October 2014 Weddings
Options

Everything That Could Go Wrong

So far I feel like everything that could go wrong has TOTALLY GONE WRONG!!!!!! I have one day left until my wedding day 10/17 and so far this is what has happened.....I got my dresses hemmed and bustled but I'm really not happy with the bustle (will show a picture)....Sunday I met up with the florist/decorator and gave her all of the decorations (table linens/burlap runners/mason jars/tealights/rental items/party favors/ect.) and then Monday comes along and I find out she has to have emergency surgery!!! She ended up having surgery yesterday and has had a wonderful recovery but has now appointed others to do the work for her which I totally understand but...... this situation has been totally out of my hands/control and I feel so stressed out about it...guess there is really nothing I can do =( FI family has offered to help set up the venue but they are supposed to be my guests!! I guess I should look at the positive side of it all....Then today we went to pick up the tux rental and they gave us the wrong size and color!!!!! =( now tomorrow that is just one more thing I have to run an errand for to go back and p/u!!! Urrghhhh!! Also I went to p/u my gifts for my dad and the best man which are tiny mason jar shot glasses etched with a message from us and whomever did it spelt the words completely wrong!! So luckily I had two more of the shot glasses so they are going to fix them for me and so then I have to p/u those tomorrow as well!!!! I hate last minute changes or just rushing in general!!! My little sister has her SAT test on Friday morning (hair appt was made for 9 am months ago) and she just found this out on Friday!! So now it will just be me and MOH staying at the bridal cottage the night before the wedding and arriving together at our hair/makeup appt......and I know this isn't the end of the world it's just another thing that has to be changed at the last minute!!!! So at this point and time I have no idea what my ceremony/reception décor/flowers are going to look like or who is going to set it up/take it down!!! I know it will all come together but so much stress right at the last second is killing me!!!! I definitely would recommend hiring a wedding coordinator and having Plans A, B and C for the next bride that comes along!

Re: Everything That Could Go Wrong

• Options
    Just know the most important thing is that your marrying your FI. And believe that everything will come together and be beautiful for your day. I doubted and stressed last weekend when I got married. Things happened (like couldn't find my shoes for the wedding) and not everything went exactly as planned, but everything was beautiful. And it will be for you too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards