Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday Chat

2»

Re: Tuesday Chat

• Options
    Yesterday was 8 months until our wedding so now today my ticker is in the 7 month range, that's so scary!

• Options

Thanks everyone!!

@eilis1228 Yeah...I think they make a bigger deal out of the "drama" than there actually is. Like I sat FI's grandma at the same table as his great-grandma (FI's grandpa's mother!) so obviously it makes sense for them to be at the same table...they are part of the same family. FMIL was like...oh she may not like that very much. I told FMIL that grandma will just have to put on her big girl panties for a few hours and deal with it. If I get myself put on the shit list for something like that then I really don't care. It's her problem, not mine.

@KeptInStitches That's my list for TODAY only lol. :) I have more objectives to complete for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

• Options

Thanks ladies! My grandparents are pretty special to me. I'm the oldest of 14 grandkids on that side of the family...so this will be their first GREAT grandbaby. Pretty exciting stuff. I'm just so glad to still have them in my life. I know not everyone gets to keep their grandparents as long as I have.

@LaPeanut1018 - I can't believe you're only 4 days away! How are you feeling. I was pretty chill the week of our wedding...other than packing. I had a lot of packing to do!

• Options
    @allusive007 I'm doing pretty good! I was super stressed out about our final bill for the venue but that came in under my estimates so once we got past that I felt great! Nearly all of my wedding stuff is done...just some small things like decorating a large chalkboard for the entrance and printing out the table numbers. On Saturday I won't have to do anything at all so I'll just be able to 100% enjoy the day.

• Options
    @loves2shop4shoes I only speak the truth! You busted your butt to launch an amazing website, and you've always been passionate about the job itself. It's not like your boss can just forget all those awesome things. Sure, you screwed up, but it's not the end of the world. <3

@LaPeanut1018 LOL I think they can act like adults and sit together for a night. It's not like everyone will be sitting the entire time anyway. I think you have the right attitude about it :) And your wedding will still be amazing regardless of their drama. 

Work just got a little crazier! They're changing out the carpets here starting Monday. With my absolutely crazy allergy and sinus issues, my boss REALLY wants me to work from home for the week, and she's even suggesting I work from home the week after it's installed to allow the fumes from the glue time to dissipate. I'm totally on board with that, but they hired a temp to take over the second job I've been handling, and for whatever reason that person is starting Monday when all the chaos begins. I would need to come in and train for at least part of the day. My boss just told me that when I go to my allergist appointment in the morning, I need to get a doctor's note saying that I can't be anywhere near the office during the next two weeks. LOL I love how she's thinking of ways to keep me out of the office. She's seriously an amazing boss.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@swazzle, Brody is adorable! Congratulations on your new furbaby! Glad your mom is doing OK and that her problem can be treated with medication.

@allusive007, your grandparents are so cute, especially your grandpa! What a fun way to tell them the good news. :)

@lapeanut1018, best to-do list EVER! Sending you lots of adrenaline and good vibes for getting through this week. It's almost party time!

@loves2shop4shoes, aw, I'm sorry about the arguing and the work stuff. =/ Like @eilis1228 said, you have done awesome things for them, and it's not like you were spending this week just counting down to your vacation; you were actually WORKING on stuff, so I hope your boss is understanding about everything. Just think, a couple more days and you can forget all about this crap for a little while!

Today is a day of friends and errands. I met up with a girlfriend for lunch and just got back home I'm going to catch up a bit on financial stuff and do some belated menu planning and grocery shopping for the week. Tonight I'm meeting up with a friend and his wife for a while; not sure what we're all doing yet.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the job I'm hoping to get. I know I need to put on my patience pants, especially since I took my sweet time in turning in paperwork, but it's hard! I'm so ready to get started! Hopefully by the end of the week I'll know something.

• Options

@swazzle - I love your new kitty and I'm so glad that your mom is going to be ok!

@lapeanut1018 - I can't believe how quickly time has passed and I can't wait to see your pictures

@allusive007 - that is so cute!  their reaction is precious!

This weekend we didn't do much since H left yesterday out of town for work.  Friday we got dinner and went to stalk our house.  Saturday we did some errands out and about. W e were supposed to have dinner with friends but they had to reschedule till lunch the next day.  Sunday was laundry and packing for the H and then lunch with the friends.  This was a close friend so it took her all of 5 seconds before she asked if I was pregnant.  I was feeling good until late yesterday and this morning.  Good God morning sickness is NO JOKE!

Formerly doubless07
  • Options
    I missed your announcement @baytoSA2013, congrats!!

• Options
    I don't know about all of you, but my Tuesday is seriously feeling like a Monday. I would like to go crawl in a hole now.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I just worked through lunch because I'm that desperate to GTFO.

I love lunch. You could say I live for lunch on work days.

Get me out of here!

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Today IS my Monday and it is balls. I'm so behind on answering emails that I've been typing all damn day. And tomorrow is my Friday, and I feel like I have a million things to do!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm a day late responding, but wanted to chime in!  I've been crazy busy at work, and this is the first time I've had a moment to breathe.

@swazzle Brody is adorable! Hope he plays nice with the others! Or they play nice with him!

@allusive007 your grandparents reaction was so adorable! And I love those mugs!

@eilis1228 that is awesome that your boss is so concerned about you not having a reaction!

CLoGreenEyes fingers crossed you hear from the job soon! 

The costume party on Friday ended up being a bust.  Only 3 other people dressed up, so I was in my costume for all of 10 minutes before I changed into comfy clothes. And of course completely forgot to take a picture of how awesome bf & I looked (we'll have to recreate the costumes for Halloween).  And because of the rain we didn't go to beerfest, but I did start packing and am halfway.  

Drywall is probably going up next week so we may be moving by the end of the month; worst case scenario midNovember :-D  And even though we're not moving in yet, I'm already decorating our front porch because that's really all I can do right now. 

Tonight I have an appt with my orthopedist to see if my cast is coming off, after being so disappointed last appointment, I do not have my hopes up at all.   If it comes off, I'll be put in a walking boot and have to do physical therapy.  Either way I'm rewarding myself with a shopping spree at Ann Taylor; they're having a 75% off the lowest price sale online and I have a $30 giftcard.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards