Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Chit-Chat

We're almost at the weekend! Anyone have great weekend plans they're looking forward to?

I have nothing planned for the weekend, except maybe going hiking with FI and our dog. Tonight though, I'm looking forward to going to play trivia at our local bar. We used to play every once in a while, and never even came close to placing, but two weeks ago we came in 2nd place and won a $25 gift certificate to the bar! So we'll be putting that to use tonight and hoping to do well again. Most of the other teams have 4-8 people, so I'm pretty proud that just the two of came in 2nd. Hoping it wasn't a fluke and we can pull it off again! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thursday Chit-Chat

• I hope your weather is better than mine and you get your hike in! It's BFs great aunts 90th birthday this weekend so we're driving out to her place to celebrate that. Sunday is just football and tidying the house. I've fallen way behind on the chores this week.
  • @hummingbird125 - Kick ass at trivia tonight! 

I'm FINALLY starting to feel better today! This cold has been kicking my ass but I think the tables have turned. 

I have another busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow night I'm going to a magazine launch party. Saturday I'll spend the day packing up the apartment and then H and I have our first Devils home game of the season that night. Sunday will be more packing and my Eagles have a bye this week. 

• beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2014
    That sounds like fun @hummingbird125 FREE BOOZE! 

No big plans for the weekend. Bean has his lesson on Saturday morning and then soccer Saturday night. After that, Donald is going to drop him at his buddy's house for a sleep over, and then Donald is going out with the guys for a friend's birthday. No-Uh and I will be chillin' at home...all by our lonesomes. I hate being in the house by myself. Watched too damn many Criminal Minds episodes. 

Saturday is my parent's wedding anniversary. They had been divorced for years (many don't know the looooooong drawn out story of my parents splitting, the short version is my mom caught dad cheating when I was 11, a few days later Dad moved out-the day I turned 12, dad is now married to that woman-but we actually all get along and love her now, just took time), but I always celebrated the day with Mom, because it was the day that I became a possibility. It was always tough and bittersweet for mom, so I would buy her flowers and either take her out or make her dinner to say "Thanks for marrying him and making me." Since I can't get out to her grave on Saturday, I'm going to take her flowers on Sunday. 

After that I'll go grocery shopping and meal plan for the week. This week I'm doing all crock pot meals because I'm trying to see if that's easier for Donald to help prepare during the day. By the time I get home, I'm so beat. Once I nurse No-Uh I have to jump right back up to start making dinner and then we end up eating late. So we're trying out a whole bunch of meals that I pinned and seeing how we like them/add them to our regular rotation.

And maybe somewhere in the middle of all of that, I'll get to relax for a few moments.

eta: to remove the apostrophe from Minds because I'm a dipshit.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @Swazzle - glad you're starting to feel better!

@Hummingbird125 - good luck at trivia, hopefully you'll place again!

this weekend?  hmmm.  well today I'm off work at 3:30.  I'm going to go home, change really fast, and then squeeze in my work out before my piano students come.  I want to do a 5K plus warm up and cool down.  it's going to be a little hot (85 deg) but if I don't do it before lessons, it'll be too late and dark after!

tomorrow I'm off work at 11.  I was going to have lunch with my mom and have her help me groom the dogs for our family photos coming up, but she's mad at me (again, story of my life) so she is canceling plans.  I'm trying to find a dog groomer that can do my pups the way I like (the traditional Cairn Terrier look, not a Westie look) so I don't have to depend on my mom anymore.  but mostly, I'm just sad because she doesn't like me the way she likes my brother...  and he is so mean to her.  so I have all the feels today!!

anyway, I guess I'll go home and do a work out when I get off at lunch Friday and then H and I will do grocery shopping and eat dinner and I'm sure I'll have to study for my class on Saturday.

Saturday will be my PMP class, studying, and a work out.  I need to get down and wash all our winter/cold weather stuff, so I guess I'll do that.  and maybe a little DIY project around the house.

Sunday we're having a special service!  we're starting at noon instead of 10 AM, with a meal.  it's our multicultural celebration Sunday, so we'll have foods from around the world.  we'll have a service at 2 PM and then that's it!  I'm glad to have the evening off, normally we have a morning and an evening service.  so that'll be nice.

and then back to work on Monday.  my, how the weekend flies!
  • Today is my Friday, yay!!!

I needed to start burining vacation days so I took one tomorrow.  H also has off so the plan is to go into the city, do either MOMA or The Met and then stick around for dinner.  It's a sort of celebration for being together 5 years.  Tonight I really have to finish getting the invitations together for my sister's baby shower.  Did anyone else watch AHS last night? I was sort of bored with it, and just found somethings didn't make sense.

We actually have no other plans the rest of the weekend.  I wouldn't mind getting some yard work done.  I think we're cat sitting for a friend too this weekend.  I also need to get to the vegetable market as well. 

Anniversary

• Tonight is laundry night which i'm not real excited about   -_-  Laundry is the worst chore.

Tomorrow night is our date night so we're going to the movies to see Annabelle. I'm so excited!! I also get my first paycheck tomorrow :)

Saturday I'm heading to my hometown to see my sister and nephew.  Then we're stopping by the orchard and getting some cider and pumpkins!  I dont think we have anything planned Saturday night.  We'll probably go out to eat or do some grocery shopping.

On Sunday H has to play all 4 services again -_-  and I might be running sound for the evening service, so that pretty much consumes our day.  Luckily, H has next weekend off!
    Anniversary

• @hummingbird125 - kick ass at trivia! One time when we all are together we should go to trivia - I'm a ringer. 

@swazzle - START PACKING CAUSE YOU HAVE A HOUSEEEEEEE!!! 

@beanbot2002 - you can make yourself feel less alone by sending me allll the pictures of you & No-Uh. :)

@cocobellaF - I hope you can figure out something with grooming for the dogs! I'm sure they'll look adorable, regardless :)

@peaseblossom55 - I didn't watch AHS last night... because I can't watch it in the dark. Especially this season with that damn clown. Daylight only, thankyouverymuch.

@severmilli12 - I'm jealous of your orchard trip! I haven't had one cider donut this year because I'm behaving, and I want ALL OF THEM IN MY FACE!! So eat one for me, k??

Tonight after work, FI & I will head across the river to go find a housewarming gift for his brother & SIL. We're going out towards Boston tomorrow to spend the weekend with them. (I'm thinking wine, obviously, and then just have to figure out what else to put with it.) Hopefully we have a fun weekend with them!

*******************************************************************************************

• @goldenpenguin I have no clown issues, but that clown is creepy as hell.

Anniversary

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

@beanbot2002 - All the hugs to you. 

@Swazzle - Yeah for house packing!!!

@CocoBellaF - A 5K in 85 degrees sounds like a LOT of work.  Good for you!

@Hummingbird125 - Good luck at trivia!

----------------------------

Today is off to an iffy start.  I had a meltdown yesterday.  It was H's mom's birthday so I sent her flowers and a cake to India, which she loved, but she said what she really wanted for her birthday was a grandchild. I laughed it off but everytime we speak that is all she mentions and it just reminds me how I'm ready for kids and H isn't.  So of course I had a good cry.  H did say he wanted to revisit the subject of kids by the end of the year at least so that was positive.

In addition today I'm very sore. The top of my right foot is very sore and swollen and my left foot pinky is one giant blister.  I guess that is what I get for walking about 20-22 miles in the last two days.  I love my walks so time flies when I do them but, ouch.  Today I opted for a shorter 8 mile bike ride instead.  Not as much fun as my walks but equally good.

This weekend H and I are working on our downstairs bathroom.  We have to reframe the bathroom because the inspector said the door needs to be 32 inches not 30 (despite the fact that ALL the doors in our house are 30 inches).  I hate those guys sometimes.

Ok, I'm done complaining.  :)

• @hummingbird125, have fun at trivia!

@swazzle, yay for recovery!

@beanbot2002, if you get any good crock pot meals, feel like sharing?

@peaseblossom55, have fun in the city!

@severmilli12, have fun at the orchard!
    ---
    No weekend plans that I'm aware of. FI is taking off this morning and all day tomorrow, while I clock hours at work and edit manuscripts and write a white paper.

The asbestos removal jerks finally deposited the check, so hallelujah for the checkbook (truly) balancing for the first time in over a month.

Tomorrow night is gaming, as usual. Saturday is quiet as far as I'm aware. Sunday my MOH and I are going to "watch" the Hawks-Rams game together - she's a huge Seahawks fan and I love football, so it works for us. We watch on network TV if we can (I don't always have the game because I'm not in local market) and on FantasyCast if we can't. And we talk about the plays on Facebook. It's great fun. She and I haven't gotten to "watch" any of the games together yet this year, so I'm really really looking forward to that.

Otherwise I'm knitting like a madwoman. Cast on a purple blanket last night - I sold the one I had blocked last weekend. Now I need another "girl color" for the craft show. Didn't sell it to a baby, either - a family had a request to "tuck Grandma in" in her casket, so they bought it from me. It gave them great comfort, but it was emotionally difficult for me. I don't think I'll be selling any more blankets that way.
  • @Hummingbird125 That sounds like a good weekend! I love trivia. 

@Swazzle Glad you are feeling better! Hopefully the packing goes quickly for you!

@beanbot2002 That's the reason I'm afraid to be in my apartment by myself! I just got done binge watching the entire series of Criminal Minds. 

@CocoBellaF That sounds like a busy weekend! Hope you can find someone to groom your dogs. 

@Peaseblossom55 I haven't watched any of this season yet. I've heard mixed reviews on it, though. 

@severmilli12 I am also jealous of your orchard trip! BF and I have talked about going so we can get pumpkins to carve, but we will probably just end up getting them from Walmart or something. 

@GoldenPenguin I have clown issues that keep me from watching AHS. I like to be able to sleep at night.

@minskat30 I hope your foot recovers soon!

@KeptInStitches That sounds like a very emotional project. At least the family got comfort out of it. 

This weekend and this next week I will be super busy. Everything that was up in the air last week is settling down now. I'm now moving in with BF, and I got a part time seasonal job at the department store here. I also have a job interview today at a girls' group home, so I'm hoping that goes well. 

This weekend is homecoming at my alma mater, so I get to go see my sorority sisters and friends, which will be awesome. Then I have to go home on Sunday or Monday and start packing up all of my stuff at my parents house, and help them get ready for their move to Maine. 
  • @Hummingbird125 That sounds like a good weekend! I love trivia. 

@Swazzle Glad you are feeling better! Hopefully the packing goes quickly for you!

@beanbot2002 That's the reason I'm afraid to be in my apartment by myself! I just got done binge watching the entire series of Criminal Minds. 

@CocoBellaF That sounds like a busy weekend! Hope you can find someone to groom your dogs. 

@Peaseblossom55 I haven't watched any of this season yet. I've heard mixed reviews on it, though. 

@severmilli12 I am also jealous of your orchard trip! BF and I have talked about going so we can get pumpkins to carve, but we will probably just end up getting them from Walmart or something. 

@GoldenPenguin I have clown issues that keep me from watching AHS. I like to be able to sleep at night.

@minskat30 I hope your foot recovers soon!

@KeptInStitches That sounds like a very emotional project. At least the family got comfort out of it. 

This weekend and this next week I will be super busy. Everything that was up in the air last week is settling down now. I'm now moving in with BF, and I got a part time seasonal job at the department store here. I also have a job interview today at a girls' group home, so I'm hoping that goes well. 

This weekend is homecoming at my alma mater, so I get to go see my sorority sisters and friends, which will be awesome. Then I have to go home on Sunday or Monday and start packing up all of my stuff at my parents house, and help them get ready for their move to Maine. 
    Where are they moving to?? I'm our resident Maineiac :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• No weekend plans for me..... WHICH I'M THRILLED ABOUT!

My weekends are really short, since I work on Saturdays. This is the first weekend in WEEKS where we aren't spending it doing something, going somewhere, etc. I am going to lie in bed. Nap. Maybe read. Other things wink wink. I can't wait.
  • @minskat30 I'm sorry to hear about your MIL.  My mom is the same way with pressuring us it's gotten so annoying.  I've kept talking with her to a minimum.  Yay for discussing the issue this year! It's hard to be ready when your H is not.

Anniversary

• thanks!  I have narrowed it down to two groomers, so I'm going to get some photos and recommendations and hopefully use one of them!  I'm just tired of my mom taking things away when she's upset or mad, so instead of playing the game with her I'm taking control and refusing to play.  it still hurts, though.

@minskat30 - I'm sorry that she hurt your feelings.  your H is from a different culture, right?  I know my H's mom will say and do things that are hurtful, but it's because it's considered "okay" in their culture.  it doesn't mean that it hurts any less, though.
  • @minskat30 Ugh, pushy MILs are the worst. I'm so sorry she's relentless about a touchy subject. :( 

@peaseblossom55 Tomorrow sounds it will be fabulous! Enjoy your time together in the city, and happy 5 years! 

@beanbot2002 Please post any really successful recipes you try! I've been meaning to use my crock pot more as well.

@swazzle I'm so glad you feel better! Good luck packing everything! :)

@hummingbird125 Good luck at trivia night! I hope you win another gift card!

@CocoBellaF I'm sorry your mom is being such a butthead :( 

@GoldenPenguin I love Boston! Enjoy your weekend there! 

@KeptInStitches Wow, that's really intense. Not at all what you envisioned for that blanket! I'm glad you were able to help them in their time of need, but I don't blame you for being a little stunned by it either. Wow.

@severmilli12 How have you already been married for more than a month? Time is flying!

I freaked out about ebola last night. I need to stay away from social media for a while because it's just making me panic. FI was able to distract me with a Lego Christmas Village piece that was delivered yesterday, which helped. I went to bed late and didn't get to work out anyway because my arms were hurting from my allergy shots.

I woke up this morning with a nose bleed. It took 30 minutes to clot, so I was running around like a crazy person trying to get to work. Luckily I didn't need to make my lunch because we're taking my boss out for Boss's Week. She doesn't know WHY we're going, so it will be fun. We're also having cookies delivered later today. Hopefully that will cheer everyone up-- we're all in very blah moods here. 

FI is working late tonight again, but he's got a couple of hours where he'll be home to see me. He wants to get his hair cut and his car washed before we go to Austin tomorrow, and then he wants to go to Half Price Books afterwards. At some point I'll fit in dinner, a workout, and packing... I can sleep when I'm dead I guess. 

Tomorrow we're going to leave work a little early and drive down to Austin. We're staying with my aunt, so we'll take her out to dinner as a thank you and probably have a quiet night at her house. Saturday morning I need to drive down and pick up my old roommate and help her wrap the gift we got for the baby shower (a stroller... I just know we're going to have some Lucy and Ethel moments). Baby shower starts around 11 and lasts until 3ish. Afterwards, FI and I will hang out with my cousin and his wife (not related to the aunt we're staying with). We'll probably grab dinner and drinks or something. Then Sunday FI and I will come back home and do normal errands. Monday I have to come in to train someone to take over the second job I've been helping out with, and then I'll be working from home the rest of next week while they install new carpets at the office.

Apparently I may also have part 1 of my engagement photos done next week too. Waiting on the photographer to send me a list of available dates. Was not expecting it to be so soon... eek! Ordered a couple of props on Amazon last night, and I need to figure out the hair and makeup situation. Since these pics are outdoors, I'll probably do normal, straight hair and some sort of natural makeup. I'll have to do some YouTube research to see what will photograph as natural.

We also booked our photo booth last night, so I'm happy. All the pertinent WR things are getting taken care of, and soon I'll be able to relax. 

Also.... tell me why I loaded up my cart on David's Tea with $50 worth of tea? Oi vey. I closed out before actually buying everything because I realized I had no business spending $50 on TEA right now. Geez. I'm a goober.

• @eilis1228 I have no idea. It really has flown by. I feel like our wedding was just a week or two ago!
    Anniversary

• @GoldenPenguin If I remember correctly, I believe they said they are looking at properties in the South Portland area.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

Thanks @Bookishgiraffes@TwoDimes @Eilis1228 @CocoBellaF and @Peaseblossom55

And, yes, @CocoBellaF - H's Mom (and H) are from India. You hit the nail on the head that it isn't MIL being insensitive on purpose but it is more of a cultural thing.  To be married more than a year without a peep regarding pregnancy is highly unusual for them culturally. Plus she is in her 70s and H is her only married son. I feel added pressure with her age and I understand why she wants it to happen already.

@Peaseblossom55 - Yeah, I've taken to leaving the room when H Facetimes with her because she is relentless.  H said he would talk with her...which I think is only fair given the circumstances. 

• @minskat30 since my mom is the annoying one I talk to her about it and tell her how uncomfortable we feel about the pressure- joking or not. 

Anniversary

• Happy thursday everybody! I am in a great mood today. Went for a run this morning before work, which always perks me up for the day.

But on top of that, BF and I FINALLY booked a vacation! It's nothing glamorous, we're just going to Arizona, but he is such a pain to plan anything with. We will be at the Grand Canyon two days before our 2 year anniversary! Not getting too excited for anything "special" to happen, but I am extremely excited to hike into the canyon, and take a couple of days off of work. Haven't done that since last Christmas!

Also, for creepy clowns, watch (or avoid) The Last Circus. AWESOME and beautiful foreign film about crazy/violent circus performers.

• @goldenpenguin YAY Boston :-p

@minskat30 That is super fucking rough, especially since you're not the one who's putting pause on having kids. Keep doing what you're doing--leave the room when he's Facetiming with her, and end the conversation when she brings it up with you.

@beanbot2002 I kind of love that you celebrate your divorced parents' anniversary with your mom. It's a nice way to turn a painful date into something nice to look forward to.

I am getting sick :( I know I'm definitely coming down with something because I'm congested and my throat is a little prickly ... which are the same symptoms J had yesterday. And today, J is still home, in bed, taking a sick day without any prodding from me (!!!) because he feels like he's dying. He even took Tylenol without me even suggesting it.

Since I'm immunocompromised, I need to rest to keep this from destroying me for 1-2 weeks, but I have to go into work this afternoon to finish my Western blot and to teach a discussion section.

Wedding stuff has been going much better, though. We had a dance lesson last night and things are finally starting to click for us with that. RSVP deadline is almost here, so next week, we'll finalize the seating chart. J got his shirt, belt, and tie yesterday. The chuppah is almost done (Sunday, we're going to finish building it, now that everything's painted and we've got the fabric). Flowers aren't done yet, but I need to just sit down on Saturday and churn them out.

One more month!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @TwoDimes I live in an area where things book about a year and a half in advance apparently. It boggles my mind that vendors book so quickly and so far in advance. A coworker's daughter just got engaged last month, and she had her heart set on a particular location and is only able to have the wedding in December of 2015 due to her school schedule. That venue was already booked, and now she's scrambling to find a different location! It's crazy! I'm certain that if my wedding were on a Saturday instead of a Friday, we'd already be SOL on a lot of vendors. 

That's awesome though that you found a great venue that takes care of almost everything! Makes life a lot easier, right? I've been told by a few cake vendors that I don't need to worry about booking them until 6 months out. I think the florists are the same way. It sounds like you're in great shape with your wedding :) I really wish the vendors here didn't put the pressure on to book rightnowatthismoment! I was planning on doing the majority of this stuff in the spring. :-\ 

@phira Holy moly 1 month! Will you post pics of the chuppah when it's finished? I think it's so cool that you guys built it.Also, I really hope both you and J feel better soon!

• futuremrshistorian Mine's Tuesday, yay Libras! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards