October 2014 Weddings
Options

Vendor Tipping Etiquette

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get views on what the standard practice / etiquette for tipping wedding vendors is, including:

- florist
- photographer
- hair stylist
- band
- ceremony musician

Thanks!

Alex

Re: Vendor Tipping Etiquette

• Options

We just got married on Sunday. I looked it up and there are only certain vendors you should tip/it is expected. That being said we honestly only tipped our driver who drove us to the hotel after the reception. Our florist already charges a service/delivery fee so I decided not to tip her. I will probably send a thank you card and write a really nice review since our flowers were BEAUTIFUL. Photographer will most likely get a $25-$50 gift card after we get our pictures if not before. He posed a sneak peak of 2 pictures and I love them. My hairstylist/MUA told me not to worry about tip but she's a family friend so I threw in an extra $20 for her. She also did 6 other peoples hair and then a 3 year old. She had an assistant so they made out pretty well. She also gave me a break on my hair & makeup. Only charged me $120 when she normally charges $250 for brides. Our DJ will probably also get a giftcard soon as well along with a thank you card.

I think its really up to you and your budget.

• Options
    We tipped:
    Officiant
    DoC
    Caterer
    MUA/hair

Everyone else we just paid like a regular vendor. We basically tipped people that we had a lot of interaction with in person.
  • Options
    We are tipping our serving staff, bartender and DJ. We will be doing a nice GC for our photogs when we get the pictures back. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ok, so I should have scrolled down further before posting about tipping just now haha.  My bad!  I thought I was up on most of the threads in here but guess not.  This is definitely helpful, I feel better about not tipping florist and baker now.

For reference, the post I just accidentally made: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1042733/tipping#latest
  • Options
    We tipped:
    Wedding Planner
    Limo Driver/other transportation
    Photographer we gave $20 to, I might send a GC after I get the pics back.
    Violinist
    Dress Alterations person (She did an amazing job at a decent price)
    Place that steamed/dropped off my dress (it was a holiday that the store itself was closed and she helped me hide the dress).
    Reverend/Officiant
    Dinner - normal tip
    Hair/Makeup artists

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards