Texas-Houston
Options

Attire Reviews - Picture Heavy

WEDDING DRESSES

MORI LEE - I bought my Julietta By Mori Lee Dress Style 3106 Delicate Chiffon with Beading at a second hand store, then had sleeves added. image

TRASHY DIVA.  - I bought my reception dress here, the Candice Gwen Honey Dress, then had it altered to add sleeves and I crystalled the bust myself. Lots of fun retro looks here, also some great ideas for bridesmaids dresses. 

BRIDESMAID

DAVID’S BRIDAL VIA AMAZON - Our bridesmaids wore the Short Satin Off-the-Shoulder A-Line with Ruching in Plum. We bought them from Amazon.com at a discount. I also added crystal brooches from Amazon for some sparkle. 

FLOWER GIRL

KIDSDREAMSUSA FROM ETSY - The flower girl got an ivory flower girl dress from Etsy with plum ribbon. The price was great at under $40, but it was made in china, not handmade. That seemed fair for the price. The color was more yellow-ivory than the picture shows, but it didn’t look bad once it was on her. image

CRYSTAL BROOCHES

EVER FAITH VIA AMAZON  - Wow were these brooches a steal! I got ” Bridal 4 Inch Silver-Tone Teardrop 2 Orchid Clear Austrian Crystal Brooch N02854-1” and “Wedding Silver-Tone Flower Leaf Brooch Pendant Clear Austrian Crystal A02600-12” for under $16 each. They were comparable to jewelery sold at High Fashion Fabric and other bridal stores but for a fraction of the price!

VEIL AND EARRINGS

MARRY GO ROUND - I bought a cathedral length veil with double sided crystals for $128 and a beautiful pair of earrings for $25. They are a wedding consignment store, I recommend checking them out. You can sell your wedding items there after your big day and they give you 50% of the item price once it is sold.

ALTERATIONS

BRASS THIMBLE

Maria and the folks at the Brass Thimble are amazing! They do quality work at the best price in Houston. I brought in a strapless wedding dress and asked for her help to custom make elbow length sleeves. She advised me on what fabric to buy and then designed just what I wanted. In addition to the sleeves, she created a panel for my dress, added a 1 button bustle, took in the bust, and fixed an unraveled hem on the ceremony dress. Then I brought in a reception dress and she took out the torso, added sleeves and hemmed the dress, all work on both dresses for under $275! We brought the maid of honor dress in to sew up the cleavage line a little and add a brooch to the dress and we brought in suits for pant hemming and fitting. Needless to say they did a great job on everything.
Everyone here is very friendly and accommodating. Going to the Brass Thimble is well worth the drive, I'll never go to another alterations place again. I recommend them to everyone!

They took my dress from this
to this

CRYSTALS

DREAMTIME CREATIONS

I crystalled EVERYTHING: my dress, my veil, my shoes, my cake topper. I couldn’t have done it without the Crystal Katana tool, the mat, E6000 glue and the Swarovski crystals at Dreamtime Creations.

SHOES

BLUE BY BESTY JOHNSON

I bought the Joy flats because they had an ankle strap and you weren’t really going to be able to see my feet under my ceremony dress so I wanted to be comfy. The crystals on the shoes were a bluish iridescent so I ended up removing about half of them and adding clear Swarovski crystals in different sizes. I LOVE the result.

VERY FINE DANCE SHOES – CUSTOMIZED

I have a wide foot so I needed shoes that would be comfortable and not too tall. I had nude salsa shoes custom made with a 2 ¼ inch heel. Then I added Swarovski crystals all over those babies and my shoes ended up being prettier than Cindarella’s slippers, and comfy to boot.

GROOMS CLOTHING

SUIT SUPPLY

Had a custom tailored suit and vest made for the groom. We looked at every department store (Dillards, Macys, Neiman, Nordstrom, Saks) and no one had anything comparable for the price. For the 3 piece suit we spent about $650. We also got really nice Italian leather shoes and a nice cream colored tie here. This is definitely an investment, but it is a classic suit that was impeccably tailored and he’ll use it for years to come.

Re: Attire Reviews - Picture Heavy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards