't ruin our night, but it is too bad that it happened because the suite is an amazing place to have a party or reception.  The only other down side is that the surround sound in the media room is separate from that in the pool table area so we weren't able to play the music throughout the entire suite, but that was minor. 

5) Reception Food - Bellagio - Taste A+/Cost C

So I knew what I was getting into when I selected Bellagio.  It's expensive and they don't allow outside catering.  So I bit the bullet and paid for a cocktail reception.  I had a fruit tray, cheese tray, veggie tray, and then hot appetizers including spanakopita, beef wellington, veggie spring roles, chicken satay with peanut sauce, and chicken tenders.  Food was really good and we had a good amount for everyone.  Noone walked away hungry, which was really important to us since our reception was at 7pm.

5) Photography - Imagine Studios Las Vegas - B+

I haven't seen the photos yet so I can't fully review, but I definitely liked what I saw from them.  They are very artistic and I enjoyed the way they were creating images for video and photography.  They were also very fun and lively.  The only down side was that we didn't get a chance to take photos in more locations due to the timing (although I probably had the timing too tight for what I really wanted out of the photography for the day).  The guys had great personalities and I enjoyed having them share the day.

Re: 10/11/2014 Wedding Review

• Options
    Thanks for this! I am having my ceremony at  Paris Chapelle du Paradis, so it's nice to know that you had a good experience. Congrats on your wedding!! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the reviews! How long did you use Imagine Studios?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your wedding and thank you for the reviews! Do you know the names of the people you had from Imagine?
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! I also was married on 10/11/14 <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for this! We are considering Maggianos for our reception dinner, and I like the look of the semi private outdoor room. My Dad is concerned about noise pollution from the mall (I remember the advertisements being very noisy out the front of the mall). Did this bother you at all? 
    How many did you have at the meal? There'll be maybe 15 of us, is that too few?
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!
  • Options

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and congrats to you too kristiana!  Just got back from the honeymoon and catching up on emails. 

hmgifor and teena, I had photography for 4.5 hours and videography for 4 hours.  This included the ceremony photo cd, video dvd, and the movie cinema.  We had Sam for photography and Alex for videography.     

finallymrsroberts, we didn't experience any noise from the mall and our dinner was 6:00 on a Friday night.  We had 25 people on the semi-private patio for dinner.  I personally liked the look of patio better than the private dining rooms if you are going for a less formal/more casual feel.  The food was amazing!

• Options
    Thanks for replying! They've quoted us $500 minimum for the patio, which seems really cheap compared to quotes I've had from everywhere else. Do you mind me asking how much your bill came to?  
  • Options
    FinallyMrsRoberts,

They quoted us a $1000 minimum, but it was probably due to the time of the year (early October and especially a holiday weekend was very popular).  We ended up picking the menu that was about $45 per person (and that was more than enough food for everyone).  We originally weren't going to have any liquor, but decided at the dinner to get a few bottles of wine.  I haven't seen the total bill (I gave money to my mother for the dinner and she hasn't given me the full bill yet) but I believe it ended up around $1500 for 25 people.   My finances mom was originally concerned when we picked Maggiano's for the welcome dinner because she thought some people wouldn't like Italian.  However, we had a variety of appetizers, pastas, meals, and deserts and everyone was really impressed.  They all commented on how good the food was and several people packed up some of the apple crisp desert to take back with them (we were too full to eat it all)!

• Options
    Congrats! Loved your review. Yes we got 2 noise complaints by 9pm too! Our recep ended by 9:30. Exactly it Vegas, a Sat night, it's before 10pm and your complaining? I found that ridiculous. We also turned it down and it seem to fix the problem. We were at the Delano.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Do you think you have been able to 'sneak' in outside catering? They're prices are so overcharged....lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards