Hawaii

Any advice or tips

Hello everyone. This is all new to me. This is my first time getting married. And my fiancé decided to get married on the beach in Maui. Our wedding is in August 2015. Date to be determined. Anybody has any advice on a DJ, bakery, florist, salon for hair & nails, photographers or videographer, musician or singer for the ceremony, reception hall or even a place to print out things for a programs, little thank you cards, etc., a place that you can pick up customized invites if I were to order them online, jewelry store for bridesmaids gifts. Anything like that can I please get advice. I've been overwhelmed with everything. I can really use the help. Thank you very much.

Re: Any advice or tips

• I'd suggest searching back through older posts to find recommendations.  This board used to be pretty busy, but it's much slower now.  I got married on Oahu, so I can't help, but remember that you do need a permit ($20, last I heard) to get married on public beaches, and you are not allowed any structures.  No chairs, arches, etc.  It could be pretty hard on your guests who need to sit.  If you'r booking a private beach, then you're ok.  

For printing things, we did a lot through Vistaprint.  Lots of your stuff can be bought at home and brought with you.  We hit the wedding shop in our home town and packed an extra suitcase with cards, place holders, etc.  You can also do a lot of your jewellery and gifts at home too.      

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards