Oregon

Venue=stress

I sort of feel like I am down to the wire here. I have been looking at venues for a while now and can't seem to find the perfect one. Some of my most favorites are already booked for next summer (we are planning a late July/any saturday in august wedding) so that is to be expected. I was just wondering if some of you might have any advice/experience on some of the venues I am currently waiting to hear back from. These include Cubanismo Vineyards and Vista Hills.

I also had a question about Mcmenamin's CPR. I have been hearing on many posts here that they only charge you for the food minimum and then you get the venue cost waived and this included tables, chairs, etc. I recently contacted them and in the information I was sent it says that tables, linens, chairs, and dancefloor available for additional cost. Is this new? I have yet to contact them back.

I would also appreciate any other venue reccomendations you may have. My only restrictions are 1.) there can not be a gazebo on the property I have a strange dislike for gazebos :) 2.) I would like to stay around 3,000 for venue rental and would hope this may include chairs, tables, and perhaps linens as well (does not need to include catering or anything of that sort) 3.) Fiance and I would prefer an outdoor location as well

Thank you in advance for any and all advice. I really feel stuck here and I am going a bit crazy with all this venue research.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Venue=stress

• edited December 2011
    Try Jacktown Estates.  Reasonable price.  Can have outdoor wedding.  No gazebos on property.  Secluded location in Beaverton OR.  See it in person not just photos on website.  http://www.jacktownestates.com/ Ask her about tables and linens, b/c I was able to get quite a few from her very cheaply.  Good luck!
  • dutchgrl678dutchgrl678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at CPR but that was in 2006 not sure if it changed since then. The food and drink minimum included the tables, chairs, and linens. We paid extra to get a tent between the barns in case of rain but we shared the cost with the couple that got married the night before. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• edited December 2011
    We got married at CPR in 2007.  Since they have different event spaces available, what's included in the rental fee may vary.  For us, the basic chairs, tables, and linens were included.  We could have paid more more a different color or an upgraded chair, but decided not to (and CPR ended up setting up the pricier white wooden chairs for our ceremony anyway, free of charge).

I would call/ email them to clarify their pricing structure- never hurts to ask :)
  • southpaw97209southpaw97209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Aleesha.

I used to work for McMenamins and they do charge a chair fee for outside ceremonies but not for reception set up or for linens.  Occasionally there is a re-set fee if the same chairs are used for ceremony AND reception.  McMenamins properties overall are good deals.

If you like the barn setting, I know of a private residence in West Linn that holds weddings and there are multiple other barn locations around.  Vista Hills is beautiful but there are MANY other wineries and properties in wine country.
  • ahleeshaahleesha member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions and advice! We ended up going with Vista Hills and can not be more excited :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards