Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaid dresses in San Francisco

Hello bay area brides! I'm going to start looking for bridesmaids dresses and just doing an initial search I'm a little confused about where to go and what lines are good quality. The other issue is that I've got a couple bridesmaids in SF and a couple in LA so I would need either a line that I can find in both areas or a store I can find in both areas. I would appreciate the help, thanks!

Re: Bridesmaid dresses in San Francisco

• First, I would try this on your local board to get more specific help with stores/chains.

Before you begin your search though.  You should ask each of your girls their dress budgets privately.  Then take the lowest budget and stick to it.  Also keep in mind alterations and shipping (if you go online) as a part of that budget.

As a general note, I had no problem using David's Bridal for my wedding party, especially since I had four girls living in three states!  Other lines include J Crew, Alfred Angelo, BHDLN and even Target has some nice dresses if you're on a budget.

A final thought, instead of trying to coordinate a single trip, consider allowing the BM a color/fabric/length/designer (in any combination) and letting them just pick a dress cut on their own.  Obviously its not required, but will probably make the coordination easier. :)

• Thank you cowgirl, those are good suggestions and I'm going to try them out!
  • Good luck!!!
  • Hello bay area brides! I'm going to start looking for bridesmaids dresses and just doing an initial search I'm a little confused about where to go and what lines are good quality. The other issue is that I've got a couple bridesmaids in SF and a couple in LA so I would need either a line that I can find in both areas or a store I can find in both areas. I would appreciate the help, thanks!
    if you are willing to make a trip to the south bay, try Trudy's Bridal in Campbell.  They have an awesome selection of dresses.  I also second the David's Bridal idea.   You may want to consider giving your bridesmaids a color and length, and letting each person pick a dress that is flattering to them, rather than forcing them all to wear the same dress. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards